[RP] A Home Coming

Moderator: Community Team

thorn

Re: [RP] A Home Coming

Post by thorn »

Thorn looks in disbelief for the longest moment at the disgusting hairball, and then as quickly as it appeared, she grabbed the cat unceremoniously and dumps him on the floor.

Disgusting... she hissed, pulling the handkerchief she always carried up her sleeve and brushing of the hair ball from her skirt onto the floor.

And you think I'd allow a ball of fluff to sleep on my bed?
she shivered thinking of the fleas, and the molting fur.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Duke lands gracefully upon his feet.
[You seem to have picked up some bad habits from your time with 'they who must not be named'.
It is a nasty thing to call someone names.
I am not a bag or a ball, I am a cat - and fleas are for DOGS.]
thorn

Post by thorn »

I made it clear no mention of that breed, no matter how you think to be 'clever' in your reference, is to be made in this place, or near me.

Angrily Thorn glared at the cat.

If you can talk to me as you are, then you also know better than hacking up that mess, she said indicating the hairball on the floor. Uncalled for, she said starting to get upset for some reason. And not very friendly.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

[You can not dismiss an entire race over the experience you have with some.
You will doubtlessly encounter others again in the future and if you are to learn how to counter them or then they will have to be referenced somehow.]

[Tit for tat. I will apologize if you will.]
thorn

Post by thorn »

When I am ready, I will deal with that 'race', but not before.

Thorn looked at the cat and was saved from further comment by Kathryn entering carrying a tray.

Toast and fresh orange juice Ma'am, she said setting the tray onto the table by Thorn's chair. Plus tea, and if you want cook is happy to cook you bacon, egg, mushrooms, for a warm breakfast...

No, toast is fine thank you.

Kathryn nodded, knowing it was pointless to argue. I will be back directly with some cornmeal for the cat.

With that Kathryn turned and left the morning room and Thorn turned to the tray and picking up a slice of toast she took a bite.

No more hairballs because you don't like something and I will call you 'cat', she thought to Duke, just as Kathyn returned with a dish, setting it before the fire. Turning the young woman left.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

[True.]

[Agreed.]
Duke pads over the hair ball picks it up with the front of his jaws and with a twist of his neck, he tosses it into the fire to burn harmlessly up.

Dukes dips his head to the corn meal and laps it up slowly.
When finished he takes some moments to wash himself clean with his tongue.
He then turns and sits back on his hind legs looking at Thorn.

[We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot.
Shall we take this from the top?]
thorn

Post by thorn »

Thorn watched as the cat moved to the hairball, watching as it was thrown into the fire. What the cat did was uncalled for and something she found disgusting. Thorn ate her toast quietly, wondering how the cat had known where to find her, and why. It was not as if Thorn had been much interested in learning much at that time. Seeing the cat eating Thorn stayed quiet, and drank her tea once the toast was gone. She liked quiet breakfasts. A calm relaxing start to a day was something Thorn had enjoyed in the past, and now she was back in Fenia she looked forward to things going back to before in some ways.

When the cat sat back and looked at Thorn, she looked back silently, and when she heard him she looked pensive.

Start again? You mean till the next time, Thorn said quietly. Yesterday I had only just arrived when you began to bombard me with ideas, and images. I was already tired from the journey, and then when I didn't understand you, I was berated? We can start again, but know one thing. If I don't understand, or get tired, let me have space. Let me process whatever it is in my time.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

[No, through the next time too.]

[You asked, I answered.][That is the way the power works.][It is far more taxing to form words like this then it is to just show you what I mean. You need the practice at interpretation too.]

[What? I didn't berate you.]

[I had thought you'd be tired of waiting by now. If you prefer it though, then that is no problem. I have infinite patience.]
thorn

Post by thorn »

It seems I need to learn a lot, she said bitterly, sighing. Let's hope you decide I'm good at something sometime soon, because right now I don't feel so.

Waiting? I didn't know I was waiting,
she answered. Don't you understand, I have never been taught any of this. What I have and know is self taught, or luck, or whatever you want to call it. Yes I wanted to look into it but when my sister died I lost the only link to my past and to these iritating powers.

Thorn stopped, feeling a little cross. It was not for lack of willingness as the cat seemed to think, but a not knowing where to start. She felt useless in this area, and his approach did not instill confidence in her.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

[You do not enjoy learning?]

[You are good at many things.
Wasn't there something you aren't yet though and wished you were?
If not, then the universe has gotten it's wires crossed.]

[Perhaps to your past, perhaps not; but certainly there are many links to the power.
One whom you are speaking to and another of which may very well be sitting in your library right now.
Have you not written of your sister, of the beginnings of the wisdom she meant to impart?]