[CRP] Beyond Grace

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Aishe

[CRP] Beyond Grace

Post by Aishe »

For those who haven't followed us since the beginning, but is interested in reading it all, here are the RPs we've done, in order. (We write like a story, each individual RP a chapter in a bigger plot of our characters' lives. None of our RPs are random, they are all connected and planned to fit said plot. We make it so it's fairly easy to jump in and read at any time, but like any story, it makes the most sense from the beginning.)
Pasts Forgotten, Lives Remembered ("A RP")
Just Like Breathing... ("B RP")
Conception's Captivity ("C RP")
Damsel in Distress ("D RP")
Eternal Struggle ("E RP")
Forsaken Soul ("F RP")

Present Day: January 2nd, 1652

Aishe's fingers trailed along one of the many drawings that littered the kitchen table. There were a fair amount, it was Aileigh's way of dealing with things. And her way of explaining.

Life since since Akos' reappearance on the anniversary of her death had shaken things to the core. The life Aishe was struggling to grow used to was turned upside down. Akos was alive. She was not dead... It, by far, gave more questions than answers. What had really happened December of 1650? How was she not dead? ..What had Sethos done to her? The emptiness residing in Akos' eyes haunted Aishe's dreams and thoughts. If they could save her from Sethos, would they actually be able to save her? Or would she never be the same woman Aishe loves and would die for? She didn't know.. And she wouldn't until they rescued her.

And rescuing her was something they were close to now.

After the swap incident, Aileigh started drawing odd images. Alarming images that a five year old shouldn't be drawing... When asked about it, Aileigh told her they came from dreams when she was awake. Aishe's concern immediately rose. She didn't think that her gift had been passed down to her daughter, but she imagined it made sense considering Aileigh was created from their souls. But she didn't expect what had happened shortly after Aileigh told her about her visions. For the first time, Aishe watched her daughter go into a vision - literally. As the young girl slipped into the vision, she vanished. Aishe about had a heart attack, if that were possible. She fretted, not knowing what to do, as the seconds passed by painfully slow. But then she was back. One piece, perfectly fine. This perplexed the entire household.The visions became rather frequent, always followed by the drawings.

The drawings were clues. Aileigh being from Akos' soul, there was a rare, special connection that the other three women lacked. No matter how hard Aishe tried, she couldn't get a vision involving Akos or Sethos. She didn't know if she was trying to hard or if it was the lack of connection to either of them. And although Soka tried, they couldn't force another swap.

The only other clues that they had were the crimes. The group got a large map of the land, which was tacked up on the wall of Serendipity's bedroom. After each attack and reported crime, it was marked on the map. They only recorded the ones that they believed were carried out by either Akos or Sethos. The number of red dots were growing and growing...

Aishe often found herself staring at the map for hours on end. To think that her love brought this destruction to innocent people was heartbreaking, but fueled her determination to find Sethos and put an end to it all - once and for all.

Aishe looked up from the drawings as she heard little, soft footsteps approach and gave a small smile. She knelt down and swept Aileigh into a big hug. The little girl fit so perfectly in her mother's arms, she never wanted to let go. Aileigh had always been told about Akos - about how she was Aileigh's other mother and how great of a person she was. She was also told that Akos had died in a horrible accident before she was born and was now with the Great Mages. However, she was never told about Sethos - she only knew that she was not allowed to go outside by herself or be home alone, that they were all very protective over her and her safety. Yet, after Akos' appearance and the truth was altered, Aishe sat Aileigh down and explained more to her. She told her how there was a very bad man after Akos and herself, Serendipity as well, and that he had taken Akos. And that was why they thought she was dead. Aishe had to explain how Sethos had magic and had obviously changed Akos, that she wasn't herself anymore. And then she told her that they were going to save her.

The five year old buried her face into Aishe's curls, hugging back tightly. Mommy?

Yes my love?

I loves you.

Aishe smiled softly, stroking her daughter's hair. I love you.
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]
Scarlet

Re: [CRP] Beyond Grace

Post by Scarlet »

Smells wafted across her camp as she sat in the door of her vardo. They always did. Her stronger than looking nose picked up everything. A couple were down by the river cementing their love which was humorous with the cold of the month. But sometimes things like that couldn't wait, or so she had been told. Other smells wafted in. Her favorite was the bakery. Those smells always told of hearth and home. When the vardos would cluster together in the winter seasons, though her home was never this cold, and the smells of stew pots and hearty bread filled everyone's lungs and warmth seeped into fingertips. She closed her eyes and she could almost remember those days. The first days of this life.

As thoughts of that life flitted through her mind they grew dark as they inevitably did. With a shake of her head she brought herself from her reverie and worked her cooking pot. Another smell moved with the bread. The love of its maker from what she could tell. Familiar smells came with it. "Romani?" Her nose felt like it was humming at the familiar smell. One of her clan that she could tell. "Oh ... this should be interesting." She laughed softly under her breath until she smelled the worry coming from the woman.

Reaching behind her she grabbed her ready pack and headed out on foot. Her vanners would take good care of themselves in the area she had left them. Slowly she walked through the deep furrows of snow her skirts held to keep them mostly out of the snow and to make sure she could walk. Upon entering the town it was easier to move. It was as if she was honed on her "pray" crossing streets and moving around buildings and alleyways.

Upon reaching the bakery she made her way to the steps to the apartment above. With a knock she waited for the resident to open the door. The woman that opened the door was the source of the scent. She was Roma even though there was an added note. Something more a kin to her. Tilting her head to the side she looked into the icy blue eyes that were framed by blond locks. Tilting her head back her own blue eyes held the gaze. "Simensa ... I think it is time that we met." Her accented voice lilted over the words. Simensa, after all every Roma were family.

Simensa = Cousin
*Vardo Image is not mine, it is called "Gypsy Firefly" by `Foxfires
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

As a knock came through the door, Aishe pulled away from Aileigh, giving the door an uneasy glance. She wasn't expecting company and even with Serendipity out, she certainly wouldn't knock. The vampire rose, eyes still on the door, before looking at her child. Aileigh, how about you go see what Auntie Soka is doing? Reluctantly, Aileigh turned around and started down the hall. As the girl paused, Aishe gave an encouraging smile. Go on, I'll be there in a moment.

Aishe remained where she was to focus on the sounds coming from outside. There was only a single heart beat, normal at that. Even then, she was still a bit on edge as she moved towards the door and opened it, ready as always to defend herself. However, as her eyes met those of the stranger, all of her wariness ebbed away. The woman spoke and Aishe heard the words, but she was frozen by an odd sense of familiarity.

Lalita...

The name slipped between her lips without her consent, she didn't even know where it had came from. Taken a bit aback, she shook her head to clear her muddled thoughts. If she could blush in embarrassment, she certainly would be. Sorry.. She paused, studying the woman's face. Sastimos simensa. Speaking Romani to another gypsy felt a bit odd to her now after everything that had happened, but it felt right. The only time she murmured their language was small things to Aileigh. Like Ves'tacha. Yet, she longed to say her native tongue, despite her exiling herself from her family and culture.

Oh, why don't you come in. Aishe stammered, stepping aside. It was then that a breeze picked up outside and lightly tugged at the woman's dark locks. Aishe's eyebrows knitted together as she tilted her head. It was then that the memory came rushing back.

Such a lovely, spring night. The moon was full in the clear, starry sky as things bloomed in countless colours across the ground, the moonlight gladly showing them off. Life was springing from every inch the eye could see as little Aishe gleefully skipped through the field. You see, on such an amazing, clear night, how could one resist the urge to go pick wildflowers? Slipping out of camp wasn't easy, but it was possible, especially on nights like this, when the gypsies were merrily enjoying the weather. So here she was, in the little field not too awfully far off from camp, enjoying the perfume of flowers and the moon's beams.

With a giggle, she sat down amongst the swaying grass and laid the handful of flowers out across her skirts. Plucking one up, she carefully examined it before deeming it worthy of her crown. She picked out a few more and started weaving them together, adding more as she went. After a bit of a struggle, she grinned and placed the crown on her head, content with the masterpiece.

It was then that she heard a stirring in the trees not too far from her. Afraid she had been caught by one of the adults, she got onto her hands and knees and slowly crawled towards the sound, the tall grasses shielding her from view. As she grew nearer and was able to peer through the blades, she drew in a gasp of surprise at the wolf before her and fear leapt in her heart.

Sastimos - "Good health"; a greeting
Simensa - Cousin
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
[ Art | Historian ]
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

"Lalita..." The name slipping through the other woman's lips made Scarlet almost hesitate. Hestitating would be showing a weakness. Something she couldn't do in front of the Roma. Even if they were family. A stab almost caught her breath at that thought. How she missed her family. Especially her twin, bahuir. Ehsia had been very dear to her. Closer than blood. They were two bodies, two minds, and on purpose. Since Scarlet was born first she had moved into the position of Kralisi. Their race's queen. Until the Chivani found out about who her heart belonged to. Not only was she, the Kralisi, in love with a Gaje. But a necromancer. A worshiper of the dead when they the Romani were harbringers of mother earth and life.

Scarlet still felt the sting of the curse. She knew that Ehsia had to help in the curse that made her a wolf. That gave her lifetime up on lifetime to think about what she did. But it still hurt.

"You know you have to ... they will do the same to you Ehsia ... if they find you lacking. You must be Kralisi ... and you must care for our people." Scarlet cried to her sister. Tears ran down both their faces. They were going to be seperated. A part. That was never supposed to happen. "Marime. That is what they are going to call it."

"You loved him ... with your body."
"No ... just kisses ... and holding hands ... but they won't see it that way. I see how the Chivani looks at me ... in her eyes I'm already dead. Please Ehsia ... you have to save yourself."

"Rum." Scarlet had not heard that name in years. To her vitsa and natsia when she was cursed the person that was Lalita was dead. As custom her name was never to be spoken again. She felt those old feelings and memories creeping in. Strange that this woman made her think of things that she thought she had repressed. "Sastimos simensa. You shouldn't say that name ...." She said simply as she entered the room.

*Lalita is Scarlet's Roma name. Not to be used by non-Roma.
*bahuir = connected sister
*Kralisi = queen
*Chivani = High Elder
*Marime = polluted or unclean
*Rum = Strange
*vitsa = clan
*natsia = nation
*Sastimos simensa. = Good health cousin.
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Aishe lingered by the door as the woman entered, thoughts spinning. The random memory from her childhood certainly caught her off guard. But ever since her soul had awaken, she saw memories different now. Triggered by something, they were replayed for her like a motion picture. Those of this life and the previous. Even the memories of her blood victims played the same way. After a quick moment to recollect herself, she closed the door and turned towards the gypsy.

I apologize. I did not know. I don't even know where it came from.. She trailed, rolling the unfamiliar name over in her head. There was only one reason a name was unspoken. After all, who wanted to anger the dead's spirits? Distantly, she wondered if her father had received her letter and if they still referred to her by name or not. Shaking her head, she motioned towards the couch and chair, pasting a smile on her lips. Please, do sit. Can I get you something?
[ Art | Historian ]
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet entered the room. She could smell the heady mixture of yeast and baking from downstairs. The combination always smelled like home. The cooking fires and the warm shared meals. She frowned. "It is just a name .... Not a clue or an invitation that you might be going home." Her eyes moved over the room without really seeing it. She could tell by the dashes of color that the woman was indeed a Roma. Turning around she took the seat offered by the woman.

"I'm sorry I should have offered my name ... the gajo call me Scarlet. That should be a good enough name ...." She wondered what else she should add. That she had been called here? That she smelled her trouble from outside of town and walked in to help? The Romani believed many things but somethings were not clean enough to bring into your home. Even one that didn't move. "Do you have a vardo?" The words tumbled out of her mouth unbidden but this woman was a curious Romani.
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Aishe stayed on her feet hesitantly before also taking a seat, casting a glance down the hall. She heard Aileigh and Soka talking about some pictures she that couldn't see, but they seemed distracted enough. Her blue eyes fell back onto the gypsy as she introduced herself. Hello Scarlet... Gaje call me Aishe. It felt weird, telling another gypsy only her more public name. Scarlet was her first gypsy encounter since she left the vitsa to find her brother nearly two years ago. She missed being Esmeralda... It's nice to meet you.

An almost awkward silence fell over the pair as Aishe shifted in her seat. Her eyebrows furrowed at the sudden question. Though, it wasn't really sudden at all. I don't... I left my vitsa with just my horse, Lyuba, and a pack. This is the only home I have now. She paused, finding herself staring into the woman's own blue eyes. Images of the wolf she had seen those many moons ago flashed before her in a split second, causing her eyes to grow wide. Without thinking, she jumped up and took a few steps back, all in a blink of the eye. I know you. I've seen you before... When I was a child.. As a.. She stopped, eyes darting towards the hall once again. Was she in danger? Was her family in danger? She didn't know.

What do you want, Scarlet?
[ Art | Historian ]
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet frowned as Aishe stiffened as if there was danger. She couldn't hurt the other woman. As she sat at the table she drew her finger along the lines and whirls of it. When she started to speak again she took on the tone of the Paramitsha and the telling of a tale. "Long ago ... back when our people first were pressed to walk and were first to take to the Vardos like children to mothers legs there was the Pakiv Kralisi and her family. The Pakiv Kralisi had two daughters that would be come to known as the Mahrime Kralisi and Wuhtzo Kralisi. The two girls were twins .... and grew into beautiful women." Scarlet didn't know why she felt compelled to tell the story but she did. As if the Mages themselves were pulling it from her.

"A year after the Mahrime Kralisi became leader of her people and while she was still clean she fell in love with a man. This man was gajo and worked magics that affected life. They called him a Necromancer ... and it was because of him that we Romani have no home and no place where we are claimed as natives. When it was found that the Mahrime Kralisi loved this man ... she was pulled from him and cursed. Made Mahrime by her own people. Turned into a Ruv. From that day they did not speak her Romani name." Scarlet looked up from the table at Aishe she could smell pain and even how the other woman seemed to yearn for more community. "I am the Mahrime Kralisi ... my name then was Lalita ... and how I wish it to be spoken in the vitsa and around a campfire .... And I feel that you understand exactly how I feel about that. If you wish you can call me such ... but that is why I was formal with my name. You are safe ... I cannot hurt you nor would I want to hurt any Roma. You are as safe with me as your child is with you."

Paramitsha = Fairy Tale
Pakiv = Peace
Mahrime = Unclean
Wuhtzo = Pure
Kralisi = Queen
Ruv = wolf
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

A shiver ran down her spine. She knew this story of the first three Kralisi's. Of the twins... They had such a pure relationship that was ripped apart by such evil. It was a story she had heard countless times growing up, one she had even told her daughter - but the ending caught her off guard.

Eyes still wide, she stared at the stranger in a new light. The infamous, impure queen was in her home. Her home. She caught her breath, imagining all the bad luck that she had allowed to pass through her door. But then she realized - did it matter? Did it really? Because what was she, herself? A vampire. The walking dead. As Mahrime as they get. She looked away from Scarlet in a slight daze as it all dawned on her. She was no worse than the Mahrime Kralisi.

I.. Um.. She blinked a few times, looking back to the Kralisi. Her words struck home, for Aishe knew exactly how it felt. To a degree.. She was the one who exiled herself, after all. She didn't want her family to go through the pain of doing it themselves. Why are you here, your.. Grace? Should she call her that? She wasn't sure... She was Mahrime after all, unclean and disowned, but a royal either way.
[ Art | Historian ]
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

She laughed. Scarlet couldn't help it. Being called 'your Grace', how very gaje. "Just Scarlet or Lalita ... I was replaced by the Wuhtzo Kralisi ...." She side stepped her sister's name. The dead could not be uttered. "What the story doesn't say is what the curse did. Everyone seems to know the part about the wolf ... but never the part that my fate is twined to that of ... my former people." She stood and let the cloak slide down on to the chair. The cloak was the thing that kept her from being unwillingly turned to her wolf form when the moons rose high or if her anger got the better of her. "The second part ... is that I am to always help my people when they need it ... and you seem to need it Aishe. How can I be of service?"