[RP]Petal's Place

Moderator: Community Team

Petal

[RP]Petal's Place

Post by Petal »

Wandering into a new town, footsore and weary, Petal stopped by a small river. She placed her bundle on the ground and flopped down beside it. Removing her shoes, she dipped her tired feet in the cool running water and leaned back, a great sigh escaping her.

Since leaving her parent's home 3 weeks ago she had been traveling almost nonstop, desperate to put as much distance as possible between her and her father. She shuddered as she recalled his last angry words, threatening her with a beating if she didn't consent to the marriage he had arranged. But the man was an old wretch who gave her the willies every time her glance happened on him. To spend her life under his control was a fate worse than death for her.

After the first few days on the road, she had stopped looking constantly over her shoulder for sight of one of her many brothers come to drag her home. The small pittance left to her by her mother had been enough to feed her but her money was fast running out. It was time to find a place to call home.

With these thoughts in mind, Petal reluctantly drew her shoes back on and rose to her feet, her hands going to the small of her back as she stretched. Stooping she lifted the bundle once more and set off down the road towards the town she could see in the distance.

On the outskirts of the town the breeze brought a familiar scent to her nose. She paused and inhaled deeply, the smell of honeysuckles reminding her of her childhood, the happy days before her mother passed away. She turned her head and found the source. A small cabin, more a shack than anything, was tucked away on the edge of the trees surrounding this edge of town. Honeysuckles grew rampant along one side, their vines climbing the dilapidated walls. She cautiously walked closer calling out as she did. Hello? Is anyone here? Not receiving any response, for the cabin was clearly deserted, she tapped on the door before pushing it open.

The inside of the cabin seemed to be in much better shape than the exterior. Leaves and debris had blown in from the open windows but for the most part, with a little work, it would more than suit her purposes. It's location close to the river gave her a good supply of water, and the honeysuckles scented the whole cabin with their aroma through the open windows. She crossed the small room to the built in cabinet gracing one wall and set her bundle down. Hands on her hips, she stood surveying her new home, a pleased smile on her face. Time to get to work, she told herself as she pushed up her sleeves, her weariness all but forgotten in her excitement in finding a home at last.
Petal

Re: [RP]Petal's Place

Post by Petal »

Early the next morning Petal stretched as the sun touched her eyes, waking her from an exhausted sleep. She yawned as she sat up and swung her legs over the side of the makeshift cot. Standing she brushed her hair from her eyes and pulled it back, tucking it behind her ears. She dashed some water on her face and made a quick breakfast of the last of her supplies. Finished, she prepared herself for a trip into town, to meet her new neighbors as well as replenish her stock.

Petal left the cabin and pulled the door tightly shut behind her. She glanced around the front yard and smiled, looking forward to having time to put it to rights. Checking to make sure her purse was securely tied about her waist, she took off down the path, humming softly under her breath.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Hurrying into her home, Petal glanced around trying to see it through another's eyes. She frowned as she noticed the old rickety furniture, the rough-hewn fireplace, the primitive cot in the corner. Well, she would have to make do.

Rushing about, she straightened the few things she had left out before leaving this morning. Opening the cupboard she pulled down her only two plates and mugs. She grimaced as she ran her finger over the crack through one and set it on the table at her seat, hoping he wouldn't notice. She dashed outside and picked a few of the wildflowers growing along the border of her yard and placing them in an old cracked glass set them centered on the table.

The place set to rights as best she could, her next chore was to clean up herself. She looked down at her dress which that morning had seemed perfectly fine for a trip to town. Now it was creased and stained with grass and dirt from her fall in the field. She quickly changed into her other one, sighing as she remembered all the pretty gowns she had left behind her when she ran from home. Well no help for it. At least this one was clean and neat, and with it's deep square neckline and snug fit it showed off her curves to advantage. And it's emerald green color brought out her eyes. It would do.

Unpinning her hair she let it fall softly down her back, taking only a moment to run a brush through it. She chose a black velvet ribbon and pulled her hair back from her face. Glancing in a small mirror, she made a face at herself as she rubbed a smudge of dirt off her chin.

Finally finished, Petal went to the window and looked out. The afternoon was wearing on and Toxic still was not back. She bit her lip nervously. Perhaps he was having second thoughts. She stayed at the window, feeling butterflies in her stomach as she waited for him.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

After trapping and killing a rabbit, he then skinned and gutted it and then helped himself to some veg and potatoes from a field and then went home to check on the pegga, taking the rope he led it to to Petals house, when she opened the door he noticed how well she scrubbed up, here we are i have brought the dinner and the special guest, Niveus who is looking a lot better now and very hungry and so am i, bet you never had a winged beastie ever in your house, after kissing Petal he made his way in and put Niveus in the corner of the room out of the way, bringing his water bucket in he placed it down by his feet, and put some bottles of drink on the table, he then sat down and watched as petal started the dinner,if u need a hand with anything in here i am a carpenter and i am going to chop down some trees down tomorrow and make some furniture, so anything you want let me know, it wont take to long to make us both some furniture, once i get started on it, doesnt take me very long, pouring some ale into the mugs he passed one over to Petal, cheers and your very good health, downing the drink he watching as Petal cooked the dinner with a big smile on her face, i thought we could have a walk after along by the river and then pop into the tav for a quick one, and did i mention you look very beautiful tonight, refilling his mug again he sat and watched smelling the food as it cooked feeling very hungry and checked out petals great curves which the dress brought out showing her great assets off.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Distracted by Toxic's kiss, Petal barely noticed him leading the Pegasus into her small home. However once the winged beast was inside she stared wide-eyed. She blinked a few times, unable to make her mind accept what it was seeing. The Pegasus should be taking up almost the entire room but somehow was snuggly standing in a corner, it's wings folded neatly against it's back, it's head lowered to the bucket of water Toxic had brought for it. She looked at it in amazement for a few minutes and shook her head before turning her attention to the table where Toxic had set the ingredients for their supper.

Petal took the potatoes and veggies to the basin and rinsed them off. Placing them in a bowl she set it in front of Toxic along with a knife. Thank you so much for the offer, she said with a shy smile. I will certainly t..take you up on that. With a glance around, she grimaced. The p..place d..definitely needs some new furniture. But I d..don't want you p..putting yourself out. I know you have work of your own to do and th..this can wait. However, she smiled again and handed him the knife. Dinner can't. Could you ch..chop these for me while I g..get the r..rabbit ready? She slid the bowl closer to him and, after taking a sip of the ale he offered, turned back to the counter to prepare the rabbit for a stew.

As Petal worked, she was conscious of his eyes on her and she felt her blush deepen but the smile stayed on her face. After quickly dicing the rabbit, she opened the cupboard above the counter and withdrew her bag of herbs she had brought from home. Rummaging through them, her hand paused over one and she stifled a giggle, casting a quick glance at Toxic. She knew the effects of this one and was tempted to add a pinch to the stew, but remembering his soft kiss she let her hand pass over that and chose another she knew would compliment the flavor of the rabbit. Toxic seemed smitten with her already and she would rather think he was because of her and not a spell she cast upon him.

Placing the diced rabbit into a pot she added her herbs and carried it over to the table to see how much progress Toxic had made with the veggies and potatoes. She blushed again as he asked about the walk and complimented her, but felt very pleased at taking the extra time with her toiletry. A w..w..walk sounds like a wonderful idea, she said giving him a soft smile. Glancing down she noticed that the bowl next to him was still empty and with a soft laugh she leaned over to take the knife from him. Here, l..let me do that. She deftly chopped the veggies and potatoes, adding them to the pot and then carrying it to the fireplace. Lifting it onto a peg she swung it over the fire. Letting it there to simmer she returned to the counter and took out some flour to begin making biscuits and a small apple tart for dessert. With her hands busy and her eyes off Toxic's rugged good looks, she found it easier to speak without her stammer though she kept stealing glances at him as she worked.

Before building any furniture, p..perhaps we should make Niveus a home? We can put a stable outside b..between our yards. It will be winter soon and as much as I would l..love to keep him in here, I don't think he would be very happy sharing this small space with me, she chuckled. Another glance over her shoulder at him brought a warm glow to her as she caught his eye. She turned quickly back and cast about for something to say. Where did you learn c..carpentry? I've always been interested in making things but my father thought my place was in the kitchen and wouldn't allow it.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Finishing his drink he sat watching as Petal make her biscuits, i learnt my carpentry skills from my father and grandfather, there both dead now, i have no family left alive, they was all wiped out by a flood when i was in France, i always said they shouldnt have built there house next to that unstable old dam, but they didnt listen and now there gone along with the old dam, theres a moral there somewhere, dont live next to a dam that looks ready to blow, something like that, laughing he poured some more ale in his mug and drank the lot in one gulp, going over to Niveus he patted his neck and checked his leg, it looked fine now and by tomorrow should be ready for a fly round, i will build a open stable with a swing door then if he needs shelter, he can come and go as he pleases, there will always be fresh water and food in there, as and when he needs it, because you cant tie these animals down, there free spirits and anyway it looks like its happy here as well so we will see what happens, anyways isnt it time that food was ready i am starving, and dont forget some vegetables for Niveus the guest of honour, getting up he went over to Petal and put his arms around her and kissed her, wiping off the flour she had on her nose and cheek he laughed and kissed her little soft nose, sitting back down again at the table he waited for his food patiently, thinking he knew what he wanted for his dessert, and as nice as those biscuits and apple tart looked it wasnt them.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal caught the glint in Toxic's eye and blushed, dropping her gaze to hide her smile. Growing up in a house full of males she knew what that look meant. Flustered she turned to get dinner on the table. As she ladled the stew into their bowls she mused at how right it felt to have Toxic here in her home, and after only meeting him this morning. She chanced a glance at him and gasped softly as she spilled some hot stew on her hand. Muttering to herself to keep her mind on her task, she forced all thoughts of Toxic out of her mind.

Setting the bowls on the table, she filled a shallow dish with stew and placed it down for Niveus, patting his silky neck as she did so. She returned to the table and on impulse leaned over and softly kissed Toxic's cheek as she passed him. Feeling her face flush but smiling she seated herself across from him. She took her spoon up and tasted the stew. It could use a bit more seasoning, she thought to herself in annoyance.

Taking small bites of her stew she listened to Toxic speak of his family. Pity welled within her to hear of their demise. She reached across the table and placed her hand on his. I'm so sorry to hear about your family. Though I'm not on good terms with mine, I can't imagine your loss. She smiled shyly at him. Perhaps here you'll find happiness and overcome your grief. Feeling she might have said too much, she dropped her eyes back to her bowl and continued eating.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Tucking into his stew he listened as Petal spoke, looking up at Petal he smiled as he looked once more into her wonderful green eyes i think i found my happiness that i have always been looking for here today with you, i know i only met you this morning but this feels so right, not sure how you feel, but Niveus i think has helped us all to have a great day together and look he is enjoying your stew as well, is there any left at all, your a great cook, refilling their mugs again he leaned back contented and happy as Petal emptied the pot and shared it out between the 3 plates.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal smiled as she listened to Toxic speak, her face glowing in happiness. She too felt as he did. Strange how one day can change a person's life, isn't it? she mused out loud. Embarrassed that she had spoken out, she hurriedly stood and began to pick up their dishes.

As Petal busied herself dishing out the rest of the stew, she couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to do this every night. A shadow crossed her features as the unbidden thought of her father and the man he had promised her to came to mind. She shoved the thought away. That was another lifetime, surely her father's promises could not mean anything now. She was free to do as she wished. And what she wished was to spend more time with Toxic.

Finished eating, Petal stood and gathered the bowls to set aside and wash up later. She wiped her hands on a cloth and turned to Toxic, hands on hips. Well, if we're going to be taking a walk, we should be going. It'll be dark soon. A small teasing smile curled her lips. You wouldn't want us to be lost in the woods at night, now, would you?
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Smiling he agreed, standing up he took the peggas rope and led him outside, when Petal locked up and joined them they all set off, he thought about being lost in the woods in the dark with Petal and this seemed a very good idea to him, as they walked along he took Petals hand and was relieved she didnt pull it away, as they reached the river, he stopped and took Petal in his arms and kissed her, without saying a word they all continued on as it got darker.