visit with dwayberry

Moderator: Community Team

TheGardener

visit with dwayberry

Post by TheGardener »

amanda looked out of the carriage as it was strolling through the roads between bravia and fenia. being an ambassador had afforded her the benefit of travel between bravia and fenia. she had enjoyed it seeing the different plants across the two areas. but this trip wasn't about plants. she had heard the rumor that dwayberry had been seen again and she had to find out if it was the same. she drifted slowly hearing the soft rhythm of the carriage. before she knew it, she woke up with a gentle poke from the carriage owner. she thanked him and stepped out of it.

taking the directions she walked out towards what she thought was the right direction. it had been a while since she roamed the city of fenia. getting directions from a few of the people there, she found herself at the address that was dwayberry's. she knocked on the door hoping that she was home. she also had a little present for her if she was.
Dwayberry

Re: visit with dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Dwayberry had been working on her vegetable field all morning, removing snow from the earth in order to plant potatoes. It had left her with a nice heap of snow next to the house, perfect to be melted indoors to water, or to make snowballs for a bit of fun.
She was just warming her washed hands near the fire when someone knocked on her door.

She wondered who it could be. She visited the tavern frequently, but hadn't received anyone at her humble home so far.
Opening the door, she stared into the face of a woman and it took her a few seconds before she remembered.
"Amanda?"
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

amanda smiled glad to see that she was remembered. it had been a long time since she had seen the "queen of the strawberries". it was so long ago that dwayberry had gotten that nick name from the time picking all the strawberries. a very pleasant time in the good, old days of bravia. a time where the community spirit was much stronger and transparency wasn't just a word thrown around to get votes.

"dwayberry! it's so good to see you"

amanda runs up and tries to give her a hug.

"where have you been hiding yourself?"
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Dwayberry hugged Amanda. It had been a long time since she had this sort of physical contact with others. It felt a bit strange still, but good.
When Amanda asked about her whereabouts, she gave the same vague answer as always.

"Been travelling a lot, and then spent some time at a healer. A little accident on a forest road, tripped over a tree root, bit of memory loss. But everything's fine again, everything's fine."

She smiled and looked Amanda up and down.

"You look great. How have you been?", she changed the subject. "Come inside. My house is small but at least it's warm."
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

amanda was very happy. felt so good to be hugged by such a good friend from the past who came back into her life. it wasn't often she could make such a statement. she wondered if maybe this was the start of a very good trend in her life.

"travel... i can understand that. i have been doing tons of that. i had for a long while a medium boat that i used to sail the seas taking in the sights of the different towns of bravia, fenia, and kiene. but tripped over a tree root... that must have been such a pain. i am glad to see you healed up a little."

amanda felt a little chill outside. it felt a little bit more real this year than last. maybe it was the snow. maybe it was just the warmth from someone else. she didn't quite know, but it was nice all the same.

"thank you. i'd like that very much."

she followed dwayberry as she looked forward to seeing inside the home. it did remind her of how her home was mostly garden. this wasn't the biggest time of the year for her garden and a good time to travel away.
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Dwayberry let Amanda inside her small home and pointed at one of the two chairs near the table.

"Sit down. I'll make some tea." She proceeded to heat water over the fire. "I have some chicken, in case you'd like to eat something."

While she waited for the water to heat up, she sat down on the other chair herself.

"You have travelled to? In a boat? That sounds like fun. I have only ever travelled over land. I bet sailing goes a lot faster."
She smiled.
"How are things in Bravia?"
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

amanda smiles entering into the home. seeing the chair, she walked over to it sitting down quietly.

"some tea sounds good and maybe a little snack if it isn't too much of an issue."

she watched as dwayberry sat down. amanda looked her over and could see she looked in good health and spirits.

"i've been in both a small and medium boat. the water can be fun to travel on, but confusing if you don't have a general idea of where things are. seafaring isn't for those who get lost in a grant bag. it's beautiful though to feel the air going through your hair in the middle of a peaceful water way."

amanda smiled remembering with pleasure her journey. the sun kissing her skin and letting her mind go completely free and clear. there was nothing quite like it... except maybe when she was in her garden.

"bravia... that's a loaded question. the government is corrupt and it seems that you need to be in a certain clique."
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

"Not at all." Dwayberry got up to get two chicken legs, which she placed on a plate on the table. She then poored hot water over tea leaves in two cups. Again, she felt grateful a couple of old friends had helped her get a house and basic inventory together so quickly.

She sat down and placed a cup in front of Amanda while listening to her. Dwayberry had recently bought a small boat herself and going on to the big lake close to Fenia had already been challenging for her. Once she had overcome her initial fear, however, she had found herself to be strangely talented at fishing. But the idea of going out on the open ocean was frightening. Though she managed to smile at Amanda.

"Maybe I will try that some time."

She frowned upon hearing of Bravia's corrupt government.

"Did things ever improve again after that mayor left... Xavier?"
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

amanda smiled at the thought of her friend trying it out. it was an experience that she would gladly do again. Looking over the cup, she brought it to her lips. enjoying the scent of the tea below, she felt at east. it was nice to be able to see her again. very nice.

"if i go again, maybe i can take you on the boat with me. you might enjoy it. although being at sea at first can be a little fearful when begun."

she sipped a little bit more and watched as her friend frowned a little about the government. there had been more than a few frowns at things happening there. the recent joke about laws not being updated was just one of several things that made her frown.

"bravia struggled quite a bit, but we did finally get some of the financial issues taken care of. then, people got lax and comfortable. i'm really hoping that aishe, the new mayor, will help turn things around quite a bit. i've offered my advice to her if she wants it"
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

"I suppose it can be.", Dwayberry said, and she wondered what kind of excuse she could come up with when Amanda would ask her.

She listened to Amanda talk about Bravia. She wasn't sure why she cared. She had tried to be a good and innocent person, she really had. But it had gotten her nothing. A mayor she trusted had lied, even to her. She hadn't had the means to revenge him, and a good friend had died. And after that things had only gotten worse.
Still, she still cared for Amanda and felt concerned for her, and even for the home town they once shared.

"Aishe... I don't think I know her. I hope she is to be trusted.", she attempted a lighthearted smile. "Who knows... she could get a bit of trade going. I missed the taste of sweet strawberries."