[ORP] Chateau de Xaviera - The home of Haley and Shane

Moderator: Community Team

ShaneLancaster

Re: [ORP] Chateau de Xaviera - The home of Haley and Shane

Post by ShaneLancaster »

Looking up at the sun slowly making its way towards the horizon Shane decided to call it the day. For one he wasn’t really sure how to proceed with the garden project and second he yearned to be able to put his legs up and rest just for a little bit. He had been on the road for well over a month almost nonstop. Not that is was nothing new but he hadn’t allowed himself the rest he would have otherwise. He had been rushing things to get home as soon as possible. Now that he was here he felt strangely restless and uneasy but he credited that to the fact that Haley wasn’t home yet. He would wash up quickly before he intended to get supper started. At that point he automatically slapped his forehead. In his rush to get things finished he had forgotten to pick up groceries and the house was almost deserted when it came to food. He sighed heavily and looked at his reflection in the mirror as he passed it in the hallway. He surely needed a bath before going anywhere. He probably had more dirt on him then the lemon tree outside. He laughed quietly and headed for the master bathroom upstairs.

Piece by piece he left the dirty clothes scattered on the floor as he went through the house, all the way from the back door to the master bed room where he picked out a set of clean clothes. He forgot to bring his shaving kit and went down stairs to get it.

He was singing loudly along to tune only existing in his head as he bathed. He wasn’t able to carry a tune but he didn’t care. The hot water and made his aching muscles relax but he didn’t have time to enjoy it for too long if he was to have any chance of getting some food before sunset. Wrapping a towel around his waist and with his hair still dripping he looked confused to where he had left the clean clothes. He grumbled annoyed at how distrait he seemed to be lately figuring he must have left them downstairs when he went to get the shaving kit.

Just when he set foot on the very last step on the staircase he heard voices coming from outside and rattle at the door as it slid open. He instinctively gripped harder around the towel and had a look like a deer caught in the headlights as he met the ladies gaze. He quickly tried to regain some form of illusion as to this being completely natural and not bothering him at all. He smiled crooked and waved nonchalant at them “Hello ladies”
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley walked in the door gasping at the sight of Shane in his towel.Oh hello Shane, I’ve hired a stable hand and a governess. Violet why don’t we head to the kitchen and you can officially meet my husband when he finds some clothes.

Michael was coming through the door with the groceries. Haley walks in the eyesight of Shane with just his towel on. Michael and Violet can you follow me to the kitchen. Well honey maybe you can get ready so you can meet the two surprised I had for you.

Haley walked to the kitchen and when she saw the dirty clothes with dirt tracking in the kitchen, the look on her face was pure shock. She heard of bachelors but never seen in first hand. Violet can you please fumble around the kitchen with the groceries while I go talk to my husband. Yes, ma’am. Also Michael you should find what you need in the stables on the side of the Manor. Maybe you can go to town and get some wood because we need the fences fixed. Michael nodded and took the carriage to the lumberyard for some wood.

Haley continued to see dirt tracked all the way upstairs and was starting to get furious. She had to keep her anger in check for she never was upset with Shane before. Her face was red from the onslaught of the sudden rush of anger that she was feeling. She finally arrived upstairs looking for Shane. With a raised voice she called, “Shane William Lancaster”.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

“Haley! You’re home!” His excitement and joy was obvious in his enthusiastic greeting as he rushed towards her. He hadn’t heard a word of what she said all he could think of was her. His eyes were fixed on his wife and he barely noticed Violet who was standing behind her. He was about to pull her in to a tight embrace as a young man came through the door carrying groceries. He stopped mid movement and fumbled franticly with the towel as he almost dropped it. He smiled sheepishly and nodded. “I’ll go get dressed and meet the lot of you in a moment” He snuck in a quick kiss to her cheek before turning around with a flustered look to his face as he muttered “if I knew where I put them” He lit up with a childish grin as he spotted them hanging over the backrest of a chair and quickly grabbed them and headed upstairs.

With one leg in the black pants and the other half way in he froze up as Haley’s voice echoed through the house “Shane William Lancaster”. He quickly pulled the pants all the way up just in time before she entered the master bedroom clearly upset about something. He looked confused at her as he reached out for the collarless shirt but stopped as he looked in to her eyes. Her normally peaceful blue eyes had an angry spark within them that he had never seen before and her cheeks where colored a deep red. He swallowed dry and took a step towards her. “What did I do?”
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Running with such negative emotion, she found her husband reaching for his shirt. As she stared into his eyes, she had never looked at him in such a way. Normally she had such a loving feeling in her heart for him but right now she was extremely angry at him. Shane it's one thing to come home with you half naked in front of future employees which I cannot fault you for since you weren't expecting them but when I take them to show them the kitchen and I have to scoot them away from dirty clothes and dirt tracking all the way upstairs well that is another matter entirely. She took his arm sternly and walked him over to the dirty clothes basket "You see this basket my dear, it is for your dirty clothes. And if you could kindly remember to wash up outside so dirt doesn't have to get tracked inside the house, I would be most happy.

Haley was so riled up that her face was flush red and she was getting too excited for the baby and started feeling sick. She walked over to the bed to sit down feeling a little dizzy.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

Shane prepared himself for an onslaught he could see coming. It was a surprise to him to see her like this and frankly blamed it partially on the hormones. But honestly he couldn’t be sure. He had never lived with a woman before or any other for that matter. Not since he left his parents house at the age of 13. This was certainly something he had to adjust to and fast. He almost ducked at her harsh tone as she took his arm. He looked from her to the basket and back a few times nodding all along. He tried smiling a little, hoping it would ease her temper just a little. He opened his mouth to answer as Haley backed away to sit down on the bed. She was clearly not feeling well and all thoughts about laundry baskets and dirt was washed away immediately.

He rushed to her side and took her hand. His voice was rattled with concern as he looked at her. “What’s wrong dear? I’m sorry my love. I’ll remember that from now on. I forgot in all the excitement”
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

She heard the worry in his voice but all she could focus on was her stomach not feeling well and her head spinning. I think I...need to lay down. I'm not feeling too well all of a sudden. I'm sorry I got so angry at you, I don't know what came over me.

She tried to lift her legs off the floor but for some reason they felt like heavy weights and then her stomach started taking a dive. Her mouth started to water and she knew what that meant. Suddenly when her legs felt like they couldn't move she got a rush of adrenaline and ran to the bathroom to get sick. She sat on the floor getting sick and feeling very weak. She wasn't sure why she was getting sick because she hadn't gotten sick in two or three weeks. She just held on to the basket that was in the bathroom until she felt it was safe again. She probably looked pale as a ghost.
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

He shook his head lightly and smiled at her as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.”Don’t worry about it my love” He was about to lean in to kiss her cheek as she all of the sudden made a run for the bathroom. He looked flustered after her and slowly got up. He could hear she wasn’t feeling well at all as he placed his hand on the doorknob. He wasn’t sure whether to leave her alone or not. He looked at her as she was holding on to the basket for dear life. He was getting more and more concerned. “I thought you stopped being sick by now?”

Slowly he walked to kneel beside her and brushed the hair from her forehead. All the color had left her face and her clear blue eyes had faded to a dusty blue. He went to get her a soaked cloth and placed it on her forehead. “Maybe this will help a little”
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley hugged to the basket like it was going to run away. As she thought about trying to get up, she started dry heaving into the basket. Shane had put a cloth on her forehead and the coolness really felt good. She set the basket aside and tried to get up but she was so very weak and clumped back down to the floor.

She looked up at Shane, "My love can you carry me to the bed, please" "I'm not up for walking right now. I guess I've been overdoing my training and then getting overly excited pushed my limits."
ShaneLancaster

Post by ShaneLancaster »

He could do nothing but watch helplessly as she started dry heaving in to the basket. He knelt beside her again and looked at her concerned. She tried to get up but slumped back down and he tried to catch her before she fell and hurt herself. He pulled her closer against him and nodded as she spoke. “Of course dear” He picked her up and carried her to the bed where he put her down as gentle as possible. He stayed at her side and waited to see if there was anything she needed or wanted him to go get. He frowned a little “Maybe you should ease up a little on the training for now my love. This is clearly a sign for you to take it slow. I’m sorry I added to your excitement by being such a mess. I guess I’m still not used to not living alone anymore” He smiled at her warmly “Please give me a chance to improve”

He knelt next to the bed and took her hand and kissed the back of it. With his right hand he brushed some hair from her forehead as he looked in to her eyes. “Now what can I do to make you feel better?”
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley lay in his arms resting her head on his chest enjoying the closeness and then he put her on the bed as the coldness of the sheets made her feel somewhat better. She took one of the pillows and hugged them tightly staring into Shane's eyes. She felt bad that he was so worried.

Of course my love, I promise no more training for awhile. I could use a cool cloth on my forehead. I'm feeling really warm right now and maybe when you get back you can lay here with me until I fall asleep. I promise I will rest from now on. Please try not to worry.