[ORP] Chateau de Xaviera - The home of Haley and Shane

Moderator: Community Team

ShaneLancaster

Re: [ORP] Chateau de Xaviera - The home of Haley and Shane

Post by ShaneLancaster »

Tired and worn from the recent events Shane made his way home. He was bruised and shaken up but all in all still in one piece. He knew something was up as soon as he set foot in the house. It was quiet and not even the sounds of Violet working in the kitchen could be heard. He frowned and quickly made his way up the stairs to the master bedroom. As expected he met Violet on the way and at his rambling questions about what was going on she merely shook her head and motioned for him to go to the bed room. He sighed and nodded before he did as told.

Slowly he opened the door and peeked in. His ruffled dark brown hair fell in to his face hiding the concerned look of his bluish-green orbs. His shoulders slumped as his gaze fell on Haley in the bed. She didn’t look well at all. He swallowed hard and finally pushed the door open and closed it behind him before he went to sit on the bed next to her. Gently he brushed a hand down her cheek and whispered “Haley my dearest. Can you hear me?”
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley heard her husband call out to her and she opened her eyes to look back at him, "Yes I can hear you." She rubbed her stomach where the pain was shooting inside her. She groaned a little for she didn't want to alarm her husband. Maybe she could fake it and he wouldn't be so worried. She saw his expression and didn't think anything she said would comfort him.

Are you alright, you don't look so good. She gave him a sweet smile hoping that would help.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

He watched her intently as she opened her eyes and responded and a breath of relief rushed over his lips. As she rubbed her stomach his eyes narrowed a little and the concern grew in strength. Something wasn’t right indeed. He brushed the hair from her face and leaned down to kiss her lips tenderly before she spoke. Returning the sweet smile she offered he just shook his head. “I’m fine dear but I’m not going to let you throw me off like that. I’d rather know if you and the baby are alright?”
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

She looked at him with a slight frown not pleased that her attempt to not worry him didn't work. Well actually the baby and I are still here aren't we? She chuckled to herself knowing that wasn't going to help either.

Honestly I have been working too hard and our last duel weakened me and the baby is going to be here sooner than we thought but other than that we are just fine.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

He rolled his eyes at her initial comment but other than that he ignored it. He frowned even deeper and growled a little under his breath. “I knew I shouldn’t have let you talk me in to dueling.” He let his hand slide down from her cheek to her stomach and rubbed it lightly. “I don’t care if she decides to come right now as long as you both are well and healthy when it’s all over with. I have been wondering though. I hope you’re not counting on me to be your midwife? Cause I’m afraid I’m more or less useless when it comes to that. Perhaps Violet can assist or do you need someone else? I’d like to know just in case this all happens in the middle of the night with only you and I here.” He ran the other hand through his hair feeling a little frustrated and helpless but he kept smiling reassuringly at his wife. He wanted her to feel as safe as possible.
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley watched him roll his eyes and wasn't pleased but she let it go. Well honestly I didn't realize you had been training so I didn't think you would get any hits in but you got me twice and I believe it has weakened me. I've tried to rest as much as I can but now I'm in charge of the town so it makes it difficult for me to rest like I need to.

She sighed a little, "No I don't have a midwife yet but I will make some inquiries. I'm afraid the baby is coming soon though."
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

He sighed deeply and took her hands in his as he looked in to her eyes. “I’m sorry. I should have known better than to go through with that duel. Forgive my recklessness my love and I know the recent events have caused you a lot of stress. I’m proud of you my love but I’ll do whatever it takes to help you get the rest you so dearly need.” He nodded somberly and for a moment just stared at her bulging belly. He smiled gently and shifted both his hands to rest on it. For a moment he was quiet before he placed his cheek against it as well and whispered. “Don’t worry little one. Daddy will be here to greet you whenever you are ready. Just make sure not to hurt mommy too much ok? I want the both of you safe and sound in my arms” He looked up at Haley and smiled again. Then he grew more serious again. “How soon exactly?”
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley watched her husband curiously looking a bit worried at his body language. She sighed deeply listening to him. She was comforted when you started talking to the baby and grabbed his hand to hold it with hers.

Well I would say the baby feels like a week or two that it will be gracing this world of ours. She groaned slightly feeling another pain.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

He nodded again. A week or two. “That should give me time to finish the nursing room. I’m almost finished” He smiled proudly and squeezed her hand as she grabbed his. “I hope you’ll both like it. I’ll be painting it once the baby is born just in case I’m wrong on the gender.” He chuckled a little but quickly fell silent as she groaned in pain. He looked at her with great concern and ever growing anxiety “Are you sure this is normal? The baby isn’t coming now is it?” He jumped a little at the mere thought and glanced at the door feeling slightly panicky.
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley squeezed his hand as another pain hit her. "I'm sorry dear this has been happening since the duel and trying to gain the town back gave me a lot of stress. I wasn't able to sleep for three days. There was so much work to do."

I don't know if this is normal but so far it is bearable. She took a deep breath squeezing his hand hard and then relaxed it.