ORP: I am seeing tree-ly

Moderator: Community Team

Treant

ORP: I am seeing tree-ly

Post by Treant »

Everything is alive: rocks, hills, trees.... Maybe you don't notice because you're too busy. Or maybe you don't notice because rocks don't have much to say. I didn't say they were terribly bright, I just said they were alive, try and pay attention, saplings. I am a tree, I have been a tree for a little more than 300 revolutions of Secfenia around our star. Before that i was an acorn, and before that I was part of another tree, it goes back aways and I wouldn't mind getting into it, but I know your attention is already wandering. Hoom.

Humans are so busy, all the time moving around, breaking things and making new things, poking at stuff. I don't know how you ever have time to think. When you stand in one place and just observe the beauty all around you, the harmony of all living things, life is good. It doesn't need all the time getting poked and pulling the leaves off of other creatures just because you happen to be walking by. Even the ants have more respect, and I am not terribly fond of ants to be perfectly honest.

Hoom. Anyhow, I wanted to introduce myself because it seems that I may have to get involved in human affirs. If you need to find me, I'm behind Willow the weaver's house, and don't talk to the birch on the way in, he's all the time causing trouble and making jokes no one understands but himself.
Willow

Re: ORP: I am seeing tree-ly

Post by Willow »

Willow and Max go for a walk in the woods (behind her house). She decides to throw a stick for Max; who runs after it but stops short at a tree and looks up at it (forgetting the stick). Willow follows him and looks up into the tree. She thinks to herself what a wonderful big tree but why has Max stopped and staring at it - maybe there is a small animal up there?
Treant

Post by Treant »

Treant was glad to see Max again, Max was a very well behaved and intelligent dog, unlike some others that he could have mentioned that continually sprung leaks. They had never spoken before, but both were aware of the other's existance and had a certain respect. This is how things often are in the woods you see, this language business that humans use is largely unnecessary to communicate most information. Treant had learned human speech, however, because he lived in a place where a human town had sprung up around him. He had few occasions to use it, but as Willow came up to see what Max was trying to tell her, he broke his silence using the human tongue that both the woman and the dog would grasp.

"Hello friend Max, I see you've brought your human companion to visit me this time, how nice. Did you hear that I was elected mayor? I was the only candidate, but nonetheless, there you have it." He extended a branch to Willow, "Pleased to meet you madam."
Willow

Post by Willow »

"Hello friend Max, I see you've brought your human companion to visit me this time, how nice. Did you hear that I was elected mayor? I was the only candidate, but nonetheless, there you have it."
Willow was gazing up into the tree trying to work out what Max was trying to tell her; when she heard someone talking. Looking around her, she tried to locate the person talking. Whose there? she asked (looking around the tree - thinking someone was hiding behind it). Woof Woof (congrats) said Max.
He extended a branch to Willow, "Pleased to meet you madam."
Willow fell on her bum when she realised a tree was talking to her. Was she going nuts or was someone trying to trick her? Looking at Max; who had a big smile on his face and looking between the tree and herself. She smiled and got up and shock the branch like she was shaking hands. Its lovely to meet you too? You must be the mystery mayor I keep missing in the Town Hall.
Treant

Post by Treant »

"Hoom, yes, I have not been attending the town hall. I managed to get the postman to bring me the town hall messages and I send mine out everyday through him as well. And there's that lovely steward fellow who runs errands. But i suppose sometimes its better to have a conversation. I would invite them to visit me here, but I'm afraid people might trouble you or wear a path through the grass in your yard. That would be sad. I was also hoping to teach on fire safety, and i have directed people here for that, but thus far no citizens have come for it so I haven't started. I'm not used to dealing with people, but I hope the town is run satisfactorally in your opinion? I would welcome advice."
Willow

Post by Willow »

I managed to get the postman to bring me the town hall messages and I send mine out everyday through him as well. And there's that lovely steward fellow who runs errands.
What a great idea, thats what I need to do hehe with all the offices I have. Don't worry about my garden, I was thinking of putting in a garden path anyway and maybe it can head towards you. People are welcome to pop in and say hi and the pathway would keep them of my flower beds :D . It would be nice to see people too. And the Fire Safety course sounds a wonderful idea.
I'm not used to dealing with people, but I hope the town is run satisfactorally in your opinion? I would welcome advice."
I think you are doing a great job and if I can help with something, please let me know. I'm just wondering how to get people to help our town again. Which reminds me, Max found you a fish (handing Treant the donation fish).
Treant

Post by Treant »

What a great idea, thats what I need to do hehe with all the offices I have. Don't worry about my garden, I was thinking of putting in a garden path anyway and maybe it can head towards you. People are welcome to pop in and say hi and the pathway would keep them of my flower beds . It would be nice to see people too.

Yes, a garden path, that sounds lovely, just be sure to safely transplant anything in the way, it makes me sad when plants are killed to make way for things. I imagine humans wouldn't like it if i killed them to make space for some nice geraniums.

And the Fire Safety course sounds a wonderful idea.

Thank you! I'll be wanting a few more people before i start, otherwise i'll be repating myself, and honestly i'm a bit shy to begin with, being a tree and all.

I think you are doing a great job and if I can help with something, please let me know. I'm just wondering how to get people to help our town again.

I think people are willing to help out, they just need encouragement. I'm satisfied with a small start.

Which reminds me, Max found you a fish (handing Treant the donation fish).

Ah, another fish! that's lovely. Thank you very much Max and good luck in the contest, you don't have a job on the town council do you little fellow? (reaches down and gives Max a scratch behind the ears)
Willow

Post by Willow »

Yes, a garden path, that sounds lovely, just be sure to safely transplant anything in the way, it makes me sad when plants are killed to make way for things. I imagine humans wouldn't like it if i killed them to make space for some nice geraniums.

Oh no I wouldn't do that, I was thinking of a path around the plants or transplanting them away from danger.
I think people are willing to help out, they just need encouragement. I'm satisfied with a small start.
Yes the citizens of Paz have helped me a lot with the Temple too. I'm just thinking about how to encouraged them - maybe a mass mail run mentioning the fire safety and fishing competition etc?
Treant

Post by Treant »

The Ent smiles when willow shares her thoughts about transplanting or bringing the path around. He is very glad that she thinks of others, especially plants.

"Hoom, yes, i should send a big letter, i suppose not everyone drops by the mayor's bulletin board or comes here to look."
Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow glanced out the window and spotted Max heading off to visit his friend, Treant.

She thought later, she would take a picnic out there and have a discussion with him.