[RP] The Baptism of Gawain

Moderator: Community Team

Karcier_Aisu

[RP] The Baptism of Gawain

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Theme
Gawain you are hereby summoned for your baptism. Please make haste to come by the orchard for the ceremony.

Would you like your Baptism to take place in your home town or within the halls of the order ?. Feel free to bring a witness.

Karcier Aisu
The afternoon had come without much surprise, the clouds had remained for most part of the day in the skies covering the temples magnificent display of art. A biting cold had sweep past Karcier as he made his way up towards the temple, he caught hold of his mantle and pulled them closely togethor to stop as much of the howling cold from chilling his bones. After the Baptism in Bravia Karcier had made his way down to Paz for Deacon Gawain baptism.

He arrived in due time and smiled to himself. He waited patiently for Gawain. He wondered if there would be anyone coming to witness his Baptism.
Willow

Re: [RP] The Baptism of Gawain

Post by Willow »

Willow peeks in the doorway, she hopes it is okay to come into the baptism. She wants to be there for her Priests and Deacons as the Bravia Overseer and also as a friend.

Willow quietly enters the temple and sits down to wait for the ceremony to start.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain enters the temple and nods a greeting to Willow, he is happy that she has come to witness his baptism. He then makes his way to the altar and greets Karcier.

"Greetings Karcier and welcome to Paz. I am ready to be baptised."
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Karcier smiled and motioned for Gawain to step forwards. "Please, step forwards so we may begin."

Bowing his head towards Gawain, he smiled. A moment of thought came to him but he strictly pushed it aside to focus on the task at hand, this baptism was important and he would remain focused throughout it.

The path you are taking today is an important journey. It is but one among many. Do not enter lightly as you will be a role model for others to follow the Faith.

Karcier waves a hand revealing a potion in it.

Do you understand the commitment that you are about to start?
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain followed Karcier's motion and stepped forward.

He listened and nodded as Karcier spoke, looking at him and then at the potion that he held.

"Yes, I am aware of the responsibilities of the commitment and I do accept them."
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Karcier smiles and pulls out a second potion. One was clear. The other was a bubbling green potion.

In my hands, I have two potions.

The clear potion represents the appearance of many to be clear without any blemishes, but lacking any zeal, energy, or desire to improve.

The other potion represents your life in the future if you embrace the path of the Faith. You will always strive to improve, full of energy to do what is right, and the promise of your vows.

These potions should not be drank lightly. For once you have chosen the path, you have admitted your wholehearted decision to accept the Faith. Walking away from what you know to be right is the path to inner destruction.

I give you your choice. Pick your potion and drink.

Karcier had noted that the green potion was bitter tasting yet it was the one he himself had picked, he wondered what he would pick.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow watches the ceremony and wonders which potion Gawain would choose (she had heard the green one is rather bitter and isn't looking forward to trying it either).

Thinking to herself, she must remember to talk to Karcier and sort out her own baptism (before a wedding comes up).
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain listened and looked at the two potions in Karcier's hands.

He looked at the clear potion and thought about what it represented and then at the green one and what it represented. He didn't need to think much, he had already made up his mind.

"I choose the green one"

He reached out and took the green potion, he had heard it was bitter tasting but this would not put him off. He unstopped the green one, and took a sip, it was indeed bitter tasting so he then drank the rest quickly and handed the empty bottle back to Karcier.

He then waited for Karcier to continue with the ceremony.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

(apologies for delayed I got distracted by certain events)

Karcier smiled at the choice. Watching him drink, he reached to grab their staff and rested upon it. It glowed green and watched as a green aura surrounded Gawain for a moment. Karcier smiled warmly as the aura faded,Gawain had made their choice one which Karcier respected and understood.

"By the power of the Mages, I hereby declare you to be a follower of the faith. May your days be blessed and your path clear. You are also a special convert as you are the first of this new generation to have taken this step. You will not be the last. I, hereby charge you with the Temple of Paz . Serve her well and she will give you bountiful children in the faith."

He bows his head making a circular motion with his staff in the air. A red fire emerged and slowly disappeared. The ceremony was over, short and sweet as he remembered. Now the journey was up to Gawain. "I wish you good luck in your journey."
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain listened and watched as Karcier concluded the ceremony.

"Thank you, Karcier for coming here to do this for me and for trusting me with such a charge. I wish you a safe journey home."

He then went to greet Willow, his friend and colleague.

"Thanks very much for coming to witness my baptism."