Titles in the Republic of Bravia

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Lum

Re: Titles in the Republic of Bravia

Post by Lum »

Name of Applicant: Lum
Desired Title: Master Blacksmith
Reason for Nomination: I have mastered all classes presently afforded through the University for blacksmithing.

I, Lum, hereby nominate myself for the title of Master Blacksmith. I understand that being nominated for a title in the Republic of Bravia does not guarantee a title, nor guarantee a lifelong title for the nominee. I further understand that the nominee must show irrefutable proof that they are indeed eligible for the requested title.

Signed: Lum
Dated: March 6th, 1657
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

My sincere apologies for the tardiness of my responses on these two applications. Nocturne's title had actually already been bestowed, but when I went to go look at it, I....erm....accidentally removed it. BUT!!!! I replaced it immediately! So sorry, Noct!!!! :oops:
Honor and respect towards Master Stonemason Nocturne
Title of Master Stonemason has been (re)bestowed upon Nocturne. Congratulations!
Honor and respect towards Master Blacksmith Lum
Title of Master Blacksmith has been bestowed upon Lum. Congratulations!
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Name of Applicant: Nocturne
Desired Title: Master Blacksmith
Reason for Nomination: I have mastered all classes presently afforded through the University for blacksmithing.

I, Nocturne, being bored currently, hereby nominate myself for the title of Master Blacksmith. I understand that being nominated for a title in the Republic of Bravia does not guarantee a title, nor guarantee a lifelong title for the nominee. I further understand that the nominee must show irrefutable proof that they are indeed eligible for the requested title.

Signed: Nocturne Shadowborne
Dated: July 3rd, 1657
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

New titles have been created for the Republic by the grace of the Mages, Warden and Senator. Each of these titles is designed to reward extraordinary service to the Viceroyalty, and can be earned through long standing service to the Viceroyalty in a variety of ways.

Citizens of Bravia to be named Senator must meet at least two of the following five criteria.
  • Service on at least 3 Bravian councils
  • Mayor for at least 5 terms in a Bravian city
  • Service in a Bravian army for at least 6 months
  • Fight in a Bravian army against invaders or hostile creatures at least twice
  • Serve in a Bravian temple or cathedral for at least 6 months
In addition, nominated creatures for this title must maintain their primary residence within Bravia and be approved by a simple majority vote of council following the rules laid out in the Bravian constitution. Any Bravian citizen may nominate a creature to become a Senator.

Citizens of Bravia to be named Warden must meet at least three of the following six criteria.
  • Service on at least 6 Bravian councils
  • Mayor for at least 10 terms in a Bravian city
  • Service in a Bravian army for at least 1 year
  • Fight in a Bravian army against invaders or hostile creatures at least four times
  • Serve in a Bravian temple or cathedral for at least 1 year
  • Attain at least three other Bravian titles first
In addition, nominated creatures for this title must maintain their primary residence within Bravia and be approved by a three quarters majority vote of council following the rules laid out in the Bravian constitution. Any Bravian mayor or councilor may nominate a creature to become a Warden.
~ Morjiana Sanchari of Chere ~ Seer, Busybody, Matriarch ~
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

New medals may be awarded following this protocol, per vote of the Council of Bravia.

Any Mayor, Councilor, Rector, Priest, or Deacon may nominate any citizen of Bravia for a Medal to celebrate that citizen's dedication to the welfare of the Viceroyalty. Medals may be awarded to recognize the following:
  • Service to the VR and towns in public office, appointed or elected, acknowledged with the Medal of Service.
  • Defense of the Viceroyalty, acknowledged with the Medal of Valor.
  • Death in defense of the Viceroyalty, acknowledged with the Medal of Heroism.
  • Donations to the Viceroyalty, towns, University, Temple, and Cathedral, acknowledged with the Medal of Charity.
Creatures to be awarded a Medal may request an alternate name for their medal. Both the awarding of the medal and the name of the medal must be approved by a vote of the council following the rules laid out in the Constitution. Medals of Heroism to recognize death in defense of Bravia may also be awarded immediately at the discretion of the People's Representative, without a vote of the Council.
Lum

Post by Lum »

Desired Title: Reverend Father
Reason for Nomination: I have mastered all classes presently afforded through the University for priest skills.

I, Lum, hereby nominate myself for the title of Reverend Father. I understand that being nominated for a title in the Republic of Bravia does not guarantee a title, nor guarantee a lifelong title for the nominee. I further understand that the nominee must show irrefutable proof that they are indeed eligible for the requested title.

Dated: June 5th, 1659
Desired Title: Senator
Reason for Nomination: I have served in more than 3 Bravian councils and more than 6 months in the temple of Paz.

I, Lum, hereby nominate myself for the title of Senator. I understand that being nominated for a title in the Republic of Bravia does not guarantee a title, nor guarantee a lifelong title for the nominee. I further understand that the nominee must show irrefutable proof that they are indeed eligible for the requested title.

Dated: June 5th, 1659
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

The Republic has five new titles to offer to creatures who have sufficiently advanced. For ease, I have included them in a consolidated list of all available titles in Bravia, seen below.

Army Way - Master Sargent
Priest Way - Reverend Mother/Father
State Way - Master Diplomat
Sorcerer Way - Master Sorcerer

Millers - Master Miller
Bakers - Master Baker
Carpenters - Master Carpenter
Butchers - Master Butcher
Weavers - Master Weaver
Blacksmiths - Master Blacksmith

Master Essencer- Mastery of all Essencer knowledge
Master Heartlander- Mastery of all Heartlander knowledge
Master Artisan- Mastery of all Artisan knowledge
Master Weaponmaster- Mastery of all Weaponmaster knowledge
Master Scholar- Mastery of all available university studies

In order to receive these titles, one must be nominated by another or self-nominate. Once the nomination is completed, the individual creature must show proof that they are eligible for the title ((a "screenshot" sent privately to show proof of their completion of classes needed to master a subject)). Once the proof is obtained, unless there is severe objection to the creature holding a title, the title will be bestowed by the current Viceroy of the Republic of Bravia.

Nomination for a Title in the Republic of Bravia
for citizens of Bravia
Name of Applicant:
Desired Title:
Reason for Nomination:

I, [ insert name here ], hereby nominate [ insert name of nominee here ], for the title of [ insert desired title here ]. I understand that by nominated this creature for a title in the Republic of Bravia that this does not guarantee a title for said creature, nor guarantee a lifelong title for the nominee. I further understand that the nominee must show irrefutable proof that they are indeed eligible for the requested title.

The nominee, after sending irrefutable proof* of eligibility, understands that they must accept this nomination, and upon acceptance of this nomination, understands that the title may not be given due to severe objection** by one or more elected councilors of the Republic of Bravia.

Signed:
Dated:

* Irrefutable proof includes, but is not limited to, a notarized letter sent to the Council of the Republic of Bravia from the Rector of the University of Bravia ((screenshot of the nominated creature's skills showing that all levels of the nominated title's classes have been completed to 100%)). The Rector will receive this information directly from the nominated creature ((Creature --> Rector --> Council)).

** Severe objection includes but is not limited to, crimes against the Republic. For this same reason, a title may be stripped from a creature. In addition, a title may be stripped from a creature if they choose to leave the lands of Bravia in order to seek citizenship in another land.

Additionally, the Republic offers these titles recognizing ongoing service to the Viceroyalty.
Citizens of Bravia to be named Senator must meet at least two of the following five criteria.
  • Service on at least 3 Bravian councils
  • Mayor for at least 5 terms in a Bravian city
  • Service in a Bravian army for at least 6 months
  • Fight in a Bravian army against invaders or hostile creatures at least twice
  • Serve in a Bravian temple or cathedral for at least 6 months
In addition, nominated creatures for this title must maintain their primary residence within Bravia and be approved by a simple majority vote of council following the rules laid out in the Bravian constitution. Any Bravian citizen may nominate a creature to become a Senator.

Citizens of Bravia to be named Warden must meet at least three of the following six criteria.
  • Service on at least 6 Bravian councils
  • Mayor for at least 10 terms in a Bravian city
  • Service in a Bravian army for at least 1 year
  • Fight in a Bravian army against invaders or hostile creatures at least four times
  • Serve in a Bravian temple or cathedral for at least 1 year
  • Attain at least three other Bravian titles first
In addition, nominated creatures for this title must maintain their primary residence within Bravia and be approved by a three quarters majority vote of council following the rules laid out in the Bravian constitution. Any Bravian mayor or councilor may nominate a creature to become a Warden.
Esmaralda

Post by Esmaralda »

Nomination for a Title in the Republic of Bravia
for citizens of Bravia
Name of Applicant: Esmaralda
Desired Title: Master Artisan, Master Baker, Master Miller
Reason for Nomination: I'm pretty good at this crafting stuff and I want a letter nailed to my wall to remind me that I am. You know, self-affirmation and all.

I, Esmaralda, hereby nominate myself , for the title of Master Artisan, Master Baker and Master Miller. I understand that by nominated this creature for a title in the Republic of Bravia that this does not guarantee a title for said creature, nor guarantee a lifelong title for the nominee. I further understand that the nominee must show irrefutable proof that they are indeed eligible for the requested title.

The nominee, after sending irrefutable proof* of eligibility, understands that they must accept this nomination, and upon acceptance of this nomination, understands that the title may not be given due to severe objection** by one or more elected councilors of the Republic of Bravia.

Signed: Esmaralda
Dated: 4/11/2020
See here, proof of my artistry!

Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Your titles have been granted. Congratulations, and many thanks for your contributions to the Republic!
Esmaralda

Post by Esmaralda »

Thank you!