[ORP]A Home in the Country

Moderator: Community Team

Aingeal

[ORP]A Home in the Country

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal closed the book, a satisfied smile upon her face. Finally, all the books are done, Aing said out loud. She finally completed all seven books of the Army, and could finally leave the university. Putting the book back on the shelf Aingeal headed out towards home.

Entering the house, Aingeal noticed how quiet it was tonite. Sighing softly to herself, she went to the kitchen to find a bite to eat. Sitting at the table she wondered where Jacob was. No need to wonder, you know he's with Victorious, she thought to herself. Sighing again, she picked up her drink. She knew that Jacob was helping Victorious cope with an energy issue with the babies, but she felt there was more going on. She also had been told of a connection between the two of them, and Aingeal wasn't sure she could handle all that.

Picking up her glass and plate she sat them in the sink and looked out over the cow field. This set of cows took a lot of work, and she put on her heavy coat to head out on the field. While she was heading out she thought more about Jacob. He had told her he was going to be the babies adopted father, which in turn would put him spending a lot of time with them.... and with her. Aingeal didn't know what she was going to do yet. Pulling the sacks of wheat out for the cows she drug them over, doing her chores for the day.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
JacobSinopa

Re: [ORP]A Home in the Country

Post by JacobSinopa »

Jacob was quiet when he came home, he hadn't been her often the last few weeks, now he felt bad for it, he knew he would have to stay home a lot more now that the babies had been born. Jacob wished things could be easy for him and Aingeal, at least she hadn't outright left him over the whole matter, this meant they could still work things out and he was going to do his best. Jacob entered into the house quietly, Jacob put his things away and seeing the dishes in the sink, he washed, dried and put them away.

Jacob was nervous, he knew Aingeal was still mad at him, and upset about the connection he now had with Victorious and that he was going to be a father. Neither had really talked to each other about it, he more or less had just dictated how it'd be at the time. Nothing had been hidden from her, but he hadn't really given her time to respond, he just rode over her, she had every right to be mad at him for these things. It had been a long time since Jacob had worked with Aingeal and he knew she was probably doing her chores, so he went to find her and help her, which he did. Jacob was afraid to speak, so he just silently helped her, wishing he knew what to do next to save their relationship, for he really did love her very much.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal was feeding the cows, when she felt the presence of another. Turning her head slightly, she saw Jacob approaching. Moving to the oposite side of the pen, Aingeal allowed him to help her with the chores, but not a word was spoken between the pair. Aingeal didn't know what to say. On one hand she was glad Jacob was home, she had missed him terribly. But on the other she wanted to strangle him for all the hell she was being put through because of Victorious and the babies.

As she was lost in thought, one of the cows turned quickly and knocked Aingeal to the ground. Scrambling quickly to her feet, she realized she was now covered in mud. Shaking her head she continued on her chores, before heading up to the house. Sitting on the porch she pulled off one boot, then the other, making sure to pull the sheath out of the second boot that contained her dagger.

Getting ready to head inside to wash up, she saw Jacob making his way to the house. Still hurt she called out to him, Finally remember where home is? she said icily. Regretting the harsh words as soon as they left her mouth, Aing ran inside the house to the kitchen, putting on a pot of water to heat, tears beginning to prick at her eyelids.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Jacob would have rather had her strangle him, at least then he'd know how she felt more then these words she threw at him from time to him, they stung like a bee to him and he hated himself for it. She was right to be angry, he reminded himself of this, he went out to his shop for a few items and came back, he stood in the doorway, watching her, his mind quietly thinking of her. There was no way she could know his thoughts, how he disliked being apart from her, how he'd thought of her everyday while he'd been gone, that he still loved her and only her.

Jacob was holding a small tool box which he walked over to and sat on a table, his footsteps being the loudest sound in the room at the moment until at last he spoke first. I had not forgotten where my home is. Jacob could tell she was near to tears, he had made them, she was hurt because of him, he was sorry he'd hurt her. They had talked only a little, he wondered if saying he was sorry for about the hundredth time would help anything, but he supposed not and grabbed a towel instead, offering it to her.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Pouring the steaming water in the basin, Aingeal realized that Jacob hadn't come inside with her. Picking up a bar of soap, Aingeal washed up, getting all the dirt off her face and arms. Aingeal wondered for a fleeting moment if Jacob had decided to leave, her heart dropped a little bit. She scrubbed at her arms vigorously until she realized they were starting to hurt.

She then heard footsteps behind her, she shoulders stiffening at the sound. "I had not forgotten where my home is," she heard him say. She whipped her head around, the tears still threatening to overspill her lashes. Through blurry eyes she could see him offering her a towel, and she took it silently, wiping first her eyes, then drying her face and arms. Picking up a ribbon and tying her hair back, she hung the towel on the back of the chair than looked at Jacob.

She still was unsure what to say to him, most everything coming out of her mouth being hurtful words. She didn't trust herself to speak much at the moment; him being home having thrown her for a loop. She looks up at him and whispered softly, Are you hungry or have you already eaten? Aingeal figured perhaps sharing a meal would calm her tongue, and give them the chance to talk.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Somethings never change, maybe for the two of them it was a good thing, for Jacob did not require food, but whenever he'd been around Aingeal, he'd always eaten with her. Jacob said, I would like it if we shared a meal together. His voice was calm and soft, his steel blue eyes looking at hers, she tied her hair back, he liked this she was always doing something with her hair. Quietly he moved his things from the table to a counter where they would not be in the way, he was not in a mood for talking, what he wanted was for her to talk instead.

Even if she was angry at him, he'd rather face her wrath and indignation to him, then to have her snipe at him or not say anything at all. Jacob realized she wasn't going to talk without some encouragement, so he took a risk and decided to see what might happen if he did. Aingeal, speak freely, whatever you feel, whatever you have to say. I will listen. This time would be different, this time he wouldn't take her for granted, he wouldn't just run over her, if she ever truly gave him a chance, Jacob knew for him things would be a lot different. Jacob didn't just wish for a second chance with her, he nearly willed it with his entire being, if it meant going to the ends of Secfenia for Aingeal he would do so.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal went to the cupboard to pull out a few things to throw a quick meal together. Pulling a couple of steaks out that she had just butchered this morning, she put them on the stove to cook. Cooking Jacob's rare, and hers medium, she put the food on the table and pulled out her chair.

"Aingeal, speak freely, whatever you feel, whatever you have to say. I will listen," she heard Jacob say. Her green eyes beginning to spark slightly, she leveled a look at Jacob. What would you like me to say? she said coolly. You have been away more than you've been home, I have people telling me that your being kissed in the tavern, Aingeal said, sighing heavily. What am I supposed to think?

Aingeal stood and paced back and forth slightly. Then there is the whole thing with the connection, and everything. I never knew any such thing ever existed other than when you've shared your thoughts with me. I didn't even know it could go deeper than that, and now I guess I'll never know, because I will never have that privilege.. she broke off taking a breath.

She finally turned back to him, tears glistening in her eyes. Now your going to be a father to Victorious' babies, and where do I fit in? Something like that should be shared between you and me.... together... not you with someone else... Aingeal breaks off, a half sob in her chest. I don't want to be on the outside looking in... and that's how I have felt the last few weeks... Aingeal slumped into her chair, pushing the food around her plate, her appetite disappearing. Jacob wanted to hear her feelings, and this was only the beginning.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Now at last she was talking to him, expressing herself, it revealed to Jacob just how messy this whole thing was and continued to serve as a reminder of how deeply he'd wounded her. She was right of course about the connection, he should have shared it with her, but he hadn't quite known the connection was going to happen with Victorious, he had only thought that he was opening his mind to her in order to help her continue to carry the babies safely to term. Jacob had shared this, he could repeat himself, he would not do so, whatever he said he didn't want it to sound like a justification of his actions.

Jacob slowly ate his food, Aingeal was a good cook, he missed her cooking, had missed her nearness too, he was very quiet for a long time before he spoke. For the things of which she spoke they had already spoken of in the tavern, now was not the time to place blame on others, or to justify his actions or to even act defensive even though he felt like doing so. In all he'd done he'd been wrong, it was no wonder she felt the way she did, he had treated her like an outsider, partly because he hadn't thought things through and partly because he felt shut out, not understand why she'd secluded herself for so long. I have not treated you as I should, I am deeply sorry for that, for I was wrong to do it. I was wrong not to truly include you in this decision, and wrong not to do enough to stop some of the things that went on in tavern. I was wrong not to come home sooner........

Jacob could not change the past or his past actions, he looked at her with his eyes, he wished that he'd never hurt her like this. Jacob said in order to affirm her feelings, I do not fault you for feeling this way...you warned me to be careful of how you were treated. I failed in heeding those words, and as much as I love you, our relationship now rests with you at this moment. I have acknowledge and repented of my wrongs against you, and I have the will to do right if given the chance. For indeed it did rest with her, it rested on both of them, for for the moment her decision held in it the power to make or break their relationship. It was no use on Jacob's part to address every little thing that had transpired rather it was a point to move forward but only Aingeal would could decide if it should or not and so he waited with quiet trepidation for her verdict of the moment.

In his heart of hearts he loved her, Jacob did not wish to loose her, he let his eyes pierce hers, searching her heart to see if he'd wounded her beyond love. One of those rare moments he tried to see into her mind without actually doing so, but he opened his mind up to her without actually reaching into hers. He wanted her to see that if she allowed him a second chance, she wouldn't be an outsider, he would make her inclusive and he would offer her much more respect and love then had before. His beating heard nearly burst from his chest waiting for her response, waiting for her final word on the matter.

Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

"I have not treated you as I should, I am deeply sorry for that, for I was wrong to do it. I was wrong not to truly include you in this decision, and wrong not to do enough to stop some of the things that went on in tavern. I was wrong not to come home sooner........ " she heard him say, only being able to nod in agreement with him. It wasn't that she always needed Jacob by her side, but for him to be gone days on end, then kissing someone else in the tavern, it was just too much for Aingeal. Had the roles been reversed, would he have felt the same as she did now?

"I do not fault you for feeling this way...you warned me to be careful of how you were treated. I failed in heeding those words, and as much as I love you, our relationship now rests with you at this moment. I have acknowledge and repented of my wrongs against you, and I have the will to do right if given the chance," Jacob told her. Aingeal remembered telling him of the past, how she was expected to share the King with the harem, and deep down she was never ok with that. She promised herself back then she would never settle for being second best for anyone.

She could feel him at the outskirts of her mind, realizing he was allowing her to see into his mind too. She let her guard down, letting him see and feel her feelings if he wished. The hurt was still fresh, the doubts still lingering. Aingeal went over and laid a hand on Jacob's shoulder. Jacob I'm trying, I really am... she started, coming around to look at him. It's not easy for me, and I still don't understand everything. She took a seat back in her chair. I do love you, and I want to give us another chance... she told him, pushing the veggies around her plate. But we are going to be back at the beginning, and we will have to work to get to where we were, she told him. Hopefully he would be okay with this, otherwise he could easily walk out the door.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Aingeals answer was real and honest, he could have seen her if he wanted to, but he stayed out, because of what transpired and his upbringing he would not know her mind unless she invited him to do so. For Jacob Aingeal still held the part that really mattered, his heart and his love, his mind he now shared with another, an action he could not reverse and they both knew it. How relived he was when she placed a hand upon his shoulder before retaking her seat, her affection, even in touching him, it meant much more then words she could ever speak to him.

Jacob wanted to nearly cry with joy, she affirmed her decision in giving them and him a second chance, and not only did he want this. Jacob wanted her to be truly included, but he knew for the babies it would take time, his attention would now be shared by them too. Jacob realized he'd have to go the extra mile to show Aingeal that while she may have to share him, she alone would hold his heart and the things that truly mattered. Jacob finished his meal, then got up from his seat and went to hug her, he let her see just how grateful he was for her to have given him a second chance, to not just toss him aside and if the roles had been reversed, he would have done the same, but he knew truthfully he'd have felt the same too. For them to succeed, they had to not only communicate but to be open and honest with each other and Jacob aspired to do this, most mortals live without the connection. They often had good married lives and romantic relationships for years on end, he would do everything he could to make it happen for him and Aingeal too.

Jacob spoke looking into Aingeals eyes, Thank you, I love you very much...