Imperius Dueling League Information

Moderator: Community Team

Auron

Imperius Dueling League Information

Post by Auron »

Update
I believe a Weaponmaster has been arranged. At this stage I am organizing the facilities for the dueling, then we may begin! (I am asking the mages if we can get a sub-forum on the Imperius forum, for the Dueling League)
Hello everyone,

Town Mentor Morghain has informed me that people have began asking about the dueling league. Below I will explain how the league will work. I am also seeking applications for the position of Imperius Weaponmaster, who will be in charge of managing the league.
Imperius Dueling League
(Everything will happen on the forum, except the IG duels themselves. Where it is said something will be public, it will be done in a designated forum topic. It's up to participants if they want to roleplay duels on the forum or simply duel IG and climb the ranks)

Procedure
  • All Duels will be held in Imperius.
  • All Duels will be held until severe injury.
  • Only citizens of Imperius may join the league. People from other towns can participate in exhibition matches, organised the same way as normal duels, through the Weaponmaster. Exhibition matches do not count towards ranking.
  • Individuals will apply to join categories within each of the Leagues and will await approval and registration from the Weaponmaster. Citizens should apply to join a league which matches their abilities. The Weaponmaster has the power to forcefully move members from one league to another. The Leagues are as follows:

Novice
    Expert
    Master
  • There will be 5 categories within Novice, Expert and Master Leagues, each with their own ranking:

Dagger: Butcher Knives must be used
    Sword: Plain Swords must be used
    Staff: Plain Staffs must be used
    Axe: Plain Axes must be used
    Hand to Hand: Nothing can be used!

Weapons in Dagger, Sword, Staff and Axe categories can be different, if the challenger offers to use a different weapon in his challenge, and the other member accepts that. If he will not accept that weapon the two will duel with the default weapons listed, or wont duel if the member refuses, in which case the rules apply as normal.

Armour of any kind may be used in all categories except Hand to Hand - No Weapons or Armour (You cannot wear any equipment, at all, in game) will be allowed in this category - brute force will be observed. (This is a good option for budget-friendly citizens)
  • Challenges will be made publicly between members registered in the same category within the same league. If challenged by someone of higher rank, registered within the same category and league, a member may refuse the duel without penalty. If challenged by someone of lower or equal rank, refusal to duel will result in a loss of 2 points.
  • Ranking will be based on a points scale of between 0-30 points. Members will start with 0 points and cannot go below 0 points. A win will award 1 point and a loss will lose 1 point. If two (or more) members are equal on 30 points, the member who has held the rank longest will be obliged to challenge the other member to a duel. Points are awarded in each weapon category within Novice, Expert and Master Leagues.
  • Members must be fully healthy to participate in any duel (3 hearts. Your loss if you neglect this!). If they are not fully healthy, they will refuse to duel, without penalty.
  • The Imperius Weaponmaster is the acknowledged Master of Dueling in Imperius. They will keep public record of all Dueling League members, duels and results. They will also manage ranks, including the power to remove points at their discretion if they believe a member has used illegal equipment. If a member is exceeding or not doing very well in a particular league, the Weaponmaster may move that member to a different league at their discretion. The Weaponmaster will be assigned by the Mayor. A challenger who defeats the Weaponmaster in every category of duel, which can only be refused for health reasons, may take over the position of Weaponmaster. The Mayor may intervene but it is recommended that they do not, provided the role is being done properly.
Last edited by Auron on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Anabella

Re: Imperius Dueling League Information

Post by Anabella »

Anabella approches Mayor and Lord Auron

''Excuse-me my Lord, as you may know or not all my family perished'' she says a bit sadness and take a deep breath and pursuit "For now all I wish is to be able to defend myself and loved ones."

Anabella doesnt know this Lord Auron much, however she felt like sharing some concerns. "I have a few concerns... maybe you can put them at ease?" she lean toward the mayor's ear and whispered fearing someone could hear.

"whispering whispering whispering (sending a private mail)" she looks at him hoping he would understand her point of view leading to her concerns.

"Sorry my lord, may i add also that it would... to my knowlegde... helps the people to stay in armors... of course that would be nice for the local economy, however some chosen ways helps some stats. If the people are armed (not talking weapon itself) and suited, the battles will be a bit longer, however if I did read properly in one of my books... more chances of getting surges through our blades (+1% in your weapon stats). " she then stop abruptly realising she may give the poor man a headache with all her talking.

Anabella looks up and wait to know what the Lord had to say.
Auron

Post by Auron »

Auron listens to Anabella whispering to him and then speaking about wearing armour. When she is finished he looks up at her and takes a moment to think before nodding in agreement.

This does make sense. Let me make some modifications to the information to fix this. Auron makes some adjustments on the information.

Does this look better? I agree with your first point. Regarding armour, my thought was that it would be cheaper for people to not have to use armour. This is also why I have included the cheapest weapon in each category, such as butcher knives. I have changed the information so that each category except for Hand to Hand can use armour of any kind, but Hand to Hand must not. Does this sound better?
Anabella

Post by Anabella »

Anabella smiles and happy listen to changes.

she opens her mouth to say something but refreins from "..." she tought he had a good plan but she didnt want Lord Auron to forget maybe something, or herself misunderstanding a rule. She had her book handy to take notes of what he was saying.

"So let says I want to enter in shaft contest and I only have a good one no basic.. I wont be able to go? I only have a stone axe as i had few basic ones but sold them already.. none are again on our market..." she was so excited for the dueling but feared to be able only to watch the event from the side line.

"I got a butcher knife" and grins at him. "Also are jewleries, belts... considered armors?" eager to participate and eager to learn anabella had to remember to let the dear man time to answer before bombarding him of questions....
Auron

Post by Auron »

Anabella's questions were interesting for Auron, because as he was finding as he planned and discussed the League with more people, people were making him realise things he had not thought of, or perhaps realise that he needed to make a change in the information.

You would need to purchase a plain staff in this example. The idea of these items being needed is that participants will have to spend as least freznics as possible, if they want to participate. No items whatsoever can be worn in Hand to Hand, except simple combat clothing (not wearing anything means you will wear rags IG). I will change the information to make this more clear.

Regarding axes, thank you for pointing this out. I will try to keep at least one axe on the market from now on.
Anabella

Post by Anabella »

Anabella took few notes and curtsie.

"Thank you my Lord!" as she walks away still trying to find a carpenter shop or the mentors office.
datron

Post by datron »

I will make and sell quarterstaves to anyone that wishes to participate in the staffs part this would bee a better weapon in my opinion for the competition and also better for defense of the town when defending.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Datron, good to see you taking part in the conversation. However, please take note of the reasoning for the use of plain staves. It is expected that many staves will get broken during the duels so it would be unfair to expect people to use their good weapons. If people wish to use quarter staves while defending, they'll be sure to head your way.
datron

Post by datron »

Morghain I am offering to make quarterstaves at the price of plain staves only person losing here is me in costs not the people.
Last edited by datron on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Ah! I beg your pardon. Seems squalling children and too many knocks on the head have made me hard of hearing.