Nocturne has been elected as Mayor of Bravia
Reported on Mar 28, 1655 4:00 am

Final Results:
Nocturne (73.33%)
Aishe (26.67%)

From the Desk of the Mayor
[UPDATED - March 28, 1655]

~ Fellow Bravians ~

Welcome to the town of Bravia, the strawberry capital of the world! Whether you are visiting or you live here, we hope you enjoy your time in our fine town. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to mail the Mayor, Nocturne, or the Mentor, Tolin.

VISITORS & NEW PLAYERS
Why don’t you come introduce yourself to the town and let them know your presence? Here is a Welcome thread, located on the Bravia City forum:
http://secfenia.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5033

- Table of Contents -
** Wood Cutting in Staunchville **
*** Town Council ***
1) Levelling Up (fields + professions needed) *
2) Second Field
3) Orchard
4) Need Supplies?
5) Dueling Club *
6) Temple
7) Social Points *
8) Helping Out

(* = Important)

** ATTENTION - WOOD CUTTING IN STAUNCHVILLE **
If anyone feels the need to travel, I suggest going to Staunchville to chop wood! The entirety of Bravia is suffering from a wood shortage, including Bravia City. People willing to chop wood for Bravia City, please contact me and we can arrange something!

*** TOWN COUNCIL ***
We are looking for people who are interested in being a part of the Town Council. The Town Council has been inactive for some time, but we hope to get it rolling again. Message me (Nocturne) for details.

1) LEVELING UP?
Congratulations on being able to Level up!! There are some things in town that are needed and not needed, when it comes to both fields and professions. These are recommendations on what one should pick based on the town’s statistics and Market, but the final choice is always up to you. The recommendations change, depending on the town’s needs, so it’s always a good idea to check this before you level!
FIELD(S): CORN, CHICKEN
PROFESSION(S): MILLER

2) SECOND FIELD
Congratulations on saving the money up for that second field! Like above with the leveling, it is smart to keep an eye on the field recommendations before making your final choice - but it is always up to you.

3) ORCHARD
We have a beautiful Orchard and yet little to no strawberries on the Market! If you decide you need a change of scenery from those fields or the University, don’t hesitate to go pick some fruit! Not only are they delicious, they could make you some good money. If you need aid with a bucket or crate, let us know!

4) NEED SUPPLIES?
If you need supplies to produce a craft that you do not see available on the Market, send me a message and we can see what we can arrange!

5) DUELING CLUB *
After training and you reach 75%, you have to battle to reach higher proficiency. To help our citizens achieve this, a dueling club had once been created. We would like to reactivate it. If you are interested, mail Aishe.

6) TEMPLE
Help support our local Temple! Donations towards the Temple will be used to help the people of Bravia City, such as healing, along with upgrading the Temple to further help the town! For any questions, comments, concerns, message our Priest, Alexandria.

7) SOCIAL POINTS *
Do you have spare social points? Help spread the points to those who need them! PM Tolin, our town Mentor, or keep an eye on the Town Forum, to get those names for those in need of points.
Link to “Need Social Points?” thread:
http://secfenia.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2002
Link to Mentor’s Office:
CURRENT LIST [people who need to reach 50 SP to Level Up] is visible via those forums!

8) HELPING
Want to help the town out? Send me a PM to find out the many possibilities, if you don't know what is needed!

Any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to send me a message.

Nocturne Shadowborne
Bravia City
Ambrosia

Re: Mayor's Office

Post by Ambrosia »

~ Fellow Bravians ~

Welcome to the town of Bravia, the strawberry capital of the world! Whether you are visiting or you live here, we hope you enjoy your time in our fine town. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to mail the Mayor, Ambrosia, or the Mentor, Tolin.

VISITORS & NEW PLAYERS
Why don’t you come introduce yourself to the town and let them know your presence? Here is a Welcome thread, located on the Bravia City forum:

- Table of Contents -
** Wood Cutting in Staunchville **
*** Town Council ***
1) Leveling Up (fields + professions needed) *
2) Second Field
3) Orchard
4) Need Supplies?
5) Dueling Club *
6) Temple
7) Social Points *
8) Helping Out

(* = Important)

** ATTENTION - WOOD CUTTING IN STAUNCHVILLE **
If anyone feels the need to travel, I suggest going to Staunchville to chop wood! The entirety of Bravia is suffering from a wood shortage, including Bravia City. People willing to chop wood for Bravia City, please contact me and we can arrange something!

*** TOWN COUNCIL ***
We are looking for people who are interested in being a part of the Town Council. The Town Council has been inactive for some time, but we hope to get it rolling again. Message me (Ambrosia) for details.

1) LEVELING UP?
Congratulations on being able to Level up!! There are some things in town that are needed and not needed, when it comes to both fields and professions. These are recommendations on what one should pick based on the town’s statistics and Market, but the final choice is always up to you. The recommendations change, depending on the town’s needs, so it’s always a good idea to check this before you level!
PROFESSION(S): MILLER

2) SECOND FIELD
Congratulations on saving the money up for that second field! Like above with the leveling, it is smart to keep an eye on the field recommendations before making your final choice - but it is always up to you.

3) ORCHARD
We have a beautiful Orchard and yet little to no strawberries on the Market! If you decide you need a change of scenery from those fields or the University, don’t hesitate to go pick some fruit! Not only are they delicious, they could make you some good money. If you need aid with a bucket or crate, let us know!

4) NEED SUPPLIES?
If you need supplies to produce a craft that you do not see available on the Market, send me a message and we can see what we can arrange!

5) DUELING CLUB *
After training and you reach 75%, you have to battle to reach higher proficiency. To help our citizens achieve this, a dueling club had once been created. We would like to reactivate it. If you are interested, mail Aishe.

6) TEMPLE
Help support our local Temple! Donations towards the Temple will be used to help the people of Bravia City, such as healing, along with upgrading the Temple to further help the town! For any questions, comments, concerns, message our Priest, Alexandria.

7) SOCIAL POINTS *
Do you have spare social points? Help spread the points to those who need them! PM Tolin, our town Mentor, or keep an eye on the Town Forum, to get those names for those in need of points.
Link to “Need Social Points?” thread:
http://secfenia.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2002
Link to Mentor’s Office:
CURRENT LIST [people who need to reach 50 SP to Level Up] is visible via those forums!

8) HELPING
Want to help the town out? Send me a PM to find out the many possibilities, if you don't know what is needed!

Any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to send me a message.

Ambrosia (Ambra)
Bravia City
Sister to Dahlia, Zuan, Zhou, & Serafina. RIP Razen & Cara (Trinity)
Great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of Rannek
TY Aishe for the banner!
Ramzunius

Post by Ramzunius »

Ramzunius entered and looked around. Nobody here. Elections? Yes, he chosen right time to be washed to this city...

After some consideration he took some paper and left short note.
Dear Ambrosia and Rannek Minty of honorable Shadowborns!

As new citizen of Bravia I'm searching ways to became useful and valuable for republic where I found hospitable shelter.

My special field of interest is mysterious, artistic, a-bit-steam-punky and highly beneficial cartography art, I have mastered few years ago.

Do not hesitate take a look at one of modest examples, which I'm attaching to my letter as addendum.

I'm asking for permission to conduct a cartography practice here at Bravia city, marking on the map not only the terrain and lanscape of the surroundings, but the property of our citizen too.

I need to do some preparations, partially related to the fine mechanic of cartography mashines. Also I need to know, if there are some older maps of the city. May be, You can describe me the relief and places of special interest? I would be happy to denote all things You can list and recount.

Map of the whole Bravia gives me some idea about main roads and city surroundings: forest to the east and hills southwest. Map shows no river at our city, but I'm pretty sure, that we have some confluent of main river exactly here (can't imagine another reason to have a capital right in the middle of the continent...).

I'm ready to serve,

Ramzunius Dark Miller
with deep respect
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

The shadow coughs slightly as it slips under the door, finding the office dusty from disuse, and muses to himself, "My, it has been quite a while. But vacation is good they say, helps soothe the mind and amplify the spirit." Nodding absently to himself, a wave of shadows seems to cross the room, restoring the shine by way of devouring dust, "Sufficient," he murmured, analyzing the age of the dust, "About three years. Roasted well, like Ambra's cooking." He sighed softly, and made note to write to her; it had been a long time, after all. Taking a seat, he figured he would wait for the new mayor out of sheer boredom while his mission was continuing.
TwoB

Post by TwoB »

Two B thanked the tax man for his hard work. He had fallen asleep in his chair snoring for quite a bit. Heading back to her office, she opened the door up. Seeing someone in the office, she paused for a second. "Hello, there. Welcome to the office. I wasn't expecting anyone in here, but please make yourself comfortable. How can I help you," she asked as she sat down on the desk.
A binary proposition is much easier to deal with than the minute spectrum of color
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

"Figured I'd clean up my old office and see how often it got tended, and if you needed any help with things. Or had random things to eat about. Sadly, aged dust doesn't taste as good as you might imagine." He chuckled softly, motioning to the desk. "You were looking for these, I think," he said, showing the old logs and lists of recipes and cost analyses.
TwoB

Post by TwoB »

Two B blew off some of the dust. "It has been a very busy time trying to clean up and get things going here. You were a previous mayor. Can you explain to me why the tax collector has been getting paid to play cards and sleep? I really am confused about this. I know yourself and Wyllow were very upset that he got to do his job," she asked as she found some corn from her field offering it to the being in the seat. "Oh, thank you very much for these. I have been wanting them so I can get some items on the market. Has the town always been this quiet? I went into town council chambers and found so much dust. I'm not even sure who the Town Council should be comprised of at this point," she stated.

Pulled some piles of papers out of a drawer and read through them. "I got some traders buying and selling. Logo and Aingeal. Did you have others that stopped in? Maybe we can get some stuff like fish and the like," she said.
A binary proposition is much easier to deal with than the minute spectrum of color
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

"You call me giving you the pittance 7F being upset? Interesting. Yet it's simple. We don't pay a tax collector, because we don't tax the citizens, and the town's funds were overflowing as I showed you here in the records. Quite a boring and unfulfilling method, I'd say, frankly, to tax people when else those funds could be stimulating the economy.

And if you've let some of those hobo peasants in to play cards and sleep in the mayor's office...much less pass off stories that they're getting paid as tax collectors, well, that's just a pity," he grinned. "You told me your goals were to help the people of Bravia with your taxes, and you've enlisted outside traders when you have several traders in our nation you could've asked. Just to point out one silliness of the method, mind you. I like Logo and Aingeal, but that doesn't change the fact that taxes 'for the people of Bravia' were just given to those who don't reside within her borders. Perhaps you should invite them to move in...that might be grand, actually, if they did."

Or perhaps he was just thinking of the simplicity of duels that way. Who knew what the chaotic mind might've been up to this time. He then seemed to remember the other question, "For fish, usually you can contact the mayor of Paz or the Finance Minister. Trading across with them is fairly simple. They need strawberries, we need fish. It makes a 1:1 trade very efficient between the two towns. And no, the demons of apathy are rather large, such I welcome a new hand giving it a try. I obviously scare away too many others when I do things. But my knowledge is available as needed."
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Things are smooth. The treasury filled, the supplies restored, trade with the VR continued and grants worked on...but it was time.

The strain of remaining in the world longer was starting to cause flickering of the beast, as if reality itself were trying to part and draw h outside of it. He hid a note in a shadow of the mayor's office for any sensitives that might find it in the future and not have the nether guard bite off a hand.
TwoB

Post by TwoB »

TwoB walks in a places a blindfold on the desk.