Religious Fervour - "Laud Kaos"

Moderator: Community Team

Xavier

Religious Fervour - "Laud Kaos"

Post by Xavier »

Xavier walked into the middle of the town square and lifted his hood. His face startled some people in the crowd that was gathering around him. He held his book in his right hand, revealing the muscle tendons. He was not much of a public speaker and even worse was not a preacher but everyone had to make sacrifices. He stood up straight and looked out before the crowd. He began to speak, talking to the crowd.

Citizens of Bravia! I call upon you to turn away from the followers of "the faith" and ignore the teachings of the Order of Mucaz! Do not listen to the falsehood they spread! Do not listen to the lies that they preach! I call upon any willing to listen to heed the call of my Lord Azrael! The one and true God! He who rules the abyss! Join us in the plight to stop the tyranny that is "the faith".

To the citizens of Bravia I give to you "Laud Kaos!"

Surprisingly Xavier had got into his little speech and realised he was acting like the preachers of "the faith"...I must endure this annoyance he thought to himself. Others can do this later. He waited to see the repsonse of the crowd.
Molly

Re: Religious Fervour - "Laud Kaos"

Post by Molly »

Walking from the temple and from the welcoming she hears the man speaking. Curiosity gaining the better of her. Strolling straight before him she presented herself to him. "Hello I am priestess Molly. Welcome to our home, but why turn away the faith? With the faith being neither light or dark. Good or bad. Well why not join us, and bring unique insight to our equality?"
Last edited by Molly on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier gazed down before the woman who had approached him. Gazing upon her attire he took a guess that she was a priestess and her words confirmed his thought. Already they come to silence me thought Xavier to himself. The crowd looked on expectantly at him for his answer. He hated large crowds. Why was Azrael making him do such things.

Priestess...what is it that makes you think Azrael and his followers are equal to any other beleif! I have spoken to your priests and talked with your followers and their view upon the faith differes greatly to the words you bring before me! Neither good nor bad. Hah! People standing here, this woman would have you beleive that the faith is neither good nor bad yet oh so many of you beleivers here think very differently!

Priestess, do not speak such things unless you are sure of these teachings!

Xavier glared down upon the priestess, his red eyes burning even brighter. He waited for her answer.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Having come used to the glares of many, and disapproving of the few. She smiled a large bright smiles at him. Slightly perplexed she wondered how long she had actually slept. "The other priests? You spoke to Zachrin then?"
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier looks at the priestess a little bemused then smiles to himself with slight joy. Oh what an amusing situation this will become. The priestesses smile was still unerving. How could this woman be so accepting. It was worthy of respect even if she followed a false religion.

I do apologise. I have not spoken to the one called Zachrin. His name was Jason. Is he not a priest? I see that your so called faith keep track of their followers.
Last edited by Xavier on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Grins to the man most assuredly, "Jason is still in training at this point. In time the faith willing he will be a priest. I am interested if time you can bless me with. To your concerns of my fellow in the faith. We are to be accepting of others. If this isn't the case you should be able to explain why it is you feel such." Pausing she motions the man towards a stack of wood for a seat.

"In this town of Bravia I am the priestess to the faith. I do believe in my vows of being open to all opinions. To a degree Zachrin has said that we of the faith will support the over all view of those in our reflective area. If this is the case, and you wish your beliefs represented as well. It is my duty to listen to them to a point. Just as I must accept Jason's." Pausing a moment she moves slightly to the side.

"Please come sit with me, and speak of your beliefs. May I have this much even as a priestess?" A coy smile plays along her tired lips. Faith having led her to him this day. Often she remained quiet even in her own town. Often she hardly spoke to any, but there was a reason upon waking from her retreat with in the temple. This man was brought here to Bravia where she was charged. She believed in the faith so far, and it brought her to this point. Perhaps the respect of an individual was more her purpose, or perhaps another path for her to chose. Any who knew her path so far would have thought it to be a short one, but here she is rather pleased to be sharing a conversation even with one who believes she is false in her beliefs in the faith.
Danraz

Post by Danraz »

Pulling his bow taut and taking a deep breath to steady the arrow, Danraz aimed towards the priestess. "Too meddeling" he thought to himself as a deep sense of satisfaction overcame his body, another day, another kill. However, something stopped Danraz, a frown passed through his features but, he must do as commanded. He stepped off of the roof, muttering under his breath.

"What a mistake, she will surely be more trouble that she's worth. A priestess of the faith? Bah! She will burn before I let her praise the great Azrael!"

Danraz walked down into the mass that had assembled around his master, waiting to confront his master.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier began to step away from the crowd and follow the priestess and take a seat. Azrael did not negotiate but listening to the woman's offer would bring either of them any harm. The spreading of Azrael's teachings was all that mattered to him. Using "The Faith" for his own gain was all that mattered. Getting accepted may prove useful. As he approached the priestess to discuss options he saw from the corner of his eye Danraz. His bow was at the ready and aimed at the priestess. "What was he thinking!" thought Xavier. He moved towards the follower in anger. He swiped the bow down from the firing position.

Danraz! What do you think your doing! You step out of line! Put your bow away!

Plans in the making were being laid to waste before even starting. How unsightly..
Last edited by Xavier on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Priestess Molly continued onward to the seat. Remaining quietly through out the event. She had been aware of the unfolding troubles. Perhaps it is part of the faith, or the part of Zach that past through her in the baptism. That allowed her to sense tensions. She had been aware when Xavier stepped away to defend her. Just as when the new man Danraz had lowered his weapon. Keeping her smile her eyes only remained upon the seat.

Once reaching the stack of wood she turned sitting down softly eyes pinned to both men. Not a look of fear, anger, or reaction of any kind played upon her face. How could she be? Even if the new man had fired the arrow. Sending the quiver to her heart. She would have to believe there was a greater purpose and reason.

Scooping her hair to settle over her shoulder wrapped around her neck for warmth she finally spoke. “Your friend is welcome as well to speak, and share. He can even rub oil in the shelf and limb of his weapon. Adjusting the grip if he is more comfortable with this.”
Danraz

Post by Danraz »

Danraz followed them to their seat, but did not sit. Rather, he turned his back and let his cape conceal his form. The couple would have all but forgot him had they not been so shocked at his recent display.

Xavier, what would you have me do? Shall I oil my arms as she suggests? Or rather have me save you the effort and time you will spend trying to reach out to "The Faith". This is a charade! And not only that but you are willing to follow this around in circles!

Danraz spat into the road beneath them with a look of deep concern upon his warped face.