[ORP] Chateau de Xaviera - The home of Haley and Shane

Moderator: Community Team

ShaneLancaster

Re: [ORP] Chateau de Xaviera - The home of Haley and Shane

Post by ShaneLancaster »

He just sat there holding her hand as she squeezed it harder trying to work through the pain. He felt helpless and just wanted to be able to help her. He padded her hand gently and nodded as she relaxed a little. "Bearable? Haley are you sure you don’t need to go see a healer or something? Or perhaps a midwife? Really I don’t want to be sitting here alone with you going in to labor. I don’t have a clue what to do” His eyes shifted nervously and he had a hard time sitting still. He just didn’t know what to do and it scared him to see her in pain event though he was well aware that this was nothing compared to what would come.
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

She looked at his face and knew he was worrying a lot, "Darling it will be alright. It's not going to happen right now. I think I just need to rest. Please try not to worry too much. You will have help I promise but right now the baby isn't coming just yet." She tried to get comfortable for she felt so tired. Holding his hand, she closed her eyes hoping that maybe she just needed to sleep and the pain would subside.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

He sighed and watched her as she tried to make herself more comfortable in the bed. He tugged the blankets tighter around her and returned to holding her hand. He leaned in enough to place a kiss on her forehead as she closed her eyes. “You get some sleep my love. If there’s anything you need I’ll be right here.” He kissed her forehead again only once before letting her hand go and going to pull one of the chairs up to her side of the bed. Before sitting down he went to get a wet cloth which he placed on her forehead and then he took her hand again and sat down. “I’ll stay by your side my sweet. Just relax and rest. No harm can reach you here. Let the troubles go for a moment and relax”
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley smiled slightly thankful that her husband was here for he always made her feel better when he was around. She worried these past few days that he wouldn't be with her when the baby came but he was here now and that was all that mattered.

She enjoyed the cloth on her forehead and opened her eyes, "Thank you darling, it means so much to me that you are here with me now. I was frightened with you not around." Feeling safe she closed her eyes again and curled up a little bit so she could try to get some sleep.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

He smiled gently at her and nodded. “I’m sorry you felt frightened my dear. I’m not leaving your side until the baby is born. You won’t have to worry anymore” He smiled as she curled up to get some sleep and leaned back in to the chair. He watched her breathe for a moment still feeling tense and worried but slowly he relaxed as she seemed to do so as well. For now things were quiet and he’d watch over her to make sure she was alright.

A knock on the door .. Shane went to the door and opened it quietly. Violet popped in her head slowly and Shane smiled at her as he whispered “She’s resting for now. If you’d be so kind to prepare some food for her when she wakes up please? I’m sure she’ll need something to strengthen her. And if you could try to get a hold of this woman as well?” Shane slipped her a piece of paper he had in his pocket. Upon the paper was the name of the nurse he had hired to help Haley when they’d first moved here. He figured she might be able to assist again. “Thank you Violet” he said as she left again and he returned to the chair and watched his wife sleep.
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley started getting stronger pains than before and she knew it was time. She had her driver take her home straight away. He had opened the door for her and decided instead of sleeping in their master bedroom she would reside in one of the comfy guest bedrooms downstairs.

She slowly walked over to the bed groaning in pain and breathing in and out slowly to let the pain pass. She slipped under the covers trying to get comfortable and that was an almost impossible task. As another pain gripped her body she gripped on the sheets and sweat beads were rolling down her forehead.

Her Violet was getting her a washcloth to put on her forehead and she sat at her side.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

A young boy approached him with a note and Shane curiously unfolded the little piece of paper. The few words quickly scribbled was enough to make his heart skip a few beads and he almost knocked the table over he was sitting at as he jumped to his feet. He turned his head from side to side trying to gather his thoughts. “I got to get home NOW!” He exclaimed and grabbed his coat before rushing out the door. Even though his horse was already tired and worn from the traveling he’d done lately he had to push her to her very limit. “Easy now Reiku just get us home as fast as you can” he mumbled but kept pushing her to go faster.

Once at the house he left Reiku to be taken care of by Michael the stable boy and even though Shane asked him a bunch of questions Michael was unable to answer a single one of them. Shane shook his head and waved him off before he rushed inside. “Haley?!” he shouted and headed up the stairs not even taking the time to take off his coat. He assumed she was in bed. What was he to do?
Last edited by ShaneLancaster on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley lay there as another contraction came upon her like a wave and she squeezed Violet's hand hard. What she really wanted to do was tear her hand off from the socket of her arm never experiencing such pain in her life. "Focus" she told herself. "This will pass" she whispered under her breath. She was confident that Scarlet would know what to do she hoped. She gritted her teeth waiting for the pain to pass. She wondered how women did this all the time.

As the wave of pain died down she heard her frantic husband
. "Violet please go tell my husband that I'm in the guest room." She nodded quickly and let go of Haley's hand.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet moved as fast as she could from the tavern on the wet night. Rain, snow, rain, snow made the roads and paths back to camp absolutely horrible and almost treacherous. She pulled her cloak tighter as the camp came into view. Through the day and night they had kept a good size blaze going to keep their area warm. Small roma magics sheltered the camp from some of the cold and allowed the heat of the fire to keep them warm. With speed she moved to her vardo and grabbed the items she would need as she felt a familiar presence behind her. "Where are you going, Kralisi?" The voice was unmistakably grumpy and had just been woken up. Anya.

With a smile Scarlet turned around, "There is a baby being born and the woman needs my help. So I'm just going to pop over there and help out." She tried to make it sound like an easy thing instead of work. With her babe on the way it was roma tradition that Scarlet wouldn't work until after the babe was born.

"I'm coming with." Anya stated offering no room for discussion. With a sigh and a nod Scarlet turned and moved back to pass through the tavern and continue on to Imperius. The fastest way she knew how to travel. Anya was close on her heels when they rode up to the Chateau. Scarlet didn't even pause to knock before she moved into the house.

"Hello? Where is everyone?" She shouted waiting to hear where she needed to go.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

Shane had only taken a single step in to the master bedroom as he realized it was completely empty. He looked around feeling confused and scared. Where was Haley and Violet? The note had told him to come home yet no one was to be found. He turned on his heels and called out again. “Haley .. Viloet where are you?! … HALEY?!” Flustered and distraught he started to make his way down the stairs again but all of the sudden Violet appeared coming from the guest room. He breathed a momentary sigh of relief and listened to what she had to say. He nodded. Of course it made sense not to climb stairs when a baby is on the way. He rubbed the back of his neck feeling silly he hadn’t thought of that. “Thank you Violet” he stated and headed for the guest room.

He found Haley in bed and clearly in pain. He rushed to take off his coat and left it on the floor to the left of the door. He’d pick it up some time later. For now his attention was on his wife and nothing else. He smiled at her as he came to the side of the bed. He offered his hand for her to hold and leaned closer. “How are - when did – where is” He cut himself short over and over again and finally shook his head trying to clear his mind. “What can I do?” He looked to her with a sense of helplessness not knowing what to do and how to help her through this. He was deeply worried about her and the baby and what would soon be unfolding here.

With that Violet opened the door and proclaimed that Scarlets arrival. He nodded and again he breathed a sigh of relief as he looked to the door. Scarlet would surely know what to do.