Question for mayor candidate(s)

Moderator: Community Team

balerion

Question for mayor candidate(s)

Post by balerion »

Having served as Mayor, Mentor, and Sheriff of Bravia Towne I am curious which individuals would you desire to serve in the positions of Mentor and Sheriff were you elected. I myself do not need the added responsibility of Sheriff while holding the office of Viceroy, this is why I ask.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Thoughtless

Re: Question for mayor candidate(s)

Post by Thoughtless »

I do have a question for you. Why are you running for mayor when you are Viceroy? Shouldn't the two be separate? I think I even read somewhere where you said that you thought councilors shouldn't hold outside office. It seemed a bit strange especially since there was already someone running for mayor.
balerion

Post by balerion »

I am running for mayor because I was asked to by a close friend. I personally do not wish to have the position which is why I voted for you. I said the Rector shouldn't have a Council office in my opinion because the Rectorship is part of the Viceregal Government, even as this city has a law against the Mayor being the Mentor. The Motley Alliance was founded by all three mayors of Bravia to bring accountability to the Viceregal Government, and as thus by no means should councilors not be allowed to be mayor. The Viceroy for the last two terms was the Mayor of Cork.
Shaker of Castles
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

You can say no to people if you don't really want to run or even tell them that you believe you don't need the added responsibility. It doesn't make much sense to say you don't want to be Sheriff and then run for mayor. That would be like me saying that I don't want to be on council, but I want to run for Viceroy.

My point still stands about needing to keep the government levels separate. If Cork doesn't see any need for it, that's their choice. Personally, I think someone shouldn't be leader of two separate levels of our government. Too much power in one set of hands and not enough spread out.
balerion

Post by balerion »

I have to much respect for that person to refuse.
balerion wrote:I am curious which individuals would you desire to serve in the positions of Mentor and Sheriff were you elected.
Shaker of Castles
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

Whether you respect them, love them, or are their best friend, you should always be honest with them. If you don't want it, you can politely decline it. Any true friend would understand and respect your choice.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Be that as it may,
balerion wrote:
balerion wrote:I am curious which individuals would you desire to serve in the positions of Mentor and Sheriff were you elected.
Shaker of Castles
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

I see no reason for the Mentor to not keep serving. As far as Sheriff goes, I will actively search for a person who wishes to fulfill that role.