[ORP] Walking around Imperius

Moderator: Community Team

Mazork

Re: [ORP] Walking around Imperius

Post by Mazork »

((Right, let's finish this. My computer is broken, but let's hope I can finish the post before the next crash.))

Mazork watched calmly as his opponent fell backwards from the force of his headbutt.

"Come on now, get up, you don't have the time to relax. If this were a real battle, I'd be swinging my axe down at you this very moment."

He took an aggressive stance with both hands holding the axe. I'll give her five seconds. Five... four... three...
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

((It's all right. I've been busy at work lately, too. :( ))

I felt insulted by the orc's words, yet I wonder if he was just having a duel of words as well. The psychological warfare might be trickier than the physical one. Still feeling the impact of his headbutt, I tried to get up, although admitted, I am clueless on how to beat Mazork.

I noticed that he took an aggressive stance so I prepared myself to whatever surprise he might have in store. However, I felt my body slow down that it almost took forever for me to get up. I took a deep breath and grabbed my sword while still on the ground, albeit in a slower manner thinking more now on the defense than offense.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

As Grazilda was fighting the weakness of her own body, Mazork watched and counted down coolly. By the time he reached 0, she was still struggling. He charged forward, raised the heavy axe high overhead and swiftly brought it down at her with a terrifying roar.

He made it look quite real, probably. Of course he stopped the movement midway, straining his muscles to their limit to stop the axe half a metre above the ground. After all, he didn't want to kill her, just test her. This was a most difficult test, both to perform, and to pass. Many people would be frozen with fear seeing their death approaching. To pass the test, she would have to possess the reflexes to roll away even in that half-conscious state of hers. The warrior's reflexes.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

My surroundings seemed to move in a very slow motion. My left hand was still glued to the ground while my other hand held my sword, my knees still on the ground. As I looked up, I saw Mazork, in all his power, charging and lifted his axe to strike me, accompanied with a menacing growl that almost made deaf.

He's going to kill me, after all,, I thought. And this made me angry. I felt betrayed yet I cannot let my dismay affect me. In a final, and even perhaps futile attempt to save myself, my hand on the ground grabbed the dry dust and soil and threw them to his direction to try to distract him as I used my sword to push myself even a yard away from the impending impact.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

Instinctively the orc closed his eyes, but thankfully it didn't mess up his movements, and the axe stopped in time. When he opened his eyes a couple of seconds later, he found that Grazilda had indeed managed to roll away from under the axe. Whether it would have been in time, had he not stopped the axe, was doubtful... but the result of the test was clear.

"Excellent," he praised her and swung the axe back over his shoulder in a relaxed manner. "A survivalist's reflexes. There is much you could learn in the military, but you certainly have potential. You pass." He seemed intent on ending the sparring match here.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I smiled as I tried to get up on my feet alone. I felt like my whole body was fully shaken. I heard Mazork's words and I stood up. "Thank you. However, I told you, this sparring match will make me decide if I should join the army or not. I do not join merely by invitation or by strength or skill test. I study things thoroughly and weigh the pros and cons about the matter. Nonetheless, I have learned a great deal about this situation. And with that, I thank you," I said and bowed before stepping backward in a safe distance, should Mazork try to attack me while I wasn't prepared.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

Mazork shrugged. "And I thank you for granting me this sparring match. It has been very enjoyable. Am I to take it that you wish to continue the match?"

The woman was careful and calculating to a fault. As an orc, even if Mazork had changed much since leaving his homeland in chains, he still found it somewhat strange. Orcs were not as stupid and impulsive as many humans thought, but they did appreciate the quality of following ones heart and acting upon instinct. Too much thinking led to indecisiveness.

Well, I'm sure she has her reasons...
Kira_Thra

Post by Kira_Thra »

Strange was the internal impetus that had urged her onward. It could not be explained nor could it be denied. Thus she had taken up her staff and left the warmth of the tavern back in Widu even though it had only been a short while since her arrival there.

Slight though her race might be, they were sturdy travelers and it was a matter of a few days before her feet trod upon the road into the town of Imperius. So quickly had the time passed that it was almost as if she had flown.

The day was early when first she passed the gate and Kira immediately took into account her needs; substance, shelter and work. Her hunger was appeased with the food she carried, but she still searched until she located the market square. From there, she looked about until her eyes settled upon a nearby tavern. There she could hope to find lodgings until such time as she gained a permanent home - should her spirit allow such settling in.

On the way to the tavern Kira passed the town's notice board and spied several promising offers of work. She took one down and made for the tavern
Gwendelin

Post by Gwendelin »

Still a bit grumpy from some annoying events at the Inn on the road earlier in the evening, Gwendelin decided that the cold dark and fresh air could return her wits and hasten her arrival in Imperius. The letter had been vague, as they usually are, but she didn't much care. Anything to get out of Liesel. The guards gave her a bit of a hard time at her late arrival, but with the recent attacks on the road, even they would not deny a woman safe passage. Even one as heavily armed as she. They had raised an eyebrow as they looked over her letter of invitation and catalogued her extensive array of weaponry. Her cool stare supported her credentials, and she was soon on her way to the nearest tavern.

She was a day early now and her contact would not be expecting her, so she was free to her own devices. At such a late hour, Gwen doubted that would be much more than a stout mug of ale, but perhaps there were more exciting things to see in Imperius. Feeling optimism take over, she pushed open the door, muscles poised for what she might find.
Kira_Thra

Post by Kira_Thra »

Her feet were propped upon the hearth, toes wiggling in delight of the warmth that penetrated the chilly digits. A burst of cold air ruffled her hair and Kira turned slightly in her seat in order to see who'd just entered the tavern. It was a female and she appeared to be well-armed and her stance suggested she might be expecting trouble.

Kira gave her a nod of acknowledgement and then returned to her contemplation of the fire and her mug of ale. There was no trouble to be found in this tavern and should the female be looking for some, she was bound to be disappointed.