[RP] A Home Coming

Moderator: Community Team

thorn

Re: [RP] A Home Coming

Post by thorn »

As images and sounds bombarded her brain Thorn put her hand to her temple, seering pain running through her head as she fought to concentrate and decipher the meaning. She saw a unity, a bond, but she was unsure. Bond? Like family? She had none. All gone. Dead.

Thorn looked at the cat confused as images kept forming, but unclear. It seemed she saw a gateway or different realm? It made no sense to her. What was the cat trying to tell her, or show her? She was tired. The journey was not even washed out of her bones yet.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

[Rest for now.] [Clarity will come in time.]
Duke Stretches out his back and legs. He glances at the cake.
[Eat?.?]
thorn

Post by thorn »

Thorn frowned at the cat. Rest was something she had come back to Fenia to have, to do. She had had enough of the nonsense of Bravia, and the fool there who had felt the right and need to tell her what to think and do, and over time it had worn her down till she eventually snapped. Reaching for her tea again Thorn watched the cat. She assumed that there was a reason for this cat, and wondered what it was and why. Sipping her tea Thorn sighed, relaxing against the back of the chair.

Excuse me?
Thorn said sitting up, giving the cat a sharp look. You think to tell me to eat now too?
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Duke puffs another sigh out from between his nostrils.
[It's a blessing.]
thorn

Post by thorn »

Oh stop sulking, Thorn said in exasperation at his sigh, images hitting her mind again, not seeing Kathryn enter, pause as her mistress spoke, and just watch the scene mesmerised.

Just for you, Thorn said reaching out and breaking off a piece of the cake, and popping it into her mouth, eating it and after swallowing sipping some tea. Better? she asked, at that point glancing up and seeing her maid.

What is it? she asked sharply.

Erm... I was wondering.... is there anything you need Ma'am?
Kathryn asked, wondering if Thorn was feeling alright, looking from her to the cat and wondering why her mistress was cross at the creature. Would you like me to put the cat out ma'am?

Oh very tempting, very tempting,
Thorn said, shaking her head at Kathryn. I will ring if I need anything. Just make sure my cases are unpacked and my room ready for later.

Kathryn nodded, and turned hurriedly to leave the room. Whatever was going on, she wanted no part.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Duke blinks at Thorns exasperated remark then conveys a sense of approval at Thorn as she eats the bit of cake.
thorn

Post by thorn »

Thorn chooses to ignore the cat and she finishes her drink off, placing the empty vessel onto the tray. Standing she moves to the large windows and looks out quietly. She still needed to get used to being back, wondering what welcome she would get. Thorn would work where she needed, help if asked. Otherwise she would live quietly.

Turning back to the room Thorn looked at the cat, her eyes then moving to the bookcases and the books. So many. She smiled slightly. This had always been her favourite room. Moving back to her desk, Thorn picked at the cake and ate a little bit more, sitting down and looking at the cat.

Was this the way it would be from now on?
Thorn asked herself. I'll talk my days away with a cat and my servants will think me mad?
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

[Will they think you any the less mad for talking with a Dragon or a Druchii?]
thorn

Post by thorn »

Hearing the cat Thorn looked at him in stoney silence. You wish to insult? she thought angrily. Talking to a druchii... don't mention that breed of creature to me again, she then said, nearly hissing in anger that this animal dared to bring that heinous breed, even if only by mention, into her home here in Fenia.

Thorn reached out and picked up her cup, but finding it empty she slammed it back onto the tray, getting up and moving to a cabinet along the wall behind where she was sat, opening it and removing a glass, searching for a bottle and finding it sighed. Taking the bottle and glass she returned to her chair at the desk, setting down the glass to then open the bottle and pouring a good amount into her glass. Setting the bottlle down beside it, the stopper to one side, Thorn picked up the glass and took a drink.

Thats better, she thought to herself as she swallowed the brandy, the liquid warming her on its way down her thought.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

[Me? Never! ...or always?
I don't know, now that you mention it.
Humanoids have such diverse points of view.]

[A Liquor Cabinet? In the Library?]