[RP] Toxic's Dump

Moderator: Community Team

Toxic

[RP] Toxic's Dump

Post by Toxic »

Booting open the door of the run down shack, he threw his stuff down on the broken bed, looking around at the festering pit, he smiled he would be happy here, sitting down on the rickerty old chair he got his special herbs out and stuffed them in his pipe, lighting it he looked around and saw a rat looking at him from the corner of the room, raising his pipe to him he smiled and waved to it, hey i will call you Boris, welcome to my home, laughing he took a bottle out his pocket and took a huge swig, after emptying the bottle he threw it in the fireplace and settled down for a kip.
Petal

Re: [RP] Toxic's Dump

Post by Petal »

On her way into town Petal slowly meandered down the path, taking in the sights. Her steps slowed as something caught her eye way off the path. Another ramshackle cottage quite a bit like her own. And this one had smoke curling out of it's chimney. She stopped and bit her lip. Though she wanted to meet her new neighbors and this cabin was the closest to hers, she was a bit apprehensive about approaching. This cabin had an air of neglect to it that hers hadn't, in spite of signs of inhabitants. Well, I'll have to meet them sometime, she reasoned with herself to work up the courage, and turned off the path towards the shack.

Slowly nearing Petal's eyes darted back and forth, looking for some sign of life. As she reached the door, a rustling noise startled her and she jumped, barely biting back a scream as an extremely large rodent ran around the side of the building and disappeared into the woods. She shuddered and almost turned back, but having come this far decided to at least knock on the door.

Petal raised her hand and timidly knocked, taking a step back as she waited for an answer.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Woken up by a knock on the door, he angrily flung the door open, ready to shout at whoever had just woken him up, pleasantly surprised to see a pretty woman standing there all shy and nervous, he stepped back, all anger gone , hi, how may i help you, i havent been here very long,just moved in this dump but your welcome to come in but i must warn you the place is a tip not had a chance to sort it out yet, name is Toxic, friends call me Tox, very nice to meet you, trying to not stare at her to much he waited to see what she wanted.
Petal

Post by Petal »

The flinging open of the door startled Petal and she stepped back again with a small gasp. Somewhat off-balance she looked down to her feet then tilted her head back up as the man introduced himself to be met with a pair of the bluest eyes she had ever seen. She felt a flush creep up her cheeks and dropped her gaze only to have it fall on his chest, partially exposed by his half-open shirt. Tearing her gaze back up she felt her cheeks flame as she realized the man was waiting for her to answer him. She opened her mouth but snapped it closed again, suddenly at a loss for words as she beheld his eyes again. Get a grip on yourself, she silently berated herself, all too aware of her own bedraggled appearance. Her hand came up to tuck an errant lock of hair back behind her ear while the other attempted to smooth the front of her skirt.

He..he..llo, she said, completely flustered. I'm P..P..etal. She gripped her hands tightly before her and clamped her mouth shut again, cursing the stammer that she thought had been left behind in childhood. It had always been worse when she was flustered or upset. Speaking slowly, she forced more words out, all the while trying to look anywhere but at his chest or into his mesmerizing eyes. I just moved in d..d...down the r..r..road. Praying for a hole to open up beneath her and swallow her whole, she felt her cheeks burning. He's going to think I'm a complete idiot, she thought with dismay.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Laughing he took her hand and shook it, hey theres no need to be nervous, i would invite you in but i have nothing to offer you, tea or anything, not even a chair to sit on, even Boris my pet seems to have ran off somewhere, as my new neighbour could i interest you in joining me for a a drink in the local tav, get to know each other better and then it might settle your nerves, your ok i dont bite, well not much and just to let you know i would never think your a idiot, quite the opposite in fact, its very nice to meet you Petal, very pleased in fact, its very nice to have such a pleasant neighbour such as yourself, my last neighbour was a mad old lady used to sacrifice animals and people at all hours of the day and night the screaming was hell at times but you got used to it after a bit, i heard about this place and decided to move go where the work was and hopefully some normal people, so do you fancy a drink in the tav, maybe get some food, and you can tell me what made you move here, and what you think of the town, i havent been here long as you can see by the mess, need to make a start on it but first this drink, standing back a bit more to give her space, he was relieved to see his new neighbour looking a bit more relaxed and not so nervous.
Petal

Post by Petal »

As he took her hand, Petal felt an almost physical jolt go through her. She forced herself to gently disentangle her hand from his as she tried to concentrate on his words. Looking at his eyes and just as quickly away, she was mortified to catch herself staring at his chest again. Clenching her jaw she glanced over his shoulder into the interior of his home, relieved for the distraction. At his mention of a drink in the tavern her eyes automatically went back to his, knowing it was a mistake as soon as she was captured by their blue depths again, instantly losing her train of thought.

Petal's eyes opened wide as it sunk in that he was inviting her for a drink. She was almost tempted to turn around and look to see who he was talking to as she had never been asked out, especially by a man like this. Her father had always arranged her outings and she had never had a choice in the matter.

I..I..I would l..love to join you f..f..or a d..d..drink, she stammered, feeling her blush deepen. She gripped her hands in front of her to steady them and took a deep breath. When he took a step back she instinctively took a step closer to him then caught herself, stepping back quickly. She turned and glanced down the path towards the road, trying to think. I haven't m..met any other neighb..b..bors yet, but I didn't hear any s..screaming last night. She turned back to him, flashing a smile. I think you're s..s..safe from sacrif..f..ices here. A slight frown crossed her face and she looked down at the ground. Though I did see a huge rat scamper away. She lifted her eyes back to his and all thoughts fell out of her head. Realizing she was staring again, she blinked and shook her head slightly. She put on a brilliant smile. Shall we g..g..go then?
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Smiling he led the way out, slamming the door shut, as they walked along to the tav talking, he wondered why she seemed so nervous, he realised she was a really nice friendly person, she just needed to have a word with the stammer monster, and gain a bit more confidence, i am really hungry now, not sure about you, but i could eat a horse or three, laughing he banged Petal on the back making her jump, realising he better go easy on her as she still seemed to be rather nervous and not wanting to scare her away they continued on in silence to the tav.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

When they reached his shack he grabbed his sword and a rope quick and they made there way to the nearest field, placing Petal in the middle, he started running around shouting and waving his sword about, hey you, i am going to kill you, you miserable wench, come here and let me kill me you evil bad wench, chasing Petal around he started to have more fun than he had ever had in his entire life, trying to sound menacing and more like a murderer he continued to charge about like a madman possed, chasing her round and round the field after 30 mins he started getting out of breath, finding it dam hard to shout and concentrate and act menacingly and breath all at the same time and also avoiding the many cowpats scattered around as he had noticted the field was a cow field with a few mean moody looking cows and a huge bull at the far end of the field, looking up at the sky he saw no winged beastie in sight, stopping for a quick breather and waving to Petal to stay in place he charged over to her shouting and waving his sword round not seeing the large stone till it was to late tripping head first he landed at petals feet taking her out,and as petal crashed to the floor, she screamed so piercing and loud and never ending it seemed, he thought his eardrums was going to be damaged for life, laying across by Petal's legs he swore he heard flapping he wasnt sure as his ears was still ringing and felt like they was bleeding inside, looking up he saw a large white object, horrified he saw a pure white pegasus ready to kick his head off his shoulders, looking down and not looking forward to losing his head, especially when he had just found the girl of his dreams, he noticed the pegasus had a bad swollen leg, moving slowly out the way of the beasts legs he went round to the side of it as it was distracted looking at Petal, and taking the rope he had concealed in the grass he put it round its neck, and held on tight, he was surprised when it didnt offer much resistance as it seemed to know it needed help, stroking its neck he offered a hand up to Petal who was watching all this in utter amazement still on the ground, hey its ok, its hurt we need to help it urgently, lets get it back to my place, have you got any herbs or something at your house, we need to get this swelling down and find out the cause of it, they left the field slowly leading the pegasus back to his shack, talking to it and reassuring it that it was quite safe and in no danger.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal stood in the middle of the field looking after Toxic as he began to run around. Bringing her hand up to her mouth she attempted to stifle her giggles but they got the better of her as she watched him race around like a mad man. He came after her and she squealed as she darted away, laughing helplessly. Soon though they both became breathless and stood, trying to catch their breaths, her more from laughing than running. Looking up, she saw him suddenly come after her, the sword held high as he charged. He was almost upon her when he suddenly fell forward, knocking her to the ground and winding her. As she fell she felt a sharp stabbing pain in her ankle and screamed. As she hit the ground the scream was cut short as her breath was knocked out of her. She lay there a few minutes, stunned and seeing stars, feeling his weight across her legs.

As she slowly regained her breath, a shadow fell across her and she looked up, stifling a gasp at the large white creature above her. She felt Toxic roll off her but couldn't take her eyes from the Pegasus. After what seemed like an eternity she saw a rope fall over it's neck. As Toxic slowly led it away she pulled herself up to a sitting position and glanced down at her ankle. Her stomach gave a lurch as she saw bright red blood. Glancing to make sure that Toxic was preoccupied with the Pegasus, she quickly wiped away the blood, grateful to see that it was only a slight cut from the tip of his sword when he fell.

When Toxic offered his hand, she gingerly stood and put her weight on her ankle, hiding a grimace as the dull ache. She smiled brightly at him and turned her attention to the Pegasus. The beauty of the animal took her breath away and made her forget her ankle. She tentatively held out a hand and stroked it's silky neck. Seeing that Toxic seemed to have a way with the animal, she let him take the lead and followed him back to his house. As they walked, she hung back a bit to favor her ankle and used the opportunity to let her gaze wander back and forth between him and the Pegasus, unable to decide which amazed her more. Looking at Toxic with admiration, she nodded when he asked about herbs. I have s..some in my place, she told him as they passed her home. I'll run in and grab them and meet you at your p..place.

Hurrying into her home she hid a slight limp as best she could. She closed the door behind her and hobbled over to her cupboards, pulling out a small bag she had brought on her travels. Sitting down at the table she quickly wiped the remaining blood from her ankle and after applying a salve wrapped it tight. Gathering her things, she left her home and hurried next door where she could see Toxic with the Pegasus. Ignoring the sight of his muscles rippling across his back as he bent to the leg of the creature, she stopped at his side and opened her bag. Here, I think this m..m...might help, she said as she pulled out some herbs.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Taking the herbs from Petal he spread them over its leg as he gently rubbed them in a huge thorn started working its way out pulling it out he saw the leg swelling instantly go down, rubbing some healing herbs over the wound he then wrapped a clean rag around the leg and fastened it tight, standing back up he stroked the horse and patted it and gave it some hay and fetched over a bucket of water for it to drink from, as it drank thirstily he looked over at Petal taking her hand he placed it on the horse and watched as she stroked it with a big smile on her face, isnt it a great beast, so proud and it must be a lot happier now that thorn is out, we will let it rest and eat and then decide what to do next , now whats up with your leg, i think i caught you as i fell, let me look, helping her down he took off the rag and saw it was only a small cut, taking some of the healing herbs he rubbed it in and wrapped a clean rag round it, helping her back up he took her in his arms and kissed her, taking a step back he looked at her and wondered if he should apologise, deciding to anyway he looked into those wonderful emerald green eyes of hers , i am so sorry, i couldnt help myself but what with helping the pegasus and everything else today it just happened i had to do it, it seemed the right thing to do and i hope i didnt offend you in anyway, looking down he hoped he hadnt blown it, turning his attention back to the beast to check how it was doing.