[ORP] Dream-mire Chalet: Teide's Home

Moderator: Community Team

Genova

Re: [ORP] Dream-mire Chalet: Genova and Teide

Post by Genova »

Genova has left the house and has not come back for days. A messenger knocked at Teide's house with a letter from Gen.

Dear Teide,

I am now in Fenia and I'm facing a trial in Fenia. The court has a treason case against me. I am not denying what I did and if worse comes to worst, you can have my belongings. And if you can, please keep an eye on my brother.

I'll be honest, I'm scared. I don't want to die. But I must face my fate and accept the consequences of my actions.

I am very thankful to have a friend like you.

Your friend,
Gen
((ooc: RP of the trial and punishment can be seen here: http://www.secfenia.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=33 ))
Teide

Re: [ORP] Dream-mire Chalet: Genova and Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide from the moment she read the letter left for Fenia dragging Mr. Miller in tow.
Teide

Re: [ORP] Dream-mire Chalet: Teide's Home

Post by Teide »

Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Teide had been home a few weeks now but she never ventured outside of her study. She avoided Genova's area of the house like one would a fatal disease. The feeling of emptiness and loneliness all the more heavy now. Returning here...was it the right thing to do? Genova had put the last of her efforts into building their home together.....it was supposed to be a new beginning. The funny thing about beginnings was.....they never had an ending. The urn sat on her desk collecting dust from the surrounding books. Teide dared not move it. She paced her study step by step. Her breathing fell ragged as her chest constricted under the pressure in her heart. Each step was slow and dragged...time was no different. Each second was dragged from hell. Her eyelids drooped heavily. Her head bobbed with tiredness. Dreams were no solace. Every time she saw it again, the hangman and the executioner's hood. The jeers of insults....the cheers as the rope tightened on her lovely neck. Wings of fire bursting out struggling....Teide shook her head trying to forget but she never would. It was hopeless...even if she lived ages she would never forget. The pain still stung so great her heart raced and is hurt....it hurt so much she clutched her chest slipping to her knees sobbing all over again. The cobra hound scratched at the door again sensing her master's despair....but Teide didn't let anyone in. She was an empath and no ordinary one. She felt emotions as keenly as if they were here own and when she was in great floods of emotion she burdened everyone around her just as greatly.

Teide felt hot and hated all these wretched layers of clothing. She cried not with just sorrow....anger filled her, frustration and bottled up hatred. Her study was a mess. Contraptions of scientific and diagrams of magical study were scattered and tinkering about in ever nook and cranny. She spent hours crying off and on. In vain hope Teide had ceased drinking liquids. Perhaps then she would not have any more tears to shed.....but when the sobbing returned all that happened was she ended up choking on air. Trying to push away the memories but then her soul felt naked....another nightmare forced upon her when she did collapse in exhaustion. Amladris...laying in bed slipping away dying and no matter what she tried....he was dying in front of her and she was helpless. No matter what she tried....she just worsened it. Her touch....her magic was killing him. She was killing him and she was helpless to stop.

She woke up in sweat and her heart racing all over again. The burning inside grew within her and wrecked her with pain. Her stomach stuck to her ribs but she had no desire to eat. Tearing off the cloak, cowl and any loose clothing she threw it into the fireplace and watched them go up in flames. The fire licked at her face as she sat rocking back and forth. The fire within cooled and chilled her to the bone. Her left arm ached and the black skin was sunk in like a corpse, twisted like old ragged leather. The veins up to her shoulder were bright blue, the gray skin lost all it's luminescence. Another shock of pain ran up her arm and twisted down into her spine. It throbbed with agony. A headache poured through her temples flooding her eyes with fresh pain. Bloodshot, blind eyes blinked unseeingly into the blazing fireplace, hour after hour. Another day passed by with silent screams and sobbing, then emotionless staring. In her blind world the passage of time lost meaning.

Only sleeping when she become too exhausted to force her eyes open anymore. Another nightmare....this time a blood soaked sack....carried around like a piece of garbage. Inside she knew....the head of his enemy but....the head of her friend. Executed over his own foolish tongue and stubborn pride....his head in a sack....the body unknown left for the ravens and coyotes to pick at. Roger treated death so casually.....while she was left to feel the void and face the reality of his death...she tossed and turned as she recalled each time he died and the crippling cruel fear that the next time was his last.

Again waking up gasping for air. Her eyes darted about fruitlessly still entrenched in darkness. The smell was getting to her. The scattered pieces of corpses Nova had delivered to her. Teide got up and tried to busy her tortured mind in her work. Bits of dried saliva and flakes of skin were collected from her victims containing traces of Nova. Teide applied her knowledge of alchemy to the task of trying to find out more about the strange Fallen created substance called Nova. In great degrees they shared similarities. Both were reconstructed and changed by the Fallen. While Nova showed some resistance to Teide's magic touch she refused to mix their blood. It was a test Teide laboriously applied herself to mostly to distracted herself from her nightmares and the physical agony. Most of this a cruel misery was the aftermath of using her powers to retrieve Mr. Miller from the time pocket after Genova's death. Her daemonic side was straining against the seals, barriers and locks Teide had grafted into her body to hide the truth. Her blindness tied to her struggle against the blood of the Fallen and daemon manifesting within her. Teide refused to allow the madness or the blood lust take her. Determined to keep her will and freedom it was a constant struggle against the mere pain of living and the torture her own mind was conjuring up ripping up her worst memories and forcing her to relive them moment by moment....the grief of losing her best friend, or losing past friends and family and even the present fear of losing more all served in the stress her body was putting her through.

When she couldn't concentrate anymore as the anger and frustration against her helplessness got to her she overturned her tables full of beakers and potions. Taking a hammer she shattered a mirror, windows, chairs, bookshelves and works in progress just to hear the sweet sound of breaking. Swinging it around with reckless abandonment until shards of glass bit into her bare-feet and crunched under her skin. The metallic scent of blood filled her nose and breathing raggedly she dropped the hammer to the ground with a final thud. Her mind was somewhere else as she fell onto her knees. The stinging shards slipping into her skin felt good. The pain felt good. As Teide began to breath more evenly she began to laugh. Grabbing large shattered pieces into her hands she squeezed and let the hot course of blood flow through her fingers. She laughed hysterically.

"Have you gone mad finally? Do you finally get it? Life is painful, agonizing....tedious. Give it up to me. How many memories....disappointments and nightmares can you survive you stupid elf? I can take over...you can sleep and feel no more hurt. You don't have to feel anything...."

Teide felt the cold fingers entwine around her neck. The fireplace blazed on stoked by the numerous items Teide had thrown to feed it's appetite in the course of her weeks shut away. The fire light touched her casting the daemonic shadow behind her. For weeks since she'd opened up the nexus within her left hand...drawing on the forbidden magics. Her shadow self had awakened and was more determined than ever in this weakness to force the active half of consciousness to break....she wanted out and she had no feeling. All the shadow wanted was to consume, to be entertained and to her life was a joke. Sometimes aspects of her and the the half Teide has always known entwined....but this shadow self....no...power, blood, rage....lust. She didn't know love, decency nor respected anything but power and lived on fear and souls. But Teide was not afraid of her....she was afraid of what the shadow self was merely a prelude to. Teide could feel the deeper seals on her soul. The ones her parents cast on her...ones not even Zunian forbidden magics could break. Something sleeping within her....waiting.

Teide laughed at all the ironies, pains, nightmares and pathetic tries her shadow was trying, as she felt the pain grinding into her skin it was then she fully realized.....

"I'd rather have anger and agony. It's better than the misery of stopping completely. I never want to be numb. I know happiness doesn't work. I know I cannot stop life from casting more stripes on my back. I also know pain reminds me I'm still alive and I think I like it a little rough. Cast the nightmares upon me. Throw me into madness and fear. Show me all your hells. Burn me alive, poison me, freeze me, sicken me. Only when I have known every atrocity, torture and despair will I drink all the more deeply of love and peace. Bring me the sweetest chaos. I hate boredom." Teide dropped the shards of glass and pushed a keg of troll oil she had for experimentation down upon the mess and let it catch it fire. Teide stepped back and as the blood and smoke filled her, her blind eyes opened up, "We died in fire the first time....remember? Tonight something else will die. I'm tired of letting you push me around." she smiled grabbed Genova's urn then turned and closed the door behind her. She let it burn. Casting a rune of protection, the barrier kept the fire from consuming the other half of the house...the part Genova built. But all the sadness, frustration she let go in her half to burn down.

The funny thing about beginnings is they have no ending.

Teide for the first time saw the room with unblinded eyes. "Genova....it's beautiful. Time we went to visit your brother." Teide smiled. Once again she had won the battle. For another day she would be in control....let the shadow self keep trying....at least this way she was never lonely having two personalities. Another mental note to hire a carpenter to handle the damages. She had a feeling there would be a lot.
Last edited by Teide on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lilithe

Post by Lilithe »

Lilithe ran into Maria and tagged her. "You it! Find me! Find me!" Maria, Teide's steward, seemed a bit frustrated with the 4 year old. Lilithe ran away giggling like mad. "Is Tee Dee playing soon?" Maria seemed to mutter something along the lines of "not soon enough"
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide was sitting on the porch watching her flowers and little Lilithe play with Maria, torturing her. It was amusing and peaceful to watch a child frolic. There was little she loved more than pure innocence. No motives, malice or awkward intentions. The untainted innocence of a small child was priceless. Teide watched as Maria dropped her work and walked after the child. In the beginning Teide had hired her to clean house and the fields. Since livestock was hard to come by she had a lot of free time. It had been easy since Teide was often gone or locked away in her lab. It had been an easy job with little stress and lots of cleaning. She was regularly annoyed and grumpy cleaning up the messes but it was liveable. Then Teide brought home the sleeping child and said.

"You have to little to do. Here, when I'm gone Lilithe is your responsibility. Anything happens to her and you're sushi like your predecessors."

No empty threat Teide had a reputation as a difficult employer but the Worgen had persisted anyway and landed the job. Unlike the others Teide did not mind her race as long as she did her work. The Worgan followed after the little girl and then got an idea. She tagged Teide on the shoulder and growled, "You're it." she went back to her work on the stairs.

Teide got up leaving her peace tea and smiled. "Ready or not here I come."
Lilithe

Post by Lilithe »

Lilithe giggles and ran away. "Catch me, Tee-dee! Catch me!" Running around, she found a couch and face planted into it.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide grimaced as Lilithe face planted into the patio 'couch' which was more of a wicker bench with a slight cushion that Maria took out for sunny days to nap on. It probably smelled like wet wolf. The sun was bright and the flowers were in full bloom as they played outside on the porch of the chalet. Teide smelled and got a glint of mischief in her eye. She set her tea cup down and slowly and casually walked in calculated and pronounced steps towards the wicker couch.

"Ohhhh I wonder where she could be? Is she under this couch?"

Teide came right alongside the couch and made a slow motion to look under the couch then swiftly faking a duck moved to tickle the little child's sides.
Ghost_of_Genova

Post by Ghost_of_Genova »

Genova walked the road that she used to tread when she was alive. There mere fact that she was there made her smile. She almost skipped as she entered the very familiar house. She started to smile when she noticed that half of the house was burned. She blinked and rubbed her eyes. "What happened here?" She wondered and entered the better part of the house.

When she stepped inside, a wave of emotions wrapped around her. She felt the happy memories that Teide and her shared at that house. She smiled with the realization that Teide kept her part of the house intact and untouched. It felt as if she never left.

She sat on the chair and waited for her friend.

An hour passed and Teide was not yet home. Thus, Genova got up and went to search for her friend.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Chapter 2: Starting From Scratch

Teide returned for a couple days to Widu just to do a few duels and see about her store. Recently her heart had been heavy with concern and yet....all she wanted to do was distance yourself from those emotions. It seemed swallow and cruel but she had kept her sanity by not involving herself with others but she kept being drawn in. She was tired of games, love and all those wretched emotions caused. Strange because coming home rarely gave her solstice. After Genova died it became a prison of memories she want to forget now...Genova was back and had been waiting. Teide for the last twenty days had been running away. After she died Teide had emotionally killed herself again and again with the guilt that never went away. Karcier was dead....now Faia. She had hired contractors to fix the half of the house she had destroyed and was building children's rooms. She had to stop running away...she had to grow up. She had to face her fears and pains. She had learned to enjoy them as something to grow from. With every stripe she would be stronger and wiser.

"Maria...tell the contractor to build them on the downstairs level. I don't want to worry about stairs with children afoot."

The worgen growled and raised a brow unsure why her mistress was building rooms. She knew what they all thought. Was she pregnant? Definitely not....one needed a second party for that and she wasn't in the habit of renting out space. No, Teide was preparing her home....to be a home. Either to her neices or nephews....or to Karcier's children....if they needed a home if the rumors were true and she hoped she was wrong. Teide for all her thorns and eccentricities had a certain spot in her heart....that if you had a key you would see all the compassion she could give. It would not be forced or pried into. You had to have the key...and if you broke your lock it was shut. She might open the door a little but once trust was gone....it would never return the same. Now all she could give was.....nothing.

She sighed as she sat on the chair and Maria brought her some tea. Teide began to think aloud, "Everyone is marooned on their own little island of pain but they are so busy making smoke signals they fail to see the lifeline dangling in front of them." she looks for Genova. "Sorry I was so distracted with my issues....I just....have been alone so long I can't comprehend them anymore. I've got to grow out of this....I'm broken and shattered to my very soul. I am more at ease with the dead rather than the living...I just see all those flaws that make people interesting and infuriating...and not I'm just frustrated...I wish to be alone....but misery loves company loves more....than you are stuck all over again." she slams her head against the table....at least she could see now but current methods of maintaining sanity were.....unorthodox, "Am I volatile and depressing? I ought to shove a hot poker up someone's hindquarters if anyone thinks that." she grumbled into her tea. "Well it doesn't matter what they think I am confident enough in myself I don't need anyone's approval. I really need to stabilize....but the blasted dark elf is taking his sweet time. Even if my soul were stable my emotions have been so tore to high water that I only trust a few including you. Oh..." she messes up her hair, "Between my family and friends they all have ways of making me want to stuff a beehive down their pants...drama drama drama....and I like a good drama but really have you seen how everyone is acting....I'm preobably not any better but say it straight and heaven forbid they want to hear the truth....." she mutters again.... "That's it...my brain is broken....confusing humanity."
Last edited by Teide on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teide

Post by Teide »

“I think that the best thing we can do for our children is to allow them to do things for themselves, allow them to be strong, allow them to experience life on their own terms, allow them to take the subway... let them be better people, let them believe more in themselves.”
― C. JoyBell C.

------------------------------------

Teide decided that day to make a list of chores and a daily to weekly schedule for the children. Though Teide herself thrived in chaos and disorder there was a side to Teide meticulous and orderly. Children needed routine to thrive and better adjust themselves to new situations. So Teide had taken it upon herself to take an active interest in the twin's lives.
The mornings would start at 7:30 am with waking up and making beds. 7:35 am would be breakfast. Either Maria or Teide would make breakfast and their lunches depending on whether Teide was in town. At 7:50-8 am they would brush their teeth and get dressed for the day. At 8:15 am the children would go with Maria into town. Teide had enrolled them in the town's school where she hoped Alexis and Theo would make friends. If not Teide had given Alexis a list of harmless pranks that would teach possible rivals to think twice about messing with her twins. This accomplished easy transition without the use of force and limited bullying. For after school activities Teide had called in a couple favours to friends from the old Thieves Guild in Bravia. Setting her up with some local retired contacts she had lined up Alexis some useful classes. After school, around 2:30 pm, Maria would pick them up in the cart to their after school classes.

For Alexis she had a Stealth class on Tuesday, Lock-picking class on Thursday, and every two weeks on Saturday Teide, herself, would take Alexis to a Pickpocket Class. For Theo Teide intended a much simplier schedule due to his emotional state. On Tuesday he would study self-defence and Thursday was a swimming class. Being half vampire he was stronger and faster than other children but...very fearful. Teide wanted a teacher for Theo he trusted...in the first few weeks he had shut himself away. After their classes ran from 3pm-4pm Maria would take the children home and give them time to play until dinner time at 6pm. They would wash dishes and be doing homework by 7pm. After their homework was checked and finished they could play until bedtime at 9:30 pm. Of course they had to brush their teeth before bed. Full House Clean Up was Sundays where they were required to clean their rooms. Alexis was to sweep the house and Theo was to dust.

Teide wanted the children to have time for friends, play and simply being children while giving them a routine they would learn to take care of themselves and the value of responsibility. Teide would reorganized her schedule as they grew and their interests changed. If Alexis wanted to learn to cook or Theo wanted to be a mage or artist instead...that was fine. As long as they learned to do what they loved while having the basics of martial training and schooling. After all the world outside Teide's door was rather blood-thirsty. Still they were recovering from the loos of their parents. Some activities to busy their sad minds but not overwhelm.

Teide sat back and looked over her schedule with satisfaction and got up from the desk in her study. Her half of the house had been repaired. Everything was clean though Teide kept a volume of newspaper clippings of the Rebellion and following the events of Widu through to the Hanging of Genova. The flowers Genova chose were dried and pressed in the pages of her scrapbook containing these, along with a lock of Genova's hair. Another volume of Karcier's letters, interviews and articles sat on top of it in the drawers of her desk. Her memories safely tucked away, the upstairs of Genova's half were still out of bounds but as the chalet had welcomed children it began to look and feel lived in, no longer frozen in time. The bones and ash swept away. Teide allowed no bloody things in the Chalet. That was for the closed part of the butcher's shop. Shelves lined her study full of books and notes she rather have at home.

Image(Click to the Picture to Enlarge)

Teide left the study and started down the stairs to the children's room. She peeked in to see if they were under foot. As soon as she opened the door she knew Alexis wasn't in the room. She had not been mauled by Alexis' faithful pet Bubbles. Had Teide known the twins would live her some day she would've never given Karcier her failed experiment. Bubbles was a hyperactive Cobra Hound that was about as mean as wet toilet paper. Having been a mixture of mabari hound and black spitting cobra Teide had hoped for something a bit more threatening. Instead Bubbles ended up imprinting on the little girl and was always with her. Teide looked around the room and saw no one. Alexis took the bottom bunk and Theo the top. The room was scattered with toys and the toy box in the corner almost empty. Bubbles blanket was shoved under Alexis' bed. The beastie liked to sleep on the floor next to her. Since the children were out Teide posted the schedule on the wall up high where neither Alexis or Bubbles could reach it. When the twins were older she would give them separate rooms right now they needed each other.

Next Teide made her rounds to the kitchen and put up another copy of the schedule and the list of chores. Placing a written note on the table for Maria to read about the schedule changes, Teide knew this would change her chop times. Unfortunately Teide did not have a proper nanny and if she could manage to find someone...Teide had a feeling not just anyone would do for the twins. Slowly Teide had begun to realise something. She stared out the kitchen window out into the garden. There they were. Alexis and Bubbles were searching for treasure digging up the garden. Theo was looking out at the world from the safety of the patio chair. Teide had never lived for anyone else before....not really. No one had ever really depended on her. Unpredictable, fickle Teide was amusing. She had done whatever Genova asked out of love and helped Karcier but children were different....and Teide felt a keen pain in her chest remembering a certain baby almost 4 years ago. For the first time since Genova had died....Teide had something to protect, something to lose. She was now vulnerable. It scared her and yet it made Teide wonder and want to be better, want to be whole. She watched the children play outside with a sense of worry, Lilithe had returned to her own parents. Teide had not seen Genova's ghost in a long time. Watching Alexis and Theo, she wanted to give them every opportunity that Teide had been denied as an orphan. Teide sat down at the counter looking out at them and she wanted them to be happy and maybe she would try again for herself to be happy.

Image(Click to the Picture to Enlarge)