Our Town Laws

Moderator: Community Team

Thoughtless

Our Town Laws

Post by Thoughtless »

During my term, I have tried hard to make sure that our town laws are followed and that we update them. The town council and I worked together on our new set of laws. They are a work in progress and I think an improvement over the previous laws. If you have suggestions for the town laws, please let me know.
balerion

Re: Our Town Laws

Post by balerion »

Have you considered allowing the people to vote upon the new laws as was done the last time new laws were written?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Interesting Concept maybe the VR should adopt the same thing then.....
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

There are no rules for how law is adopted in the town laws. I think we could ask the people of the town for any changes, but at what rules?

The Viceroyalty doesn't ask for the people's opinion on laws as Grayson pointed out.

I'll ask the town people via a poll to see if they want that power.
balerion

Post by balerion »

I was simply pointing out there was precedent for towne approval of laws from my terms as mayor. As far as citizen involvement in Viceregal action there is already reform underway for the Rector election. Other changes are under consideration and I have long desired more citizen involvement in noncritical Viceregal matters which is why I have been pushing for the reopening of the Viceregal Chamber.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

There is a poll running right now regarding the choice and I'll update everyone once it is finished.
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

Poll Question: Should town laws have to be approved by the residents of Bravia? (Ends May 26, 1652 at 6:31 am)
Results:

Yes. 2/3 Majority of those who vote in a straw poll (25%)
Yes. Simple Majority of those who vote in a straw poll (12.5%)
No. We elect a Mayor to handle this job. (62.5%)