[ORP] Walking around Imperius

Moderator: Community Team

Mazork

Re: [ORP] Walking around Imperius

Post by Mazork »

Mazork was entirely focused on Rieron, barely registering what Grazilda said, but something about her words reached him, snapped him out of it. He turned halfway back towards the woman, still retaining his wariness towards the druchii. He looked at her with disappointment in his eyes.

"Grazilda. After all I've said, after how I've been honest with you even though it makes me a 'bad salesman', as you put it, do you honestly still think that I am trying to make you a mindless servant? Discipline is a part of military life, but I do not serve anyone mindlessly, and I do not expect that of my soldiers either. I have been a war prisoner, Grazilda, a slave - there is nothing I value more than freedom."

Having said this, he turned his attention back to the druchii sorcerer. "I do agree, however, that our business needs to be dealt with first, and actions speak louder than words. How about it, druchii, would you like to show us this power you boast?"
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

There was something about Mazork's words about being a war prisoner that made me pause. I looked into his eyes and sensed honesty in his words. Such was rare these days. Recently, most of those who were honest with me had evil intentions or hidden agenda. "Fair enough. We can talk more about this in private," I told him and looked around.

Then I looked at the druchii and wondered what would he say about this.

I could not believe that I'm in such a situation. It seems like there is no peace for me wherever I go except for my cave. But I cannot live in my cave forever and I must once again face life head on as if life's a wild forest. One must be careful of everything and everyone.
Last edited by Grazilda on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron couldn't help himself but chuckle as Grazilda came into a fighting stance followed by a menacing posture from Mazork who seemed ready to spring into action as well. He simply crossed his arms and continued smiling as they talked while remaining unusually calm and reserved. Personally, the druchii never really had an issue with Mazork since coming into the lands of Secfenia, however, his distastes for the people the orc served was always public news.

"Glad to know the Fenia Monarchy still has a healthy fear of me even now.." Rieron said unimpressed by Mazork's aggressive nature towards him. Secretly, he sort if took pleasure in it especially at times like those to be reminded he was still a danger to society. "I see you are still taking orders from creatures weaker than you Orc that is quite pathetic and wasteful in my opinion..for a moment I thought you only followed the strong I guess I was wrong" He said with a cold grin before he continued "Any how my business is that of my own Orc and unfortunately it doesn't involve pawns of a wannabe king like yourself"

Shifting his eyes to Grazilda he took a couple of steps closer to her without flinching once at the hostile auras around him and not really caring if it would force her to remain in a fighting stance. "I'm not here to fight for anybody's entertainment and certainly not to convince anybody to join me. Instead im here to enlight on a path you could possibly take or turn away from, your choice human. Real brotherhood and true freedom from tyrants is not something I will offer lightly to creatures I just met especially since it comes at the cost of my own blood sometimes.." Rieron paused for a moment to stare deeply into the humans eyes while remaining conscious of Mazork nearby "You will gain a sense of purpose with me.. if this is something that interest you then we can talk more..though if you wish to believe someone who follows despots mindlessly without knowing their history then you decide.."

Looking back at the orc, Rieron laughed quietly "First defeat the orc named Idra in combat and then you might have a small chance against me Orc. I have proven countless times my power, and your kings fear to face me in the arena to the death shows it. Now it is everybody else's turn to show their worth in battle.."
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

"Fear?" The orc shook his head in disbelief at the druchii's arrogance. "You have much too high an opinion of yourself. You are but a thorn in the sole of Fenia's foot. Annoying, but not dangerous."

"As for following those weaker than me, years ago I would have agreed with you. However, life in these lands has widened my perception of 'strength'. The King has proven himself to be worthy of my service."

Against his better judgement, he allowed the man to pass and approach Grazilda. It did not seem like Rieron had come here looking for a fight. Besides, it would show disrespect towards her if he treated her as if she couldn't take care of herself. So he merely watched and listened.

All would have ended peacefully had Rieron just left afterwards, but he made the mistake of pushing one too many of Mazork's buttons.

"Show my worth?" The orc's face darkend at those words. "Show my worth!?" Sorcery flared up in his eyes again, and this time it didn't stay there. He didn't move, he didn't recite any spell, but a ring of scorching fire surrounded him, causing the people around them to run away in panic.

"Who do you think you are talking to, druchii?" His voice still raising, his eyes radiating raw power, he glared at Rieron. "I am the Yvyrm-Slayer! I am a disciple of Xenogiterarl and the High Sorcerer of Spirus! I am the General of Fenia! You dare imply that I haven't proven my worth yet! You, a common criminal, a coward who hides behind others and has those weaker than him fighting his battles! You... are nothing but an arrogant fool who is not worth my time." It seemed like he just realised that fact himself, and it made his anger fade noticeably. His voice lowered towards the end, the flames faded, and even his eyes lost most of their power.

He grabbed the huge, two-handed stone age from his back, and holding it in one hand with ease, pointed it towards the druchii. "Go now, or else you will not leave this city with your life. Come back when you have reflected on your ways and found the courage and honour to fight your own battles. I will take you on any time, and I will not ask you to go through someone else first."

((Oh god, that was so much fun to write. XD Thanks, Rieron, I've always wanted to write something like this in RP.))
Last edited by Mazork on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I observed Rieron's calm and admittedly arrogant stance. He was already frightening to the common creature, but I don't get intimidated by outward appearances. Like the see urchin, each creature has their own way of trying to ward off potential enemies from a distance. Yet there was something about his self-confidence that was interesting. I let go of my fighting stance, after careful observation that neither of those two creatures before me would kill me, at least not at that moment. I listened to the druchii talk about brotherhood.

Brotherhood, or sisterhood for that matter,...That is something that I haven't experienced in a long time. Once upon a time I was part of a tight group. But that was in the past. That was before I was too naive to trust creatures, especially my own kind, blindly. Yet no man is an island...

I looked at the druchii with my head held up high and met his eyes, almost mimicking his arrogance, and tried to connect his words with his actions. I've heard about this Rieron before, perhaps in the same way that he claimed to hear rumors about me. Now I understand why most people dislike him.

My attention was caught by the orc who suddenly showed a massive amount of might that was admittedly impressive. He mentioned of Mages and high priests and slayer. There was a definite ring to it.

Then the world seemed to have literally changed in that instant when the mighty magical orc showed his power. Most people scampered away yet I stayed where I was and observed this creature.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron listened to the words of Mazork before suddenly a display of power made the peasants around them run away in a hurry to distance themselves from the area as much as possible. A year ago that kind of raw power might had made the druchii wary of the warrior but now it only made him smile further as he remained in front of Grazilda with his arms still crossed and relaxed. Oddly enough the orc's strength reminded Rieron of his old time enemy general, Amladris, who was also a sorcerer and who also met his defeat in the arena by the druchii's own hands.

"A thorn on Fenia's gross foot? a common criminal? Really is that why your monarchy has all these 'spies' watching me almost every single day Orc? I'm almost hurt here" Rieron spoke before an amused laugh escaped his lips thinking that the Orc was naive to think he didn't know who were the spies from Fenia currently living in Bravia. "The wannabe king runs from my blade all the time, little general, he is a coward and a weakling and no real warrior would ever side with someone who runs from his enemies..You aren't a real orc therefore you need to prove your worth by fighting a real Orc" Rieron continued with a dark grin. If there was something the druchii loved doing was taunting fighters into letting their rage be their downfall. His experience showed that no other creature could best a black guard when it came to harnessing the power of anger to gain greater power like no other.

As the flames diminished and the eyes of the Orc began losing their shine, however, the hope that Mazork would charge at him without first knowing his opponent's might went out the window "So many useless titles Orc but in the end none of them will serve you to your advantage. I have a long record of creatures I have defeated personally in the arena and in battle. From what my sources tell me you only fought in the arena three times..I have almost a hundred times.." taking a brief paused he glanced at the stone axe in Mazork's hand then looked up at the Orc's eyes with a cold and cruel demeanor "You can throw away that notion that you can make me do anything now Orc, it is clear that my life is not one you can take with your power level and lack of experience" Rieron said shifting his focus back to Grazilda and smiling once more a bit too naturally as if he didnt noticed there was a big mad Orc standing ready to strike just a few feet away.

It was clear that it was definitely not the first time the druchii had been in a flared up confrontation and it was certainly not going to be last time either. "Back to you human..What say you on my words?

(lol im.glad you like it this is fun for me too xD by the way this was done in fireguard in the middle of the night, I was half asleep so excuse my spelling mistakes and etc please)
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I had no idea as to what both Orc and Druchii were talking about. However, given their reactions of each other, I can sense that there is a long history between them. And a negative one, to be specific. Both creatures seem to be telling their own truth.

I looked at Rieron and listened. "Though I ask around for information, sometimes, second hand information can be flawed. I have a sparring match with Mazork soon. Perhaps one time, I can visit you and we'll have a sparring match, Rieron. Thus, I can be fair to both of you," I said and looked at Mazork and Rieron.

I hoped that I didn't make a mistake with what I just said.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

The druchii was unfazed, remaining arrogant as ever. Clearly the only way to get through to him was by defeating him in combat. Mazork was of half a mind to do as he had asked - after all, the druchii had insulted him, and insulting an orc was to ask for a challenge... and Mazork didn't really mind the opportunity to duel with a member of his own kind. However, Rieron's lack of fighting spirit dampened his own.

"You waste your words on me," he said, shaking his head wearily, the last of his power fading. "If you wish to insult the King, do it to his face. I have no desire to protect his honour. Although, I must say this: not every king is a warrior. In my homeland, Gro'nerach K'ior, it was different, but here, you can rule with different kind of strength. I do not fault him for not responding a warrior's challenge, when he is not a warrior himself."

"You claim to know how a true orc should behave?" Mazork asked, raising an eyebrow. Those words had actually stung. A little. "Have you actually lived in an orcish community, or are you just trying to project your view of how an orc should behave on me? Should I make judgements of the whole druchii race based on you alone? Your view is sadly narrow, like that of a young warrior thinking he knows everything he needs to know, and forcing the rest of the world into that inflexible mold. I do not fault you for that, I too was like that once." Not that Mazork himself was old yet, barely in his twenties, but he'd seen and experienced much, having been captured and transported as a slave out of his homeland at a young age. Of course, he hadn't remained a slave for long.

The orc snorted a laugh at the druchii's next words. "I do not often have the time to amuse spectators on a duelling arena. I have been busy killing yvyrms, training and studying, and now leading an army. If you wish to compare records, I believe my yvyrm kill count is approaching two hundred. I hunt alone, however, so I have no witnesses who have seen more than a few of my kills."

Finally he sighed. "But I tire of this wordplay. If you are not of a mind to fight, then begone already. You have your answer from Grazilda." He swung the axe little, as if flicking away a fly - or dismissing an insignificant matter.

He turned to face Grazilda. "Let us go. I do not have much time, and I would not miss our sparring match for something like this."
Last edited by Mazork on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Watching two savage beasts attack each other was what can be compared to what I've witnessed. The only difference was that both creatures before me were not savage. Instead, both were highly-intelligent creatures, strong and powerful, and both have their own fighting tactics.

The orc had shown might in magic aggression and the druchii had shown might in words and provocation. I guess I have learned more from today's encounter with both creatures in terms of the art of war compared to my life-long experience of battle---of physical, mental and emotional battle. Both creatures before me were secure on their place in the world. And both creatures have proven in their own right their strengths.

It made me wonder what I had to offer in this world and what I had to prove. Did I really have to prove anything? If so, to whom and to what accord? And does might have to be tantamount to brotherhood? What about worth? Such questions baffled my mind as I awaited an answer or a mere reaction from Rieron.

I looked at Mazork. "I look forward to a sparring match. I know I am not as powerful as you and Rieron, but that doesn't mean that I'm not willing to use my weapon when needed. Perhaps some day, my skills in battle would be greatly improved." And perhaps my social skills would improve as well, I thought.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I was right. My social skills needed polishing as Rieron's face just reflected utter boredom while I spoke to him. And after he heard my response, he nodded to my annoyance and quickly left as if he lost interest or something.*

Though he turned his back, I watched him carefully until he was at a safe distance. It's better to be safe than sorry. His boredom must not be taken lightly.

When the druchii was gone, I looked at Mazork and was suddenly careful. One wrong move or one wrong word might unleash the power in Mazork that threatened to smite its power such as what happened with the encounter earlier. I'd rather not place a pointed dagger by my neck with such a mistake. My steps became calculated. "Let's go," I said and walked beside him, making sure that I am at a safe distance just in case he sensed some foe and that I am not in his line of fire.

The hill was not too far, at least from my standards. We walked for only two hours in silence. I studied this orc while we walked. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, as they say. He was neither enemy nor friend, yet it would be best to keep an eye on him. This was of a dual purpose. I can watch him should he suddenly decide to be a threat to my life. At the same time, I can learn from him to use to my advantage in the future.

"This is the right spot," I said. The place was devoid of any other creature. In fact, by basing on the untouched ground, it might even be possible that no one has been in these areas before. But that was just an assumption. Flying creatures may have frequented the place.

I looked at Mazork. I honestly have no idea how to deal with a magical creature. And I've placed myself in a vulnerable situation.

Could it be possible that I'm learning to trust again?

((*Idea given by tpb Rieron and godmod permitted by the same player.))