Town of Paz, Town Charter
A. PAZ TOWN COUNCIL
TO keep the best interests of the citizens in mind the Town Council consists of the following members:
- 1. The current Mayor of the town of Paz
2. Head Mentor for the town of Paz
3. Mayor appointed councilors
The mayor has legislative power over the town. S/He can make municipal decrees that will have the force of laws as long as such decrees don't contradict standing Viceroy and Chief Mage laws.
C. VOTING PROCEDURES
1. An official poll pertaining to town government business may be started by any councilor.
2. Non-Emergency issues will be voted on either a three (3) day vote or a 24-hour vote based on the urgency of the issue at hand.
3. Each poll shall have three (3) options: Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
4. A poll is declared valid with a simple majority of all non-abstaining votes and the majority shall determine the outcome.
5. A tied poll is considered as not passed. A poll not passed via this default may be returned to discussion and subject to a re-poll if deemed necessary.
D. AUDIENCE BEFORE THE COUNCIL
1. EVERY citizen of Paz has the right to an audience before the current Town Council
2. Every citizen of Paz has the right to propose an issue and have it discussed by the current Town Council
E. TOWN COUNCIL PROCEDURES
1. The Town Council must discuss any and all subjects presented to it by any citizen of Paz for a minimum of three (3) days before it can be made into a vote. After the minimum of three (3) days any council member may turn that topic into a poll if needed. The results of any vote outweigh the discussion and all effects made by votes are binding unless vetoed by the Town Council.
2. Changes to the Town Laws must be discussed with the Town Council and a vote opened in the Town Council Forum to pass. If this procedure is not followed the law will be considered null and void.
Town of Paz, Town Laws
A. TOWN MARKET LAWS
1. NO single person may purchase more than 25% of any product on the public or town markets without first contacting the Mayor. Once the Mayor is contacted this person must wait for a response before making purchases.
2. The Mayor has the right and authority to limit the wares that are purchased by someone from another town based on the current needs of the citizens of Paz.
3. Buying low and selling high on the same market is illegal.
4. Violation of any provisions of this article is considered a light crime and will result in fines and/or resititution of goods.
1. Robbery is considered a light to serious crime depending on the type of robbery and the extent of damages. Robbery may include but is not limited to:
- a. Misuse of any Grant inconsistent with the terms of that grant
b. Refusal to return a Grant upon request of the Mayor
c. Robbery of Paz citizens on the road
d. Robbery of Paz citizens or visitors while conducting market transactions
e. Robbery of Paz Town Hall
- a. Attempted revolt - if not authorized by the Viceroy and/or the citizens of Paz via a public vote, is considered a moderate crime that will result in fines paid to Town Hall plus jail time and/or forced labor.
b. Successful revolt - if not authorized by the Viceroy and/or the citizens of Paz via a public vote, is considered a moderate to serious crime that will result in fines paid to Town Hall plus jail time and/or forced labor.
c. Authorized revolts - must be approved by the Viceroy and/or the citizens of Paz via a public vote. Authorized revolts are exempt from prosecution.
4. Murder is a serious crime
6. Harassment on the forums or in the tavern is considered a light crime that may carry an RP sentencing. However, harassment of a serious nature will be reported to the Mages.
I. Light crimes have a sentence of degree I to V.
II. Moderate crimes have a sentence of degree I to VI.
III. Serious crimes have a sentence of degree I to VII.
IV. Infamous crimes have a sentence of degree I to VIII.
SENTENCE of DEGREES
I. Public apology in the appropriate Town Hall or forum
II. Fines paid to the Town Hall
III. Restitution of goods or their value in cash
V. Jail time; for a light sentence, jail time is less than or equal to 3 days.
VI. Jail time; for a heavy sentence, jail time is greater than or equal to 3 days.
VIII. Capital sentence by hanging, decapitation, or burning. (Role played only, with the consent of the mayor and the convict)
NOTE: All Town Laws must be mailed either via IG or Forum to the Mages to be updated and posted before they are official.