[ORP] Baptisms of Misty and tigerlily

Moderator: Community Team

Victorious

Re: [ORP] Baptisms of Misty and tigerlily

Post by Victorious »

Victorious smiles at the woman who takes a seat and as she gets closer the feeling gets stronger that she is somewhat familiar with her but is not quite sure why. She then looks at her cousin Misty with a slight grin, "Well then Misty please come forward and stand before me."
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Misty

Post by Misty »

"Well then Misty please come forward and stand before me."
Quickly glancing at Lily, I give her a 'wish me luck look', and hoping that I don't trip up, I step forward and stand in front of Victorious.

Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious watches her cousin step forward and smiles. She stands before her and turns to pick up the two potions. The clear potion is in her left hand and the green potion is in her right.

Misty you are about to embark on a journey that many of your family have done so already but I don't want you to choose to do so just because they have. This decision has to be for you and you alone. You have been a priestess for a long time now and so I am proud to help you move to the next step on your journey of self discovery.

In my hands, I have two potions.

The clear potion represents the appearance of many to be clear without any blemishes, but lacking any zeal, energy, or desire to improve.

The other potion represents your life in the future if you embrace the path of the Faith. You will always strive to improve, full of energy to do what is right, and the promise of your vows.

These potions should not be drank lightly. For once you have chosen the path, you have admitted your wholehearted decision to accept the Faith. Walking away from what you know to be right is the path to inner destruction.

I give you your choice. Do not do it for family members past, friends, or even for present family members. Pick your potion for yourself and drink from from it.

Victorious held out both your hands so that Misty could choose one of the potions.
ayla11

Post by ayla11 »

As ayla was sitting there watching she kept getting the impression that she new everything that was going on and wondered why... she shook her head and listened to what the young lady was saying
Misty

Post by Misty »

After listening to Victorious and letting the words sink in before making my choice, with an air of confidence I reach for the potion that Victorious holds in her right hand. Knowing that I am doing this because it is my own choice not because of what Family or Friends have done before makes it so much easier. Taking a deep breathe I quickly gulp down the green potion in one mouthful. It tastes horrible but I'm glad that it is the one that I chose.

Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious lets Misty take the green potion and quickly takes hold of her quarterstaff knowing the magic would start coursing her veins as she holds it. She smiles watching her drink the potion and the staff begins to glow a bright iridescent green and she holds it tightly as the magic fills her body. She takes the bottle from Misty and sets it down on the altar.

Looking proudly at her cousin, she lifts the staff and taps each side of her shoulders saying, "I now baptize you by the power of the Mages." She then set her staff leaning against the altar. Hugging her cousin tight, "I'm so very proud of you Misty. You have taken your first step on a journey that will last the rest of your life. I am always here for you cousin." She then puts around her neck a pendant attached to a leather necklace representing the Order of Mucaz. "Here is a token that you have accepted the faith and may you keep it close to your heart to show you a reminder of what the journey who are partaking in."

She takes a look at the stranger and smiles and then calls her aunt to step forward, "Please tigerlily step forward in front of me please if you are ready to be baptized."
Misty

Post by Misty »

Giving Victorious a big hug back and feeling so proud that my Cousin had Baptised me, I step back to let Lily come forward.

tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Lily tried to see Misty's face; when she tasted the green potion but she couldn't see it. She knew that she would be next but was very nervous. Glancing around, she hoped someone else would step forward for their baptism too but all she saw was a lady watching. Lily smiled shyly at her.

Seeing Misty stand aside, Lily knew it was her turn. Lily steps forward for her baptism.
ayla11

Post by ayla11 »

when the next young lady stepped forward ayla silently got to her feet and slipped away... she had a feeling that this was a family event and didnt want to intrude
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

As Victorious was waiting for lily she saw the woman take her leave and frowned for she would have loved to talk to the woman since she couldn't shake the feeling that she knew her. She sort of have had a likeness to herself which was odd. Her mother said she had a sister but couldn't remember anything about her. Her latest dreams made her think maybe she did have a sister somewhere close.

As Lily stepped forward she was snapped out of her thinking and focused on her aunt. With a nice smile directed at her aunt she began to speak. "Greetings Lily, it is your turn to be baptized. Have you come forward on your own decision to be baptized and not because none of your family or friends have coaxed you in doing so?"