[RP] A Home Coming

Moderator: Community Team

thorn

Re: [RP] A Home Coming

Post by thorn »

Thorn looked at the cat and frowned, his first question making her realise how little he knew.

How do you know?
she looked at him, a look of puzzlement in her face. I wanted to learn more of the so called powers I hold, or should know...

If there are then I don't know what or how,
Thorn said, thinking that the only way she could have learnt for sure about herself was from her sister. Her sister had used the powers from the minute she had found out about them.

I don't understand, she said looking at the cat. Written... oh you mean... I keep a journal, in it a little about the time I was shown... other realms.

Thorn looked at the cat realising he knew more about her than she could understand how.

How do you know this? Who are you? she blurted out.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Duke looks disapproving as a result of Thorns first though and huffs another sigh from between his nostrils.

[How do I know what? What you want? The same way you know what I want.]

[You do not yet. Fear not; you will.]

[Indeed.]

[You thought about it last night]

[That question has already been answered.]
thorn

Post by thorn »

Thorn saw the look and listened quietly to him, refusing to be baited into retorting. She was unsure what was gonig on, how he had arrived, and knew to come there, and Thorn decided that things would work themselves out. She sighed thinking to herself if they did not, then so be it. She did not expect anything. Why would she when all she had ever learnt about people was that words were cheap. People lied, or rarely kept to their side of agreements.

I guess you wish to set me tasks? Cause me headaches by not speaking what you mean too?
she said scathingly. If you wish to speak to me then speak plainly. Don't beat around the houses cat. You just prolong understanding.

I think a lot, so how do I shut you out without having to sit and play the piano all day?
she asked. I want some thoughts to be my own.

And no who are you as in what are you? she asked in exasperation. I know you're a cat, and your name... but what are you, at least to me?

Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Duke looks surprised at her question?
[Tasks?
No, not really.
At least not set FOR you.
You tend to set and undertake tasks of your own making and accord.
My job is to be a companion during those task.]

[You scathe at me too much.
You of all people should remember it desn't feel good to be scathed at.]

[You are smart enough to figure me out. Do you doubt it?]

[We can practice that first if you wish.
How to keep me; and anyone else, out.
The first step is merely to shield your surface thoughts; keep them from leaking out when you are not otherwise directing them at someone.]

[Better. Much better. Very good. I
If you do not want the answer as another bunch of images and sensations, I will need a moment to try and compose the answer otherwise.]

Duke settles down and closes his eyes slightly.
thorn

Post by thorn »

Thorn listened quietly to everything Duke had to say, in his answering her, and his explanations. She looked at him and wondered why her. None of it made sense to her.

Alright, it that's what you want, she said looking at the cat and wondering if she would ever have choseb an animal as a companion. Thorn had found all in the end left or turned nasty. She wondered now...

Thorn looked at the cat as the rebuke hit home, and blushing in anger she stood up and walked to a window to look out, upset at his words.

The suggestion that they practice keeping people out of her mind made Thorn look round at the cat, considering it, but she was unsure.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Having composed his thoughts properly Duke begins to reply.
[Alright. Here is what i can manage with humanoid words:

You have sought answers to many questions. Have you vainly sought or sought in vain? The answer is no.
You have journeyed far and long and for a long time. Your journeys have brought you across the very barriers of the worlds.

You were noticed: by the powers that be. You were tested. You were given trials to overcome, and you have done so successfully.
Now you have been given reward. You have been sent a gift. You have been allowed to come in to the answers that you seek. The powers that be from both sides of the veils have granted you this.

What I am depends on you. I can be as nothing, empherical as dreamstuff and shadows; or I can be as solid as granite stone. I can be as soft as any ordinary cat, or as hard as diamonds should need arise - or your wish. I am here by your acceptance and only you have the power to keep me or to send me away. As long as you wish it to be so, I will help you to discover what lies ahead. I will be with you when you when it comes time to face it.]
thorn

Post by thorn »

Thorn looked at the cat and listened to him quietly. When he finished talking she sat thinking over what he said, frowning slightly as she questioned herself.

There have been no answers... and when I have been near to an answer something has prevented it, she said quietly, but she looked at the cat frowning. Powers that be? What are you talking about? she asked.

Thorn stood up and moved away from the fire, moving to the window nearest, looking out silently to calm her mind. He was her reward, or gift? She did not understand what he meant, what he was saying.

I don't know what to do, Thorn whispered, turning back to the cat. Try to understand, I mean no insult. it's just...

Thorn shook her head sighing, unable to put into words at that moment what lay in her mind.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

[Yet. There have been no answers yet. There shall be.]

[Obstacles. Some things you can accomplish best in a group that would otherwise seem impossible to do alone.]

[The Powers that be? Think of them as... hmmmm?
Actually, I don't think I can describe them in humoinoid terms.
I'll have to show you again, when you are ready for me to.]

[I know. I will help you now.]
thorn

Post by thorn »

Thorn looked at Duke silently as he told her there would be answers. She was less sure. She had faced so many obstacles that she had come to expect them, to wait almost.

Group? When you don't have anyone with which to rely on, or to trust... Everyone turns their back in the end, or turn out to be fake, Thorn thought to Duke, frowning gently. I do alone.

Thorn waved of his comment about powers, turning away again to the window. It doesn't matter, she thought.

Thorn looked at the cat as he told her he would help. She looked questioningly at him, silent. Thorn moved back to her chair and sat down.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

[Group. - Yes.]
[That problem is no longer relevant.]

Duke pauses suddenly and blinks.

[Unless of course you are still considering yourself within that same assessment?]
[We are not at the end. This is only the middle of your story.]
[So, what? Does that have any bearing on achieving your own aims?]
[Well, if you want to 'do' successfully, or at least in a timely enough and less burdonsome manner, then you will 'do' with some company.]

[What doesn't matter? That the eternal beings who shaped this and the other realms have noticed you?
You are not impressed to have impressed the incarnations of light and darkness?
Possibly, even the one of time?]

Duke looks at thorn.
[You'd make a fine cat.]
A slight wave of approval is projected at Thorn.

[Well, at any rate, I am not here to argue the point with you.
If you want to learn magick, I will act, among other things, as focus for you to practice and master your skills.
If you don't want to learn magick anymore, then I will happily laze about doing nothing at all but to chase the occasional pesky mouse.]