Aishe's Mayor Campaign

Moderator: Community Team

Aishe

Aishe's Mayor Campaign

Post by Aishe »

As election times around again, I have found myself putting my name up in the Mayor Election. This past term, I had to step down as Bravia City has a law stating that a Mayor can only have four terms in a row. But, now that there has been a term between this upcoming one and my last four, I can take office again.

In my time as Mayor, I accomplished many things:
- Town Hall Upgrades
- Wall Upgardes (thanks to our Sheriff at the time)
- Temple Upgrades (thanks to our Deaconess at the time)
- Active Town Council
- Diverse, well-stocked Market

In this upcoming term, my main priority is to focus on the Market. When I started my terms in January, it was in very bad shape and together we all managed to fix it up. Yet, it's crashed again and desperately needs some attention. The initial fix is 'easy', but the long term fix will take some time and help throughout Bravia City.

I am going to continue to promote the forums and taverns in hopes of making a difference in the amount of activity among our citizens.

I really hope you entrust me with a fifth term as Mayor of our beautiful town. It's always been an honour to serve as your Mayor.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post it publicly here or send me a private message.

- Aishe -
Former Mayor of Bravia City
Current Mentor of Bravia City
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]
Thoughtless

Re: Aishe's Mayor Campaign

Post by Thoughtless »

Good luck in your Campaign, Aishe.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Since you desire to focus upon the market, what are the first three steps you will take to rectify the current status of the market?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Thank you, Thoughtless. Good luck as well.

Leave it to you, Bale... :P

The first step would be to closely examine the market and how much on the Market is up by the Town Hall verses the citizens. Step two would be to get anything from the VR that isn't present on the Market that we need (i.e. steaks and fish) and to help take care of anything we have far too much of. Step three is to talk to the citizens once again about selling their products and harvests on the Market instead of keeping them. Sometimes citizens don't even realize that what they have is needed. I've already asked Hawksmoor to make some more butcher knives for the Market a few days back. Communication to the citizens is key, especially when fixing something like the Market -- because the Market is a collective between all of us. The Mayor doesn't hold ultimate power over it, the citizens do. The Mayor can just unite and direct for a better Market. Or at least, if you want a self-sustaining Market that won't suddenly crash like it did this term.

Right now, the Market's supply is alright. (Both Logo and I have worked together with helping Thoughtless repair.) But it's far too temporary. The Town Hall has too many items up. Important items at that, that could easily be supplied by citizens. (i.e. corn, eggs, milk, buckets) I thought, in my last term, that the Market would be able to hold together, but I was wrong. I don't think it had enough time to reach the "self-sustaining" mark, so the change in leadership lead to a downfall. Which isn't necessarily Thoughtless' fault, I'm not trying to say that at all. He's a new Mayor and him and I think very differently. So, the way I maintain the Market is different from him. The Market will always be a struggle and is something that always needs attention.

I hope this answered your question, Bale.

- Aishe -
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
[ Art | Historian ]
balerion

Post by balerion »

No longer being a member of the towne council I enjoy being a private citizen of the towne and asking all sorts of pesky questions. I myself quit being a chicken farmer when placed in competition with the Towne Hall so I very much understand the difficulties associated therewith. I have 29 eggs currently in my inventory but I would make no profit whatsoever in selling them. The use of Viceregal eggs upon the towne market has made any sort of competition impossible unless I were to desire to lose money rather than make it.

Can you tell me exactly what the upgrades to the Towne Hall included? Was it one upgrade, or more?
Shaker of Castles
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Well, the TH put up eggs due to the fact there were no eggs on the Market by players.

And unfortunately, aye. Only one upgrade. (Currently Level Two - unless Thoughtless upgraded it, though I don't believe so.) After that initial upgrade, our resources went into upgrading the walls, Temple, and Market upkeep. I wanted to upgrade it to Level Three and got a decent amount of the jobs done, but we were short on wood still, making the completion not possible.

- Aishe -
[ Art | Historian ]
balerion

Post by balerion »

By no means was I associating the eggy situation with your administration alone.
As far as wood goes I have a bundle of it I am bringing home with me.

How will you improve upon your next term as mayor if you are elected? What new policies would you like to implement if any?
Shaker of Castles
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Oh, I know you weren't. :) It was actually getting better during my last term - citizens were putting their eggs up and the TH had to supply less. :) I was just talking about currently.

Well, I'd really like to finish completing the upgrade to Level Three for the Town Hall for one. Then of course, there's the Market and citizen activity across the board.

As for policies, there's nothing new I can think of at this current time. However, I'd like to get to working with the "Level Assistance" program again. It was a forgotten goal of my... First term, I believe? But amongst the other things, it slipped through my fingers. I do still believe the program's pros outweigh the cons, so it's definitely worth a shot.

I also want to tighten up some of our laws - I've already been contacted by a creature with concern about our laws and I share them. I also believe that the recent court cases and discussion with the PP have showed some flaws in our laws. So, if elected, this is something I definitely intend on working on with the Town Council.

- Aishe -
[ Art | Historian ]
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

To those who voted for me, thank you. I'm excited to me given another chance as the Mayor of our town. To those who didn't vote for me, I hope I can prove that I will be a good Mayor and have another successful term.

Questions, comments, concerns, just let me know.

- Aishe -
Mayoress of Bravia City
[ Art | Historian ]
balerion

Post by balerion »

Do you plan on making the egg market once again competitive? So long as the Towne Hall deigns to sell eggs at a lower price than a former chicken farmer I will never consider farming chickens.
Shaker of Castles