*Imperius Mayor Office

Moderator: Community Team

Michael

Re: Imperius Mayor Office

Post by Michael »

As Morghain leaves, he sits back in his chair waiting for his next visitor.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Having walked all the way from her cottage into Imperius town, Annabel on her hip, a container in her other hand, Thorn was feeling the effects of the very warm day and was glad to see the Town Hall. Walking up the steps and into the building she asked for direction to the Mayor's Office.

Reaching the door Thorn shifted Annabel to sit straighter and then carefully knocked on the door, waiting for a reply.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Waiting patiently in his office for his next Visitor, He heard a knock on the door. Curious as ever he got off his chair to see who it was. As he opened the door he found himself staring at a Woman with a cute little baby.Hello, Im Michael, Mayor of Imperius, Please come in, take a seat. Welcome to my office.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn smiled at the Mayor and did as he bade, entering and quietly placed the container on his desk before sitting, sitting her daughter on her lap.

Hello, she said quietly, smiling at him. I am Thorn, and I wanted to wish you luck on winning the elections, and to offer my support in any way that I can be of service. I was baking earlier and made some biscuits... I hope you like them, she said looking at where she had placed them. I have moved back to Imperius and would like to help, if I can? But I don't mean to be forward or to step on your toes in any way, but from our few letters I think I can help.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Michael closed the door went to his chair and sat down. After his letters with Thorn he was happy to finally put a face to the name. She had placed a container of Biscuits on his desk and offered him some. Only to happy accept he took one in hand and took a bite of it. It was magical, fresh and warm straight out of the oven Just how he likes it. wow, these cookies are delicious. From our letters i know its great for Imperius to have you back in the Town. Its a pleasure to finally meet you face to face. Unfortunately i dont know this little one. Michael looks at the baby and begins with his baby talk. Hoping he does not look like a fool. He sees a smile on the little ones face and turns his attention back to Thorn. Welcome back to Imperius. With the elections coming up there is quite a few things to do. But i have most of it covered. We do however need wood for the Town Hall. So if you would like to chop some wood from our over grown forest, I would be happy to give you an axe.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Watching him take a biscuit and taste Thorn smiled as she saw the look of enjoyment on his face.

I'm happy to be in Imperius and glad to finally meet you at last, Thorn said smiling, looking at her daughter who was giggling at the silly man talking funny to her. This one is Annabel, my daughter. She's 9 months and getting active...

Listening to Michael talk further, mentioning the elctions and the wood chopping that was needed by the town, Thorn nodded.

I already made a start on wood yesterday, but without an axe yes it was rather futile, barely enough to start a fire, she said, a slight flush in her cheeks as she thought how dumb she had not gone out to buy an axe. I'll happily chop wood, and if you want help with your election then I will assist.

My cottage is outside the town walls, not far from the river if ever you are passing, Thorn added thinking.
Michael

Post by Michael »

listening to what she had to say he said Here is a an axe courtesy of the Town Hall. This should help you in the Forest.
Thorn mentioned her cottage and Michael had remembered seeing it a while back I remember seeing that cottage some time ago. I knocked on the door but there was nobody home. I would love to come and visit sometime, it will be good to get out of this office for some fresh air.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thank you, the axe will get good usage, Thorn said smiling. Listening to him speak Thorn watched him, thinking how at ease he was in himself and glad he was in person as he had sounded by correspondence. She was pleased because their letters had given her much to think about.

Well you are most welcome to call any time,
she started to say, pausing at a thought. In fact if you would like to escape the office later you are welcome to come share dinner with us. Its simple fair but its wholesome... stew and freshly baked bread...

Thorn stopped talking, realising how forward she was being. This man would have other places to go, and looked down at her daughter to hide her embarrassment, hoping he would not think her forward.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Amazed at the generosity of this kind woman, He thinks when last he had a good home cooked meal and good company to share it with. I would like that, thank you very much. I will just need to finish off my work for the day and i will be there.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn looked at the Mayor and standing smiled at him.

Then I will leave you to your work and allow you to finish for the day,
she said stepping away from the chair she had been sat. Come when you are ready. The door will be open.

Settling Annabel comfortably on her hip again Thorn turned and left the Mayor's office to head home, to prepare for her first visitor since returning to Imperius.