people's representative council report

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
TheGardener

people's representative council report

Post by TheGardener »

amanda smiled walking up to a small box and stood upon it. "here ye! here ye! the council of bravia has agreed to do multiple reports during the term of council to help keep you the citizens of our land informed of what is going on in council. if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to come to my office and i will bring it to council."

amanda hit a nail into a piece of parchment so it would be hanging for all to see.

------ council report - october 17, 1651 ------

letter from the viceroy:

People of Bravia,

I'd like to thank my fellow councilors first, and foremost, for all their hard work including Petal, Gardener, and Callie. These councilors have gone above and beyond for their calls of offices, and have participated extensively in council discussions or in offices as needed to meet the needs of the VR.

Petal - was assigned to the position as Judge early on in the term; however, we had a few pressing issues to attend to in the office of Finance Minister and she took the reins of that office while a more permanent person could fill the role (Willow is now the Finance Minister).
Gardener - there was much debate and discussion regarding the safety grant held by Gardener last term, but I'm happy to say and report (again) that she returned the grant quickly after being requested from myself as Viceroy. She has also effectively conducted polls in her office of the People's Representative and presently represents Bravia as a diplomatic ambassador to Fenia and Kiene.
Callie - since she holds no office, she is currently helping Gardener with issuing public reports to the people as well as diplomatic ambassador. If you would like to read more about happenings, please visit the public lobby of the castle.

At the start of this term, there was confusion over the procedures of council. As a result, the council shall be focusing on placing into action a series of procedures to better handle situations that arise in council (VR elections, Vote of No Confidence, etc.). Once these procedures have been drafted and passed by the council, the people shall be informed.

Another matter currently under discussion is the exile of Xavier. There are many against the lifting of the exile, and some who have no preference (were not here during that time). The last council had too much focus on certain issues the last term, that this was not properly settled. It is our duty to settle these issues for the people of Bravia instead of letting it go on without a resolution.

The Viceroyalty would like to communicate and cooperate with individual towns on a security, economic, and social level. There are discussions currently going on between all mayors (Logo, Balerion, and Peronell) about these issues. If you have any ideas about these matters, please direct all comments to our General or People's Representative as appropriate.

We noticed the VR has an issue with military preparedness and we are seeking to rectify that issue through the office of General. Amladris, long-time respected General, was placed in the office to organize the military and close outstanding payments. Due to some miscommunication and questionable actions, he has been removed and replaced by TT for organization. The office of General is being directly overseen by myself, and no operations shall be carried out unless it is in the defense of Bravia. Bravia seeks friendly relations with all, which is why we have focused on sending diplomatic ambassadors to secure these relations.

The University has also been under the watchful eye of the council. There seems to be a lack of general information as shown by a recent poll, and we hope to rectify this by working with the current Rector, Peronell. We want to improve the educational community and prepare our young folks for the studies at the University. It will improve the community as a whole if we have more scholars (whether from within Bravia or outside) visit our grand University.

TheGardener is given credit for this idea about quarterly reports, and we hope to be communicating with the public more in detail as time progresses. ;)

Thank you for your support, and my mailbox is open for comments, suggestions, or the like.

arthur_loxley
Viceroy of Bravia

judiciary update

(Case #79) Viceroyalty of Bravia Vs TheGardener - Filed under Public Disorder is currently under appeal. no other cases exist.

mines update

Open Mines:

Mine 2: Iron Mine
Statistics:
Level 13, Health 100%
Output of 27/person
Wages 20.00 freznics in 2 payments
Hires up to 6 miners per day
Last week there were 13 iron workers (less than 2 per day)
Two weeks ago there were 21 iron workers (three per day)

Mine 3: Gold Mine
Statistics:
Level 13, Health 100%
Output of 29/person
Wages 20.00 freznics in 2 payments
Hires up to 6 miners per day
Last week there were 7 gold workers (one per day)
Two weeks ago there were 13 gold workers (less than 2 per day)

internal affairs update

Capitol: Bravia
Status of Viceregal Castle: Status Quo
Outlaws: 0
Status of Castle Walls: Excellent (100%)

Animals sold
Cows - 18
Chickens - 23
Sheep - 4

Points hired
Judicial points - 30
Army points - 30
Audit points - 60

Corruption never got above 5% and was easily reduced by using 5 Audit points per day

There seems to be a shortage of wheat in the region at this current time as it is out of season, so I have reduced the Cow ranch to 8 from 12 to reduce feeding costs until our stores of wheat can be increased.

finances update

Quarter Report

Sales and Purchases:

Oct 15, 1651 4:00 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 10 bags of wheat at 11.00 each from the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 15, 1651 4:00 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 25 bags of wheat at 11.00 each from the Town Hall of Bravia
Oct 15, 1651 9:07 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 10 bags of wheat at 11.00 each from the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 15, 1651 9:07 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 10 bags of wheat at 11.00 each from the Town Hall of Bravia
Oct 12, 1651 7:00 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has sold 20 pieces of Gold at 10.00 each to the Town Hall of Bravia
Oct 11, 1651 3:07 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has sold 30 pounds of Iron at 10.00 each to the Town Hall of Paz
Oct 11, 1651 1:28 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has sold 30 pieces of cow carcasses at 14.25 each to the Town Hall of Bravia
Oct 10, 1651 4:49 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has sold 20 pieces of Gold at 10.00 each to the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 10, 1651 10:28 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has sold 50 bushels of wood at 5.60 each to the Town Hall of Paz
Oct 10, 1651 10:21 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has sold 10 pieces of Gold at 10.00 each to the Town Hall of Paz
Oct 05, 1651 6:49 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has sold 100 pounds of Iron at 10.00 each to the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 05, 1651 6:49 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has sold 100 pounds of Stone at 10.00 each to the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 04, 1651 6:56 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 50 bags of wheat at 10.50 each from the Town Hall of Paz
Oct 04, 1651 12:49 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 100 bags of corn at 2.75 each from the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 04, 1651 12:49 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 62 bags of corn at 2.74 each from the Town Hall of Bravia
Oct 04, 1651 12:42 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 200 bags of corn at 2.75 each from the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 04, 1651 12:42 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 200 bags of corn at 2.75 each from the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 04, 1651 12:42 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 200 bags of corn at 2.74 each from the Town Hall of Bravia
Oct 03, 1651 9:35 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 30 bags of wheat at 10.50 each from the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 03, 1651 3:21 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 50 bags of wheat at 10.00 each from the Town Hall of Paz

Viceregal Audit

Today's Numbers:
Income from Goods: 0.00
Income from Level: 0
Wages: 0.00
Purchases: 0.00
Cost of Walls: 0.00
Income From Patrons: 0
Loss from Corruption: 0.00

Yesterday's Final Numbers:
Income from Level: 480
Wages: 20.00
Purchases: 605.00
Income from Patrons: 378

This week's Numbers:
Income from Goods: 1507.50
Income from Level: 480
Wages: 200.00
Purchases: 605.00
Income from Patrons: 2296

Last Week's Final Numbers:
Income from Goods: 2000.00
Income from Level: 2040
Wages: 740.00
Purchases: 3432.88
Income from Patrons: 2632

We have a shortage of wheat for the Bravia cows.

military update

i have recruited several new people into the bravian army and am looking for more.

talked with kane about him making an army in cork. The Black Legion is now defending our border.

i am still working on paying people for september, should be sorted by today i hope.

council discussions

the council discussed the following topics:
  • level 3 assistance program - should we continue it and/or add to it? discussion resolution: keep it and maybe add to it.
  • university poll results - discussed ways to improve the university. a few suggestions on how the university could get more people involved.
  • procedure question - discussed different procedures that should be documented to help future councils and bravian citizens understand government process better
  • discussion of price of gold versus cost to mine
  • roll call of councilors to help determine activity
  • vote of confidence procedure - discussion on what should be procedure for vote of confidence. no final text yet selected
  • exile of xavier - should it be lifted? some say no, some say yes. poll being put up to gather feedback from residents.
  • diplomatic visits - callie and amanda have been sent to visit fenia and kiene to open diplomatic relations
  • winter is coming - discussion about stockpiling up some goods to help bravia survive the winter.
  • military organization - discussion regarding how to organize our military (on-going)
  • nobility system - discussion regarding if we should have one and results of poll.
finished viceregal polls

Poll Question: should we have a nobility system? (Ends Oct 08, 1651 at 8:24 am)
Results: (Total Votes: 48)

yes. let's draft up a noble system (43.75%)
no. scrap it for a master title system (18.75%)
no. we don't need either (20.83%)
who cares? all i want is a flower (16.67%)

Poll Question: is the university rector doing a good job? (Ends Oct 04, 1651 at 8:02 am)
Results: (Total Votes: 67)

yes (58.21%)
no (17.91%)
i don't even know who the rector is (23.88%)

final message from the people's representative

i hope that you found this information helpful and that it will give you an idea of how council is working on making our lands better through discussion. it is my belief that this council is tackling some of the communication issues that have been an issue in the past. please give us your feedback on this report as well as any of the matters discussed. don't forget we are actively trying to give your opinions on the nobility system in the inn as well as the new polls coming up on xavier's exile.

your opinion matters greatly to us. together we make bravia and i thank my fellow councilors for their contributions to this report. i hope you look forward to future reports. if you have questions on anything here, i would be happy to address anything that i can.

amanda, the gardener of bravia
TheGardener

Re: people's representative council report

Post by TheGardener »

------ council report - november 3, 1651 ------

judiciary update

(Case #87) Viceroyalty of Bravia Vs liam7522 - Filed under Public Disorder
(Last Updated: Oct 31, 2011 6:19 am, Status/Ruling: In Progress)
Prosecution entering Last Statement

Notes: Defendent deceased.

(Case #79) Viceroyalty of Bravia Vs TheGardener - Filed under Public Disorder
(Last Updated: Oct 24, 2011 10:16 pm, Status/Ruling: Guilty)
This case was appealed. Appeal Status: Innocent

Purchases and Sales

Nov 01, 1651 10:56 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 5 fish at 16.00 each from the Town Hall of Paz
Oct 27, 1651 3:14 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has sold 20 steaks at 15.50 each to the Town Hall of Bravia
Oct 25, 1651 4:07 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has sold 10 pieces of Gold at 10.00 each to the Town Hall of Bravia
Oct 23, 1651 2:07 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 59 bags of wheat at 11.00 each from the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 21, 1651 3:07 pm Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 6 bags of wheat at 11.00 each from the Town Hall of Cork
Oct 17, 1651 9:49 am Viceroyalty of Bravia has bought 40 bags of wheat at 11.00 each from the Town Hall of Cork

Viceregal Audit

Today's Numbers:
Wages: 0.00
Income From Patrons: 0

Yesterday's Final Numbers:
Income from Level: 120
Wages: 10.00
Purchases: 80.00
Income from Patrons: 182

This week's Numbers:
Income from Level: 120
Wages: 30.00
Purchases: 80.00
Income from Patrons: 364

Last Week's Final Numbers:
Income from Goods: 410.00
Wages: 440.00
Income from Patrons: 1680
internal affairs update

council discussions

the council discussed the following topics:

nobility poll results - discussion continues on what titles/awards should happen
request for viceroy resignation - some councilors wanted the viceroy to resign due to opening up chambers
laws concerning grants - discussion regarding fixing the grant laws. ongoing
discussion/voting procedure - discussion regarding what discussion and voting procedure should be

final message from the people's representative

as the council term starts to wind down, there is continued discussion regarding openness. a major roadblock has been put up regarding this and the council is continuing to discuss whether council should open up. while that issue is in discussion, diplomatic good will gestures have been opened to kiene and fenia. callie and myself have been trying to keep an open dialog between our lands. the next council will hopefully continue on several of the projects that got started during this term.

your opinion matters greatly to us. together we make bravia and i thank my fellow councilors for their contributions to this report. i hope you look forward to future reports. if you have questions on anything here, i would be happy to address anything that i can.

amanda, the gardener of bravia
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Peronell walks out of the castle doors, her aura dancing around her like blobs of lava bubbling in a volcano - life is good. The recent holiday has been beneficial and refreshing. Her black cape ripples in the breeze as she address the people milling around.

Citizens of Bravia, a new council has been elected and we have chosen Logo as the Viceroy of Bravia. Your council and their appointed positions:
  • Pandora1432 (minister at large)
  • Millicent (minister at large)
  • Logo (Viceroy)
  • Amladris (General)
  • Peronell (People's Representative)
  • Grayson (Public Prosecutor)
  • balerion (Judge)
  • Urgone (Finance Minister)
  • Kane (Mine Minister)
  • Hephastion (Internal Affairs Minister)

She posts the parchment from which she had read the names on the board next to the castle gates.

As People's Representative, my duties include relaying any comments, questions, or concerns to the council for discussion or action. Please feel free to contact me.

Currently the council is working out a protocol for changing the Rector position, re-writing grant laws, and standardizing discussion and voting procedures for council. Votes are expected in at least one discussion this week and I will bring the results when they are available. Have a good day.

Peronell turns back into the castle to clean and organize her office.

Viceregal Information:
Viceregal Approval Rating: Two Thumbs Up

Bravia Town:
  • Mayor: balerion
    Mentor: Sandra
    Priest: Sandra
    Deacon: Wandress
    Approval Rating: 4 Thumbs Up
Cork:
  • ayor: Logo
    Mentor: Kane
    Priest: Amladris
    Deacon: Chloe
    Approval Rating: 5 Thumbs Up
Paz:
  • Mayor: Peronell
    Mentor: Pandora1432
    Priest: Evangeline
    Deacon: Willow
    Approval Rating: 3 Thumbs Up
Suu_Nee

Post by Suu_Nee »

Here's some information everyone (hopefully) will want to know:

Council Members:
Logo
Chloe
thorn
Amladris (General)
Suu_Nee (People's Representative)
Willow (Public Prosecutor)
Urgone (Judge)
Kane (Finance Minister)
Grayson (Mine Minister)
Anabella (Internal Affairs Minister)

More news to follow.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Current Council

Tananda
Logo
balerion (Viceroy)
Amladris (General)
Suu_Nee (Mine Minister)
SaelaV90 (Public Prosecutor)
Fira (Judge)
Victorious (Finance Minister)
thorn (People's Representative)
Marid (Internal Affairs Minister)
Councillors at large
Urgone
Annabella

Letter from Viceroy

To all Councillors

Please make sure you respond to Roll Call within 5 days as those who do not will lose their offices. As Councillors everyone of us need to be actively working for the people, and keep aware of all changes that may be made, and work done.

http://www.secfenia.org/forums/viewtopi ... =31&t=6333

Thorn
People's Representative
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

The Viceregal Council has achieved a lot this last term, many things that VR Balerion set as his targets, and more for us as a Council to aim for.

Early in this term the wood crisis that has plagued Bravia was ended. This was in large part thanks to many hard working citizens who worked willingly and tirelessly to cut wood for the VR. Not meaning to single out people my thanks go to Bacchus in particular who approached me with wood, and now the wood chopping competition currently running in Cork under the current MB Aingeal. Thank you to these and all those others not named.

The VR set his mind on upgrading the University of Bravia and with some debate this has been achieved. Very quickly the University went from a level 3 to level 4 and just a number of weeks ago reached level 5. The University is able to offer 5 classes a day. Bravia had the resources and money to do the upgrades and this is again thanks to much work, with planning and co-ordination.

The VR set about as one of his list to re-open 2 mines, and he was able to do this very early on in this term. In fact there have been 3 mines running, stone and iron as the Mines Minister sees fit with need, the Gold mine running well. There was a need to help the citizens to have freely available and reliable jobs and the mines enabled this. Additionally the iron mine underwent a much needed upgrade and this has assisted in the production of iron ore, another of the targets set out by VR Balerion. The VR now has an additional 9000 units of various ores, on top of ore the inventory the term began with in the Castle.

The population has remained relatively strong this last term with migration of citizens from Fenia, and even Spirius after it was hit by the earthquake. In fact figures just handed to me as I write this indicate while through migration or death Bravia has lost 9 citizens while Fenia 25. Let us hope with a new term Bravia can continue to go from strength to strength.

One of the biggest and hardest tasks the VR has set about to do this term has been to update the legal codex. After many hours of wangling and much heated debate and false starts, *pulls a face*, I am happy to be able to write that the codex update was passed. On top of this Council procedures have been updated.

Another thing targeted by the VR this term was to ensure military payments were made on time. This has been achieved. Afterall we can’t go having our loyal citizens not getting what they are owed can we?

It is important to recognise those that work for and on the behalf of Bravia. Loyalty is important to this VR and hard work. The citizens of Bravia have been instrumental in the work achieved and we as a Council applaud all who have showed themselves willing. Again on the behalf of the Viceroy and his Council I would like to thank everyone, and can only add that I hope the next Council will build on the foundations already in place.

Thorn
People’s Representative
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

Council XVI:

Motley Alliance (MA) (Total Votes: 46.15% Town Votes: Bravia 57.14%, Paz 0%, Cork 43.48%
Power to the People (PTTP) (Total Votes: 53.85% Town Votes: Bravia 42.86%, Paz 100%, Cork 56.52%

The following is your new council:
1. balerion / Marid
(MA)
2. Aishe (MA)
3. thorn (MA)
4. Victorious (MA)
5. Logo (MA)
6. Anabella / Grayson (PTTP)
7. Aingeal (PTTP)
8. Willow (PTTP)
9. Idra (PTTP)
10. Thoughtless (PTTP)

Please note that Balerion resigned due to needing a break and Marid has taken his place by default. Anabella has resigned due to personal matters and Grayson has taken her place by default.

Starting Positions:
Viceroy - Idra
Finance Minister - Victorious
Mines Minister - Thorn
Internal Affairs Minister - Willow
General - Aingeal
Judge - Logo
Public Prosecutor - Thoughtless
People's Representative - Aishe

Goals As People's Representative:

1) Informed & Up To Date -
Always keep the creatures of Bravia well informed of events, celebrations, polls, games, trails, and Council decisions. Awareness if key!

2) Concerns -
Keeping the Council informed of the concerns of Bravians. (I.e. Item shortage, trails, laws, ect)

3) Activity -
Evoke more activity in forums, polls, and games across Bravia.

4) Hunts -
Start (weekly) Yvyrm hunts throughout Bravia. Down with those pesks!

5) Duels -
Start a Viceroyalty wide Dueling Championship. Perhaps even create a VR wide Dueling Group with the General, similar to what Bravia City has. (If there is already a dueling club VR wide, apologies. If that's the case, I plan on spreading awareness of it. :P)
Thank you from Council VXI -
For all who voted (be it Motley Alliance or Power to the People), thank you for your vote. No matter what you may think, every vote really does count. You helped determined this outcome and I hope we, Council VXI, can show you that you made the right choice.

I look forward to being the People's Representative this term. If any creature has any concerns, comments, or questions, don't hesitate to ask. Both my mailbox and Office are always open to everyone.

- Aishe -
People's Representative
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

A new mini-game has been added! It goes active at reset, June 21st. Participate by going to the Castle!
[InGame: Viceroyalty -> Castle -> Mini-Games]

All towns start with 32 of Bravian's famed, fresh strawberries. Goal of the game: Take strawberries from other towns and give them to your town. You can st-- I mean borrow! a strawberry from one town every twelve hours. The town with all 96 strawberries wins!

Does your town have big enough buckets to gather all 96 strawberries? Or will your town fall victim to the strawberry-napping neighbors?

Happy borrowing!

- Aishe -
People's Representative
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
[Art | Historian ]
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Slightly confused and embarrassed, Aishe posts up a little note on in her Office window regarding the Mini-Game.
Fellow Bravians -

It seems there is a temporary problem with the Mini-Game. I apologize, but hopefully things will be up and running soon! Keep your buckets in hand and I'll announce when the Fresh Strawberry-Napping can officially begin.

Thank you!

- Aishe -
People's Representative
[Art | Historian ]
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Bouncing with excitement, Aishe takes off the previously posted notice and replaces it with a new one.
Fellow Bravians -

Grab your buckets and put on your sneaking caps! The Fresh Strawberry game is now live at the Castle! All are welcomed to participate in achieving their town's glory and gold! (Well, glory that is.)

Merry borrowing!

- Aishe -
People's Representative
[Art | Historian ]