[RP] Songbird Cottage home of Lyskard and Louisa

Moderator: Community Team

Lyskard

Re: [RP] Songbird Cottage home of Lyskard and Louisa

Post by Lyskard »

Lys carried the young cub in his arms through their front door. The sooner he was able to completely check the young animal over, the sooner he would be able to set the injured limb. Laying the cub on the thick soft blanket Louisa set on the table, Lys gently ran his fingers through the fur and over the skin beneath, keep an eye on the cub for any reaction. Satisfied that throughout his examination, the cub showed no discomfort to his probing fingers, he the turned his attention to the broken leg. What pleased him was the fact the bone had not punctured the skin. Taking a firm hold of the leg in both hands either side of the break, Lys gently stretched the limb to align the broken bone. Satisfied he had the break positioned as best he could, Lys gently slid one hand down to cover the jointing break. Then taking out the two thin twigs he had picked up on their way back, placed one beneath his fingers and the other under his palm.Taking the strips Louisa offered him he bound the twigs either end against the leg to stop any possible disalignment while the bone set. With another couple of strips he finished the banaging off, then ending with the blue strip Louisa gave.

Once the cub had been made comfortable, Lys looked at his handiwork, then a smile played at the corners of his mouth as both patient and medic viewed first the bulky dressing then each other. Slowly Lys bent his knees to lower himself to the cub. With a soft soothing voice he said... I know it looks cumbersome little one, but you will thank me when your able to walk on it again..Now how would you like some thing to drink Mmmm ? Turning to look towards Louisa who was preparing some milk, Lys couldn't help noticing the soft warm smile she gave him. No words were exchanged between them but what he interpreted gave him a warm feeling. Bringing the warmed milk to the cub, Louisa placed the small container close to the cub. Without any encouragement, the youngster began lapping at the milk. Placing his arm around his wife's waist, Lys soft spoke Sweetheart, I do believe our young friend is going to be just fine.

Over the next few weeks the cub thrived under the care of Lys and Louisa. By the end of a month to there joy the cub was gingerly walking on all four legs. Then after a further two weeks was playfully running around the kitchen. Pretty sure the crux moment was here, Lys picked the cub up, laid him on his lap to remove the dressing. Not as easy as it sounds, not to this youngster, he much prefered to get in on the act himself. starting by unwrapping the blue bandage, the cub took the end in it's teeth and tugged. Laughing at it's antics lys said Let me remove it first ,then you can have it as a souvenir.. Now either the cub failed to understand english, or he felt better qualified than Lys. The pursuing tug of war with the bandage had both Louisa and Lys in laughter. Finally after five minutes between them, they managed to win the battle with the cub.....and that was just the blue bandage !!