Religious Fervour - "Laud Kaos"

Moderator: Community Team

Xavier

Re: Religious Fervour - "Laud Kaos"

Post by Xavier »

Xavier turned to the priestess and nodded his head giving her a flase smile. The actions of Danraz were not those that could be easily forgot. He turned to Danraz.

You shall return from whichever dark place you lurked and stay there until such time I have need of you. Do not step out of place again lest you be on the receiving end of my staff. Now leave us! I am the chosen prophet of our great Lord and you shall do as I say!

Xavier did not turn to see whether or not Danraz had gone. He turned back to the priestess and motioned for her to discuss more about the faith. Hopefully he could figure something out. The crowd, initially startled by Danraz's entrance, had realised that the speech had been prematurely ended. They slowly discussed amongst themselves whilst returning to their normal daily lives. Leaving the priestess and him to talk about such matters in relative privacy. Xavier knew that Danraz was lurking somewhere though.

Forgive Danraz, he is quick with his actions and slow with his thoughts. I apologise for his actions. However do not think it a gesture of friendship or otherwise...I did it merely because he was foolish. I can not let our great Lord Azreal's name be tarnished.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Notes the clear objection of the new man looking to where he spat. Only looks up with a smile wondering if he realized this is a blessing to some people. Turning only to see Xavier’s stern reaction towards his friend. Surely there seemed to be a true power struggle between these two, but she wondered why there was a struggle at all if it was only a discussion. Molly was completely oblivious to any others around as she was not being warned they were a threat to her yet, or to others.

“No forgiving on my behalf is needed Xavier. I accept his beliefs as well. Then again I must confess. I never really elaborated to any one else my beliefs. I do hope this is realized, and understood to those around me.” Pausing she let her eyes examine him closely. Studying his form in order to learn what she could about this form of man. She couldn’t help herself for this was what she agreed to in her baptism upon drinking the potion she took in. In learning we grow. No matter the interpretation faced. She wouldn’t yet reveal more of herself, or of her feelings towards what he had to say. To a degree there was some level of cover in his words. She could sense much with in the tone and vibrations in a beings speech.

“In the faith we are missing one to represent the darker aspects of belief. Mage Zachrin is the most powerful and gifted of us. He has powers many of us are only just seeing and feeling. I can’t say learning so much as accepting. Did you know the faith allows for deities? We only agree at this time that there is greater power. Not to which power any one must follow.” Pausing there she leans back along the log. Stretching her feet in front of her. Only slightly to the side. Placing her feet over where Danraz just spat. A show of acceptance and no fear to what he brought them.

"Who is this lord Azreal, and where is his powers held from?"
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier, seeing the priestesses reaction to Danraz, hid a brief smile under his cloak. He recomposed himself in the few seconds and looked up once more. The priestess asked and he would would tell her a brief part of the tomes. He removes a tome from underneath his cloak. Upon opening it he reads aloud in a hushed tone the first section.

Lord Azrael, God of Death and Disease. He watches over all life and is the cause of all death upon this world. He shuns the wicked forcing them to live their pety lives and for his followers...the ones who are truly devoted...he grants his gifts and blessings. We, if so chose to, are granted release from are mortal bodies and reborn as the undead you see before you today. Azrael looks over and protects all who do his work, these be murderers and warmongers, and would condemn those that would work to prevent his work from being done, healers and peacekeepers.

Lord Azrael is a deity with no equal in our faith. He have no second god for no other is necessary. Azrael however does grant his power upon a chosen few for being devout compared to all others. These chosen are Azrael's Angels of Death. They swoop down carrying a scythe in one hand and a skull in another. They are the messengers to followers and the nightmares of those who do not beleive.

Enough talk of the texts for now. I have already told too much.

Xavier places the tome back under his cloak.

satisfied priestess?
Danraz

Post by Danraz »

Danraz sulked off towards where he came from. A style suiting his simply childish manner. He kept a watchful eye upon his master and the priestess, noticing that she had stood upon where he had spat. Little did she know the plagues contained within. If she wasn't scared of him now, she would be, or...at least she would be begging for forgiveness from a blessing in diguise.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Noting Danraz sulking off away from them she watched remaining quiet. Where her feet had rested upon where he spat as she remained seated. She could sense trouble, but had not a worry. She had faith, at least for now.

Before turning as Xavier revealed his tome reading from it’s teachings from inside. Remaining quiet as he spoke Molly tried not to glance to closely. It was obviously something treasured to him. She wouldn’t press more than he had already shared.

Her eyes remained pinned to the distance where Danraz had left her view. Letting the words of Xavier pierce into her mind. Nodding to his question that he, at least for now, had given her enough of a description. She turned looking into his red eyes. As best as she could past his hood.

“Necromaster Xavier the faith is about acceptance. While being free to making ones own choices. Even if your belief doesn’t appear that of any more darkness than that of other beliefs to me. There maybe some who consider working with the dead dark. We try not to punish for choices, but in the same moment we must consider each others rights. There will always be a battle between what some term the light and dark. If you are willing to cooperate if nothing else for the benefit of your followers and god. I personally would gladly welcome you into the faith as a representation of your beliefs. Just as your faith has such strong beliefs, of which there can be no denying, there will be others of the faith as well whom hold their own strong beliefs. Is this something you would be interested in participating in?”

Returning her gaze into the distance she remained quiet now. She is had her own thoughts once more she suppresses. Her own battles with in that she battled. As she believed it was not for the benefit of those around her to reveal or explore them. She could since danger growing beneath her feet, but attempted to bless it clearing for now the danger it contained.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Lord Azrael accepts all and any who would wish to join him. In the same way that members of another religion will think us evil and wrong in our faith we hold the same opinion to other faiths. Working with the dead is nothing more than a practice within our faith. people who think it wrong or evil are not worthy to be accepted as Azrael's follower.

Xavier looked upon the spit on the ground...hmmm what was Danraz up to. Xavier ignored it for the moment more focused on the discussion.

Others may worship whichever God they wish. I will think it wrong and whoever those followers be to be foolish but I accept other religions are out there. People are free to make thier own choices....some will just be blessed by Azrael more than others. Within are faith we do not condemn those for denying our views...having them live their pathetic lives is punishment enough. However followers of our faith may have less of an accepting nature...take Danraz for example. Azrael gives his followers the choice to become such as myself and Danraz as written in the scriptures. He is kind to those that would follow him and nothing more. This is something that neither I or any other follower can change. Azrael would only help those that worship him.

I hope this is an adequete answer.

Xavier looked down upon the spit once more. He was now slightly concerned about what Danraz was planning. Would he go against Azrael's will...he hoped not. He looked back at the priestess and remembered to note one more point.

We are willing to cooperate for the sake of the spreading of Azrael's teachings. Xavier smiled wryly from underneath is hood away from the eyes of the priestess. Best laid plans...
Molly

Post by Molly »

Listening again quietly while she continued to battle. Her aura to those who could see it fully concentrated upon her feet. The color representing her path strongest upon the earth beneath her. Protecting her completely from the plague that would consume her.

“If you will be part of the faith to benefit all, and what you say is true. Let us go now to the outer chambers Xavier where you can request to the mage your admittance to the inner chambers, and begin your work to being a priest of the faith, and your beliefs.”

Smiling she now stood upon the spot she had battled. Where she had struggled silently with what one would force upon her. Stepping away with her faith left a spot of harmless black earth. Almost as if the battle they shared and created an invisible inferno. Holding out a second hand to Xavier she waited him to join her in heading to the temple.

Her concentration again able to relax from the battle over her own self. Smiling softly once more she nodded. "The others wait for you."A slight wind picks up from the south blowing this scorched earth away now. Erasing all memory except from herself and these men the signs of what would be tried. Giving each a fresh canvas to again follow their beliefs.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier watched as the priestess dispersed the plague beneath her feet...hmm a fancy trick....I must learn how to counter that later. It seems their is more then one force afoot in this universe...this will need investigation at some stage.
Molly wrote:“If you will be part of the faith to benefit all, and what you say is true. Let us go now to the outer chambers Xavier where you can request to the mage your admittance to the inner chambers, and begin your work to being a priest of the faith, and your beliefs.”
Xavier gazed up to see Molly gesturing for himself to follow her.

Very well let us discuss this in your temple...albeit much to my dismay. Priestess I would have you remember, hold your words and choose them carefully, I am no priest... I am a necromancer. The principle is the same but the mannerisms and honour of the title are very much different.

Xavier slightly annoyed at the priestesses words began walking towards the temple.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Silently returning to the temple. The slightest of chuckles played inside of her. Content to follow this path through once more.