A Much Needed Vacation In Bravia (ORP)

Moderator: Community Team

JacobSinopa

A Much Needed Vacation In Bravia (ORP)

Post by JacobSinopa »

It was a nice warm spring day, Jacob had been asked to come and visit bravia, a blatant attempt to get him to move there. He was okay with this,he probably would not move, Aingeal had expressed to him she wished to stay in Fenia even though he hated it, despite their troubles of recent, he loved her, and he was committed to remaining where she was because of that.

The letter was a nice reprieve though, he had grown tired of Fenia, he'd been so immersed in his studies, that he'd hardly come up for air. That and the toxicity of the political environment of Fenia gave him all the more reason to want to leave. He was quiet un-approving of Scarlette for obvious reasons. However, he said nothing as currently in Fenia, one was obliged to their mouths shut, for fear of being thrown in jail over expressing opposing opinion. Jacob settled into the inn, then went on a town for a walk, looking for Sandra, the woman who'd written him and invited him to come for a visit.
Sandra

Re: A Much Needed Vacation In Bravia (ORP)

Post by Sandra »

Sandra was out flying around the trees when she thought she saw Jacob come out of the inn. She had met him in the Tavern a while back. Jacob had been willing to bring wood to Bravia in the past. She wondered maybe he brought some this time. Recently she had written him a letter offering him a place to live as his town had become uninhabitalble.

"Jacob!?! is that you?" Sandra asks when she is across the street from him. She smiles and flies closer more certain it is him. "So good to see you! I am glad you took me up on my offer to come see Bravia. So are you moving here or coming for a visit?"
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Jacob saw Sandra and smiled, Only a visit my friend, but there will be many more. Jacob knew that Bravia was in need of wood, he figured she'd ask about it at some point. Before he left he'd not been able to get any, but perhaps he could arrange a trade. Imperious he heard had just come into a decent shipment of wood. A result of a wood chopping contest ran by their current mayor.

Things may not have been rosy in Fenia, or Imperious for that matter, but there were some who made living there at least bearable some of the time. The mayor was a good friend of his Morghain, he loved and respected her much, though he hand't seen her in quite some time, or her husband Luc. Jacob smiled at Sandra he said, I was just coming to see you for a visit, what are your plans for this wonderful spring day?
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

JacobSinopa wrote: Jacob smiled at Sandra he said, I was just coming to see you for a visit, what are your plans for this wonderful spring day?
Sandra smiles at Jacob, "I was just enjoying this beautiful day. I am working on my field today. We do have a dueling club in town. Would you care to do a few rounds of friendly duels to increase our skills?" Sandra is happy to see Jacob.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Jacob smiles, he lightly nods to her, Sure we can do that, but first, how about a stroll around the market. Jacob was enjoying the warm sun, after months and months of snow and rain. It was very nice to see clear blue skies.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

"Sure" Sandra says and she starts to half walk - half flutter towards the market place. "Oh look over there." Sandra says pointing to the temple. "Have you seen our upgraded temple? It is now a Basilica!" Sandra is proud of all the work the town put into upgrading the temple.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Jacob was not religious in any sense of the word, he didn't even believe in mystic higher power either, so he he'd never cared for temples. But Sandra was his friend, and he thought it might be good to look at the architecture of the building and check out some of the wood work. So he said to her, Lets go see it, how long did you work on it? the last part coming as an afterthought in order to facilitate more conversation.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Sandra flutters happily as they stroll along. "We started the temple upgrade in December and we finished it Februray 19th. It was a lot of work. I did all of the stone masonry work." Sandra says with a bit of pride in her work. "Look at the columns, I think I did a pretty good job." She flies over to the beautiful carpentry work and points out the excellent craftsmanship. "See what great carpenters we have! Oh and you have to see the best part! The blacksmiths did an exceptional job over here on the gold work!!!" Sandra was so involved in showing the temple to Jacob that she did not realize that he was not as excited about the venture as she was.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

There was a smile on his face, as he followed her, what he liked about the temple was indeed the excellent masonry, carpentry and goldsmiths work that was done on the temple. Jacob studied the designs, they were original and unique to Bravian architecture, he quite liked it. Jacob looked at the figures, then he said to Sandra, Tell me about the work, and why these scenes were chosen. His eyes gave off a focus of intensity as he examined even the minute details of the carvings, his mind searching through the knowledge he had to compare it to, the best he could come up with was called the Baroque period of art. Contrast between light and dark, rather dramatic scenes that reached out and attempted to invite the view into the space of the story or concpet displayed.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

"Well, our dioceses celebrates Saint Justina. These scenes depict her life and the things she accomplished in her life." Sandra says getting more serious remembering the class she had with mage Zachrin. "These pictures inspire me to serve and to continue even if I feel discouraged."