[RP] Running for Mayor

Moderator: Community Team

Xavier

[RP] Running for Mayor

Post by Xavier »

Xavier stood on a platform in front of a large crowd in the city of Bravia. He had stood here mere days ago to convert people to the following of his master, Azrael. He stood here for a very different reason this time.
People of Bravia,

I stand before you today as a man who wants the best for this town. I want to make Bravia, the best it can be. I will need your help to do that. Here are a few of my suggestions and implementations I will bring to the office and the town.

Firstly, I will make the workings of the town completely open to citizens and keep them updated on everything. I will be providing weekly updates on what is happening and special updates if something urgent is required.

Secondly, very much in relation to the upcoming election in the newly formed town of Cork, I will press on trading between the towns of the county. I will make sure Cork is given a good start into this game through hard work and lots of trade. Together great things can be accomplished!

Thirdly, I very much beleive that the people standing here today are competent and intelligent, and in that concept I do not wish to impose price caps on the market. I beleive that you, the people of Bravia, have enough integrity and common sense to sell reasonably and maintain a good economy in Bravia.

Finally, in regards to defense, I will maintain a solid contigent to protect the fair people of this city! You can sleep at night at ease you are safeguarded!

A vote for me is a vote for a better Bravia!
Xavier finishes reading out his speech and looks upon the crowd...what a fool he made out of himself...how do policitians do these things...

Questions?
Last edited by Xavier on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenina

Re: [RP] Running for Mayor

Post by Xenina »

;) Thank you Xavier.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier hears something from the crowd...
Xenina wrote:;) Thank you Xavier.
He turns at looks at the source....hmmm that is a very odd question but no matter, thanks are always welcome.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier returns to the spot several days before the elections are finished and looks out at the people once more. He begins to speak...

Fellow citizens of Bravia, since it seems that no other steps forward to asusme the position of Mayor I have high hopes for myself. However because nobody has stepped forward as of yet is no reason to become complacent. I ask all citizens of Bravia to vote for me to gauruntee my victory! I will do my best to serve you all and I promise great things in the upcoming term. Thank you!
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Great things... Does that involve zombies?
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

Rowena's eyes widen. Zombies?? She had better ask her question.

"Candidate Xavier, what are your thoughts on Town Councils and their place in Bravia during your possible upcoming term?

... and do you see a Council comprised of living residents, or re-animated dearly departed?"
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier looked upon the women asking their questions and took a few seconds to think to of an answer..

I am not a big proposer of town councils. I have confidence in my own abilities. a town council only serves to slow down the process of progress. In that same line of thought however a town council is necessary to support the mayor and tell him or her when she is doing wrong to the town. In that sense, yes I will have a town council however they shall be there merely to prevent myself making major mistakes. In the end it is me sitting in the office. I shall take in the advice of the council but shall not allow their decision to be the finality of any matter. Whilst my first choice for a town council was some minions of mine I was told that this would be bad for the public image...whatever that may be.

I shall make my priority getting some laws up for release within the first week. These will include rewriting any laws currently in effect on a town level to better support the citizens of Bravia.

On another note...whether I am or am not planning to turn this town's population into zombies is none of your business. Now please refrain from asking such questions...

Finally, I am taking applicants for the position of Town Council. The first three people get the job!
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

The Mayoral candidate's opinions noted, Rowena acknowledges the Mayor's dismissal with a nod and leaves.