Scarlette's Mayoral Candidacy Announcement

Moderator: Community Team

Scarlette

Scarlette's Mayoral Candidacy Announcement

Post by Scarlette »

You have all known me for some time and know I possess the skills to get things done. I have ever been loyal to Fenia. I am steadfast and honest in all things and I have been active within this Kingdom as well as within this town and have been very reliable. It would be the highest honor to be able to more fully serve Imperius and therfore Fenia.
Scarlette stands by for any questions.
Last edited by Scarlette on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Auron

Re: Scarlette's Mayoral Candidacy Announcement

Post by Auron »

Auron receives Scarlette's mail and decides to reply.
Hello,

Imperious? I've seen you write this before in a mail. Just to let you know, our town is called Imperius.

Regards,
Auron
Scarlette

Post by Scarlette »

Auron,
Forgive me. You are of course right...it is indeed Imperius.

Scarlette
((sometimes my fingers get ahead of my head and "Imperious" seems more correct than "Imperius" but most certainly my apologies.))
Akantha

Post by Akantha »

Having received a letter from two of the potential mayoral candidates, Akantha has decided to briefly visit each candidate's speaking area. Standing just beyond the edge of the crowd, the Hunter lifts a hand in a request to be heard. "My Lady, I've a question." She studies the Mord Sith briefly before continuing. "Forgive me if I sound impertinent, but I have noticed some discord between you and the other potential mayors. Are you running simply because you dislike them?"
Scarlette

Post by Scarlette »

I believe I have the same issues with Lucofer as everyone at the moment. That however does not mean I can pass judgement on whether or not he can do the job he has stepped forward for. I find that he does tend to get emotionally involved in most things he does. I know not if that is always good or bad. I do not know enough of Michael to pass judgement on his character. He seems to have been doing a good job currently...with what he has in any case.

Therefore to answer your question, while it may be true I have been clear in my personal opinions of certain others I am not going to stand here and tell you I am the ONLY one who can do a good job. I CAN tell I can do a good job and I will throw myself into it as I do everything else I commit to but I will not stand and allow my personal opinions to color my opinions on whether or not my opponents can do this job as well. That is not my place and I would hope that any one of us that wins will continue to keep the interests of our town and Kingdom foremost in their minds.

I decided to run for this position with the hope I can bring something new to the job. With the hope I can manage what I can in the service of my Kingdom. If the citizens decide I cannot then so be it but at least I can say an attempt was made.

So no I am NOT running for this position simply because I dislike my opponents though I will not deny I do have personal opinions of them, such has NO place in the election.
Akantha

Post by Akantha »

After standing quietly for some time, the Hunter nods once in satisfaction.
Ava

Post by Ava »

An honest question. Aren't you the one I've seen on forum, quite literally ripping people apart with your words?? Degrading them, more or less 'putting them in their place' without effort to retain their dignity?? I believe it was Michael in his bid for the throne. Your words were quite nasty and really uncalled for.

Honestly, that you can talk to someone you really don't know with that kind of disrespect, slicing and dicing him with razor sharp words....sorry, it just doesn't bring a warm fuzzy feeling to my soul when I think about you. Your words were really quite unimpressive.

That you now shout "ALL HAIL THE KING!" reeks of hypocrisy after having read your words of the past. My vote will go to someone I feel truly does "Hail the King!"

Regards,
~Ava~
Ava stands and in a quiet even tone, expresses her thoughts.

I am a lover not a fighter, but when I saw your mail in my mailbox someone had to stand up and speak truth. This sort of thing isn't in my nature, but I couldn't let my thoughts go unspoken. It matters not how long you have been a member of this community. It matters not all the high wages, and low prices to the people....what matters is how you treat people. A good leader treats people with dignity and respect, even when pointing out that they may be wrong about something. My vote will go elsewhere.

All Hail King Michael!
balerion

Post by balerion »

You do realize you just necroed this thread right?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Ava

Post by Ava »

Maybe So...Maybe Not...It is in the wake of a letter I just received from Scarlette just yesterday, 15 Nov 1651. She is indeed running for mayor this term, so my 'raising the dead' of this thread is not out of line.

Scarlette

Post by Scarlette »

My loyalty to this Kingdom and to His Majesty King Michael are not in question.

Before the election I had the right as a citizen to question those who put their name forth to lead our Kingdom.

As a Mord Sith now it is done and long over it is only my duty to serve and protect the King even should it cost my own life and I have served Fenia with this degree of loyalty for two years.

I would not even have a husband who sought to cause harm to our town or country.

As far as my bluntness and honesty being an issue I cannot apologize for that. I am what I am and I am not the sneaky be nice and lie to your face, if there are questions that should be asked I ask them.

King Michael has shown since his election that he is a great leader and I will show respect for that if I wish and hail him all day long as i my wish and my duty as a Mord Sith. My loyalty is not in question and I assure you I am more than capable of doing this job, others who have gone before me hav not always treated the people with "kid gloves" either. As I said I wish for us all to continue working to improve our town and bring glory to our Kingdom.

All Hail His Majesty King Michael!!