[ORP] Chateau de Xaviera - The home of Haley and Shane

Moderator: Community Team

Haley_Rose

Re: [ORP] Chateau de Xaviera - The home of Haley and Shane

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley listened to her husband ramble on and on. She grabbed his hand really hard trying to squeeze the pain from her body to his hand. "Darling, please relax you are making me feel more tense and I have to try to relax especially when the pain is not here." As she continued to talk to him another wave of pain came over her affecting her lower stomach and back. Any way she laid on he bed gave her excruciating pain. She couldn't wait until Scarlet would be here. She seemed like she knew something about helping her along having the baby.

Haley started screaming a curdling scream that could be heard throughout the whole downstairs. She screamed at her husband something along the words that this was all his fault that she was feeling this awful excruciating pain. She squeezed his hand like a vice grip was holding onto a strong piece of metal.

Haley calmed a bit as the wave of pain had passed and she began to cry never experiencing such pain before. She was exhausted so she drifted off to a sleep from exhaustion.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Even though Scarlet heard the scream she smiled as she reassuringly as she entered the room where Haley was. With a brief glance around the room she made sure everything was available and she noticed Haley asleep. Though that might have to change soon to help the woman along. After everything was assessed she turned her attention back to Mr. Lancaster, "I'm Scarlet, you must be Mr. Lancaster." Her voice was warm as she spoke before extending her hand to shake his. "This is Anya, my Rani Shanglo ... you would call her my steward." She motioned her head to where Anya was standing before adding, "Anya will be keeping you company as we do our work in here. Birthing is woman's work and you will know as soon as the babe is born."

Anya moved from where she was standing behind Scarlet and extended her hand to usher Shane from the room. "We can sit wherever you wish, sir." Anya seemed to stumble over the word trying to use the gaje term. Common tongue was not something she was used to yet. "I think I even have some brandy and cigars in my pack to share." The woman tried to flash a smile at the man not liking that Scarlet was going to be out of her line of sight. At least she could watch the man as the birthing was going on.

gaje = non-roma
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

As Haley awoke from another pain, she held onto her pillow squeezing it as hard as she could gritting her teeth hard. Her vision was a bit blurry, noticing someone different in the room. She got alarmed and called out Shane's name and reached for his hand. "Shane where are you?" She dropped her hand and gripped her belly as she rubbed it. She tried to remain calm for the baby and not to worry her husband. She knew he probably was a nervous wreck by now.

As her eyes adjusted, she smiled slightly recognizing Scarlet and a woman at her side who she did not know. She hoped VioletAnne was coming with the things that Scarlet would need for the birthing. She wanted to see the baby's face but surely could do without the pain but it was all part of the process she presumed especially not knowing about these things before.

She breathed slowly through the pain so she didn't hyperventilate squeezing the side of the bed for support.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

As Haley fell in to a shallow sleep from exhaustion Shane slowly and slightly reluctantly let go of her hand. He turned towards Scarlet as she introduced herself took her offered hand shaking it briefly. His eyes constantly darting back to Haley. “Please call me Shane. I’m so glad you are here miss Scarlet." He looked at Haley again with love and not a slight amount of worry in his eyes but then Scarlet drew his attention to the woman that had entered with her. He nodded at Anya and though he was reluctant to leave Haley’s side he knew it to be no place for a man besides a glass of brandy might soothe his nerves while waiting. “Let’s go to the sun room shall we?” He smiled at her and motioned for Anya to go first as he muttered “Ladies first” and for the last time his eyes rested briefly on his wife before he left the room.

Only moments after closing the door behind him he heard Haley call out his name. He instinctively turned on his heels about to rush back to her. If she needed him he surely would come to her aid no matter who said otherwise.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet was in the middle of helping Haley get through the contraction. Urging her to breathe and to get up to walk around a bit. When Shane burst back into the room she turned and held out her hands and moved to push him out. "This is women's work. You are just going to be in the way. Mr. Lancaster I need you to leave. So I can give your wife my full attention." Her voice was no nonsense as she pressed him to the door.
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley was having trouble with the pain and was holding her breath but Scarlet urged her to breathe through the pain. As Scarlet urged her to get up to walk around, Haley was hesitant but she did ask for Scarlet's help so followed her direction. As she began to slowly walk around with Scarlet's help, her husband walked in rather briskly but she tried to keep her laughter in as Scarlet took charged and shooed him out of the room.

She remembered discussing this with him that he probably wouldn't be permitted in the room but her screaming for him didn't help either. She looked at her husband, "It's alright Shane, Scarlet will take good care of me and the baby. Why don't you go keep Anya company?"

As she was walking around the room, it wasn't the most comfortable thing to do. As she took another step another contraction was felt and she stopped in her tracts. Groaning and trying to breathe through the pain was getting even more difficult.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

Only a few steps back in to the room Shane was greeted by Scarlet who held her hands up to stop him. His eyes darted from her to Haley and back a few times before he nodded at them both. It seemed Haley was in good hands and Scarlet was probably right. If anything he’d be in the way. He smiled sheepishly and felt embarrassed that he’d acted so thoughtlessly. In fact Haley had said he probably wouldn’t be allowed to be here. Hearing her call had made him react instinctively though. “Let me know if there us anything I can do” he said and backtracked his steps out the door and slowly closed it again.

He looked at Anya and held out his hands towards the guest living room or ‘the sun room’ as Haley affectionately had dubbed it. “I’m sorry. I know she’s in good hands. I’m just worried” he said and sighed hoping Anya could understand. At first he sat down on the couch but found it impossible to sit still. He constantly looked towards the guest room wondering how Haley and the baby were doing.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet nodded as Shane left knowing that Anya would side track him for a bit. After making sure he was out the door she turned back to Haley. "Let me help you walk some more it will help." She said softly as they moved to walk around the room more. Helping Haley out brought her mind to what was going to happen to her. Part of her couldn't wait but half of her was very afraid. This was the most vulnerable time for a woman. "Soon you will need to push."
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley allowed Scarlet to help her walk around the room not understanding the purpose when this was the most painful time. They began to walk around the room when suddenly the most horrendous pain wracked her body and looked on the floor and she didn't understand why there was water all over the floor but she did know that the contractions were much worse. As she was breathing through the pain she squeezed Scarlet's hand. "Scarlet, the pain is much worse now."
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Some time had passed. The birth was a success and no complications came upon Haley or the child. She had a healthy beautiful baby girl. Violet has been a tremendous help with taking care of the baby while Haley was busy at work. Haley was missing her husband for he was busy at doing some business away from home.

Haley came home early that day for she was exhausted and wanted to see how her daughter was doing. She walked in the house and heard the baby crying. She dropped her belongings and ran to the baby and saw Violet struggling with trying to calm her daughter. She ran to Violet, "I'll take over Violet." She took her daughter and rocked her in her arms while walking around in her bedroom. "Aww don't cry sweetie, mommy is here." She sat in the rocking chair and began to breastfeed her.