The Cave of Wonders - Grazilda's Home

Moderator: Community Team

Grazilda

The Cave of Wonders - Grazilda's Home

Post by Grazilda »

I looked around before I passed through the ravine and made sure that no one followed me. It was already dark and it was the best time to walk and be unnoticed. I carefully and quietly walked through the ravine then paused. I wondered if anyone followed me. My eyes scanned the area for any possible passer-by, if not observer. When the coast was clear, as least when my eyes deemed it as such, I passed through the secret entrance to my cave.

I walked through the tunnel-like entrance deep down in the cave. This lead to a sharp turn that hid a door from a common observer. I listened for any footsteps or any sign of breathing. Satisfied with the silence, I unlocked the door, got in and locked it behind me. I entered my simple abode which I called my home.
Oreo

Re: The Cave of Wonders - Grazilda's Home

Post by Oreo »

It was cold outside, in contrast to the warmth inside the cave. The so-called house was actually a house built inside a cave. It locked the warmth inside during winter and it cools down during summer.

While it was freezing cold outside the cave, a puppy slept safely under the sheets of his owner. He chewed another pillow for today. He knew his owner would not mind. She could have gotten rid of him way back if she didn't want him. However, he still lives in her house. Thus, he made himself at home.

The dog rolled over. Wrapped around his body was a huge blanket under the quilt that kept him warm. He was happy. He was safe. He was at home.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I woke up that morning and frowned. I knew I set aside ten pieces of meat for the VR as per my contract, but I only found nine. This was unusual as I painstakingly measured each piece to make sure that I had to right amount, yet something was not right. I retraced my steps to figure out what went wrong. I have calculated things through and this should not have been possible. I squinted my eyes as I thought. I got up from my chair when I saw paw prints on the floor.

I went to look for the culprit. I found him wrapped around my spare blanket. "One more missing steak and you won't see the light of day, " she threatened the dog.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I finished the butchering job contract with the VR so I carefully gathered the steaks. I made sure that Oreo would not be anywhere near them. There was no way I would allow that little mutt to ruin my work. I was still upset by what the dog did. Finances are not really that easy and things were a little tough that I have to save every morsel. So when the dog took the missing steak, it was a huge waste. If there was anything that I would spend my money for except for food, it was for the drinks, for alcoholic drinks were the only thing that kept me warm.

I took the container where I placed the steaks and placed them in a basket. I took my cloak and left the house.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

It was one of those days that I decided to go somewhere aside from the tavern. I've already had this habit of leaving my cave everyday. Interaction with other creatures didn't seem bad, especially if I choose to stay at home, I'll end up having my ears pounded by my noisy dog.

For some reason, talking to the other creatures have made me learn a lot about life. People have their own battles be in the arena or in their personal lives. And in this accord I left the safety of my (noisy) cave and walked around town and met two strange yet powerful creatures apart from the other passers-by that I've seen in town. Such a wonderful treat to be able to observe human----err---creature nature, for the lack of a better term, in action.

Later on, I walked to this strange caravan. I've heard that there's this Gypsy who tell your fortune for seven silver coins. It's a waste of money, yet somehow, it said something about my fortune. What is the possibility of it being true? I looked at the silver coins in my hands. I spent more than those for drinks to strangers. I figured there is no harm in trying. It's all for fun, anyway. And it has been ages since I last had fun.

The Gypsy looked at my palm and told me my future ((ooc: actual result from the fortune telling IG)):

Your palm (and silver!) reveals this about your future...

Fame, riches and romance are yours for the asking.
===========
Your Question: Will I find true love this year?

Answer: You may rely on it

I laughed at what she said. "That is so impossible! Romance, you say? I can't even make a friend in this diverse world. You owe me seven pieces of silver, Gypsy," I demanded that she give me my money back. Yet the Gypsy just stared at me as if I'm from another planet. I shrugged and went back home.

As I sat on my couch while my dog was asleep, I realized that I'm getting bored talking to a dog all day and decided to go to the tavern, instead.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I slightly limped inside my cave. Two duels in about seven days and I can feel soreness all-over. Of course, I didn't mind. Pain was part of life. Pain should be embraced. Pain should be tolerated. As I slumped on the couch, I winced. I AM getting rusty.

I recalled when I saw General Mazork in the tavern and he asked about my wounds. I said I was find and that I was healing. Truth of the matter is, I was sore all-over. I haven't been in the arena for a long time and I felt like I had to practice further.

I sighed as I recalled the last time that I used my weapon. It was not something that I wished to remember. It was painful...painful no physically, but emotionally. It was not easy to fight with someone whom I thought was my best friend. It was not easy to fight with someone that I loved so much.

I looked out on the window and tried to think of other things to make me forget about my past. I closed my eyes. Maybe this short travel to Fenia City would make me feel better. Not that life was really bad. Things were really better. Sure, there were some inconveniences, but life is not perfect.

I should be careful with my encounters in Fenia tomorrow. I must not easily give in to people's kindness. I must not forget how treacherous creatures can be. I must not easily trust anyone.

And it was in these thoughts that I fell asleep before travelling to Fenia.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

It was spring, thus, I decided that it's time to walk out of my cave again. Hopefully this time, there won't be any sparring or competition from two opposing sides to confuse me. Stared at Oreo and said, "All right, little mutt. You can join me this time. However, promise that you don't do anything bad. Do you understand?" I rolled my eyes as I imagined the troubles that Oreo might cause. If I planned to do observation of the world around me, then Oreo is definitely NOT the best companion. However, I plan to give the little dog the benefit of the doubt. Thus, today, he'll be my walking buddy.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I strolled back on my way home from a rather unusual walk out of the house. The weather was getting warmer and it makes walking a better past time than staring at the walls of my cave. I noticed that there were flowers on the way home and wondered how can such beautiful things bloom without them being taken cared of by anyone. This reminded me of what the fortune tellers of our village told about me when I was younger, that I will be a like driftwood, as I need no tending needed and that I would never bloom at all.

I grabbed a small piece of parchment left on the road. It was obviously dropped by someone in a hurry. It was a note about the Rite of Succession. I gasped at the thought. "Where had I been all this time?" A few months ago, I declared in the tavern that I voted for Zuan because the other claimant to the throne sounded more like a gardener than a monarch.

I frowned as I looked at the list. The reigning King Zuan and a certain Marcus-Metelleus were listed for the Right of Success. I wonder whom should I vote for. I've never met any of them before. Well, I saw King Zuan and he barely spoke. I swore I took a bath at that time and gargled with mint leaves so it was impossible that hygiene was the reason why he didn't talk to me. But then again, a King is King and surely he's got more important things to do than talk to a lowly wandering human in the tavern like me. Now, I haven't met this Marcus-Metelleus yet. I wonder how different he is from the current King.

I wondered if my pledge of loyalty would matter at all...
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I sharpened my butchering knife and attacked the meat on the table with it. I cut the meat in several pieces before slicing them into perfect sizes for the steak. I had been working for days in my butcher shop and was focused on her work.

When the day was over, I prepared some food and other things. I was bound for another business trip, as what I've been up to for the past weeks or months. My trading trip has brought me to places and made me meet different people, and creatures even.

When I was done preparing for the night, I looked for my dog. "Oreo, you have to behave. This is the first time that I'm bringing to you trade trip and you must, I repeat, you MUST behave. Mages know what will your dogsitter do if you don't behave. Understand?"
Last edited by Grazilda on Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oreo

Post by Oreo »

The puppy looked at Grazilda meekly. He wondered what does behave mean. All he knows is that he wants to run around and play.

At times, he wanted to run so fast in the wild. It was his dream. He wanted to be a hunting dog. He dreamed of becoming a dog feared by all.

So he gave a loud growl. "Woof!"