Questions for Filkarn

Moderator: Community Team

Ruza

Re: Questions for Filkarn

Post by Ruza »

Let me step in and clarify something, since things are being said about the Great Mages. All the VR have laws. Fenia does have a law that states:
Election Laws:
Prior to registering, creatures wishing to compete in any Fenian election, Mayoral or Rite of Succession, must express their interest to the Monarch for an assessment of eligibility that will ensure their competency as a candidate.

Any creature within the Realm of Fenia may, by petitioning the Monarch, challenge any other creature that holds an official position within the Realm for that position.

Now it is true that Zachrin has stated many times over, that no creature can be restricted from joining any town or VR election. But if it is outside the VR laws, that is up to the particular VRs to decide on what to do. This "Great Mage Law" does not supersede any VR laws in that retrospect. The Mages do not make any laws for any of the VRs.

Put it into this perspective, the tools are there for anyone to revolt, the Great Mage has ensured that every creature has a choice to do so if they wish. Does this make it legal? Just because the tools are at your disposal does not supersede laws.

Also remember, your characters have a right to disagree, but let's remember to keep it IC :D
Scarlette

Post by Scarlette »

Scarlette stands from her watch in the back, speaking clearly.

"First allow me to say that Filkarn was not TOLD to run for this position. He did however ask for Royal permission. And WAS the only one to do so. Aside from that Filkarn's words to the people are his own and I would personally like to see more competition for this position within Fenia as well as others.

Filkarn is an excellent and honorable choice and he will do well in the position."
Nenrael

Post by Nenrael »

Scarlette wrote:He did however ask for Royal permission. And WAS the only one to do so. Aside from that Filkarn's words to the people are his own and I would personally like to see more competition for this position within Fenia as well as others.
Nenrael clears his throat, "Beggin yer pardon, but when you say was, does that mean that permission has also been granted to the other candidate, Ladyblackhawk, for the position of Mayor of Fenia City? Since, as you say, you wish to see more competition for this position."
Scarlette

Post by Scarlette »

Scarlette frowns slightly and sighs.

"Ladyblackhawk did not ask for permission to run in this election which at the time I grant she likely felt unneeded due to the fact she has been the only one running for some time, but at this point I cannot in good faith give that permission. I am uncertain if this is the place for the specifics as it is Filkarn's place and time to speak but I have no issues answering any questions about why I cannot. If it is the wish of the people of Fenia City I will gladly take another place in which questions may be asked of me and promise to answer them as fully as I can. Any citizen wishing to speak to me is also always free to send me messages as well and any citizen may feel free to ask questions of any member of the council.

Aside from that it is good to see so many interested in speaking and asking questions and perhaps from that others may step forward as challengers for this position."
Nenrael

Post by Nenrael »

Nenrael frowns slightly at the response, wondering at the apparent animosity that there seems to be.

"Beggin' yer pardon again, then what would happen if the people of Fenia City should choose to return the Ladyblackhawk back as the mayor of Fenia City?"
Scarlette

Post by Scarlette »

"That would depend on the actions of Ladyblackhawk to be quite honest."

((OOC Scar harbors no animosity for anyone so I am unsure why your character would think that? *confused*))
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

The old man speaks up after the Queen "...and on the way they "return" her. A petition to Her Majesty would be fine, as it is stated in our laws that any creature may challenge another for a position. A revolt, however, would be a crime."
Star

Post by Star »

Well I do appreciate being called ignorant and its certainly obvious I am, for I was unaware of the laws, methinks it might have been wiser to include that information in the letter we all received.

I feel so encouraged to ask more questions that I will never raise my ignorant voice again. I do thank the canditate for answering me... oh wait.. that didnt happen.
Nenrael

Post by Nenrael »

Glances over where the old man stood.

"By being elected by the majority of the people of Fenia City, of course. What if the people choose, by way of vote, to re-elect her? Then what?"

Turning back again, 'Rael still has a frown on his face.

"Beggin' yer pardon again, I cannot answer for what Ladyblackhawk's actions might be, should she win the election in Fenia City. However, as the current ruling monarch, what would you do, should the people of Fenia City choose to re-elect the Ladyblackhawk?"
Filkarn

Post by Filkarn »

((OOC: Right folks, there are a lot of responses here, I'll be writing my reply as I read each one))

Filkarn grinned as the first question was asked, but he frowned slightly once he realised what was asked
"I was merely referencing a law that has been in place since the time of King Project LVI, Queen Scarlette was looking for alternative candidates for the position and I asked if I could be considered and the fact that I intend to move here should prove to you the dedication I will show this position. Fenia has not changed much in the times since King Project LVI so I would suggest you look at the history and laws of this country, rather than asking if it is now a dictatorship."
Filkarn hoomed, the sound echoing around the park
"Be that as it may my plans for my term will include improving the will of the people in the running of the town"

Filkarn nodded at Athnal;
"Thank you Athnal, your long service as Mayor of Widu give your wishes greater weight to my mind"

Looks to LordBlackHawk;
"Greetings Count BlackHawk but I must ask you, are we ruled by the Mages or by our lawfully chosen Queen? Chosen by a method you yourself tried to use and therefore gave credence to?" ((OOC: A note, that was about IG mechanics LBH, we can not prevent people from running, we can still charge them for doing so))
Filkarn looks confused at the strange words of mass mail option;
"It did not take long to send the letters Count Blackhawk, a small effort that I thought the citizens deserved"
The great tree snorted
"Am I to understand that a town as old as this one does not have the spare cash to enact my plans and keep enough money around to do it's other plans? What have the previous leaders of this town been doing?"
Filkarn hooms again
"I am so old I have forgotten how many centuries have passed since I last needed to count the years, I have experience and I have the knowledge" ((OOC: I am a reborn character LBH, I have been mayor of more than one town and held a few different council positions))
"And if your wife is only answerable to the citizens that would make her a traitor to the country if she refuses to acknowledge that she is answerable to the country, to the monarch, her council and to the laws of this land Count Blackhawk"

Filkarn nods to Athnal again
"Once my I thank you for your support, I hope that I will be able to restore your excitement with the town"

Filkarn bows to Nenrael
"My deepest apologies if you found it in distaste, I was merely stating a fact of the law"
He looks in confusion at him
"Did you not receive my letter? I stated I would not chose my council the people of the town will be choosing the council, as for experience I have lived for many many centuries, in the old days I was occasionally requested to manage towns or cities ((OOC: see earlier note about me being a reborn character)) and as for why, I love most living things and my usual task sees me caring for my forests. But if I am to be sent out into the world to observe it, I wish to continue to care for living things, that is why I accepted when the Queen was looking for other candidates"

Filkarn nods at Nerevar;
"Thank you Judge Nerevar"

Filkarn bows to Ruza and then turns his gaze to Queen Scarlette, Nenrael, Nerevar, and Star
"Hoom, I more think Nenrael meant what happens if Countess BlackHawk wins the election, which looking at the numbers seems likely and Star, to include the full laws in my letter would have made it a rather thick package and would be pointless, as the Great Mage has placed our laws in a place viewable by all within the castle. Continue raising your voice Star, I hope the people will choose you for my council and I apologise for the slowness of my reply, we Ents are a slow thinking people"

((OOC: some of my response will seem like repetitions of other's replies and for that I apologise, but I wrote as I read and I also apologise for not being able to be online at the same time as others))