[ORP] Walking around Imperius

Moderator: Community Team

Mazork

Re: [ORP] Walking around Imperius

Post by Mazork »

((Sorry I'm late. I started an internship yesterday and I also have other writing projects keeping me busy, so my replies may take a day or two from now on.))

When the druchii finally walked away, Mazork relaxed visibly. His posture was always straight, but now it lost some of its rigidity, his shoulders dropped a little, and he put the axe away. He walked beside Grazilda without a word.

As they reached the open hill Grazilda had designated as their sparring ground, the orc looked around appraisingly. It was a suitable place, smooth and open. He grabbed his axe again, and reached for one of the several pouches and small bags on his belt. He pulled out a thick scrap of leather with a couple of strings attached to it.

"Since this is a sparring match, we should avoid causing serious injury to each other. With this, at least the risk of wounding you is somewhat diminished." He tied the scrap of leather around the blade of his axe.

"Naturally, I will also not use magic. That," he said while looking straight at Grazilda, "is an orc's promise."
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

((It's all right, Mazork. RL comes first. RP can wait. :D))

I noticed the change in Mazork's posture from that of a creature ready to attack to that of a relaxed nature. I frowned at the change. I have learned in life that one must be prepared all the time for an attack of any form. And it takes a while before one can prove that he or she is worthy of my trust. I wondered if Mazork's relaxed posture was merely a form of a masquerade.

When we reached the location, my eyes gave the area a through, yet a quick scan about the same time as Mazork looked around. It seemed like the place was untouched since I was last there. I paused and listened for any sign of life. The only ones that I've heard where the birds that quickly flew when they heard us approach. I was satisfied.

As Mazork grabbed his axe, my instincts told me to move away. And in quick movement, I leaped backward to a safe distance away from him, my feet landed quietly on the ground with my hands on my sword. He mentioned something about diminishing injury. I observed what he did and looked at my sword. Mighty as the orc may look against me, to use my lethal sword against his leather-wrapped axe would be unfair. I did the only thing that I thought I can do. I placed the sword back in its sheath, secured it with some straps and held the sheathed sword as my sparring weapon.

He looked straight at me as he promised that magic will not be used. It was the same look that he gave me earlier when he talked about trust. He might bestow his trust upon me yet he still has to win me over. "And I'll hold on to your word," I said, though part of me was ready should he fail to keep his promise.

With my sheated sword ready, I stood in position and waited for Mazork to signal that he's ready.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

((Sorry again, I've been really busy this past week or so. -_-'))

Mazork nodded as Grazilda also covered her blade. Although he doubted she could seriously injure him with his armour on, even with a bare blade, this way was fairer. And who knew, he might be underestimating her.

He raised his axe. "Here I come."

With deceptive speed for such a large creature, he closed in and thrust at her chest with the unbladed end of the axe.
Last edited by Mazork on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Quickly, I stepped back and raised my sheathed sword. I held it with a hand at each end and thrust the middle part toward blade of Mazork's axe. I manuvered the axe to the right side, wondering if my strength would be enough to push axe sideways.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

The woman blocked his thrust aside, using her sword like a staff. Much like Mazork was using his axe, not wanting to use the bladed, heavy head, which could easily break her bones. With a bare blade, that would be a dangerous move, Mazork remarked in his mind, but didn't say it aloud. Instead he swerved the shaft of his axe down and attempted to sweep Grazilda off her feet.
Last edited by Mazork on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I held the sheathed sword and measured his strength. He is strong. He is very strong, I thought. If this was a real battle, there was no way that I can defend him with pure strength alone. But I'm not the type to give up without a fight. And with the first two minutes, I can say that I am against a boulder, so to speak.

My two hands cannot hold his axe much longer and even if I tried to deflect it to the side, I saw him move the shaft of his axe toward me. A multi-purpose axe, interesting, I thought as I quickly leaped backward. However, I was slow enough that I didn't notice Mazork's axe hit my knee and threw me off balance so I ended up on the ground which wounded my knee.
Round 1: Mazork lightly wounded Grazilda.
I smiled and looked at my wound and then at Mazork. The game or fight has not yet started, at least in my opinion, until one of us was hit or wounded.

I quickly got up to my feet and prepared for his next attack.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

Mazork straightened and leaned the axe against his shoulder, an act of exaggerated nonchalance. He motioned Grazilda to come.

"Come on, your turn. I want to see how you attack."
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Obediently, I charged and jumped toward Mazork. I, then, raised my sword in an attempt to strike his neck. At the same time, my knee aimed for his groin.

I never had a duel nor fought with an orc before. Somehow, I have a feeling that everything that I'll do will be in vain.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

Hmh. She was fast, but it seemed she was somewhat reckless and predictable. And inexperienced about fighting an orc. Instead of evading, Mazork took a step forward, receved her knee with his free left hand, knocked her sword up and over his head with the shaft of his axe and aimed a headbutt at her forehead with his helmeted head, taking advantage of his superior strength and size.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

I felt something grabbed my knee and I couldn't break free. I saw Mazork's head moving forward while my sword was deflected. I used my free foot to free my other knee but I have to agree that it was a struggle to fight against this giant orc.
Round 2: Mazork nicked Grazilda.
As I struggled to free my knee, I felt a strong impact on my head so strong that it lead me to pause to reorient myself as I felt the upper half of my body flew backward on its way to land on the ground.
Round 3: Mazork whacked Grazilda.