What its like to be not quite alive.

Moderator: Community Team

Wagnard

What its like to be not quite alive.

Post by Wagnard »

What is it like to not have a definite lifespan? What is it like to be not quite dead but moving around faking it like you are? I know there is quite a few personages out there that just don't quite get it that souls stuck in our bodies are for suckers, and that undeath's where its all at.

By all means, please post your ideas and comments on what you think of being undead, a spirit without a body, soul-less, or like me, sticking some spirit in some object in order to have a form of immortality with a very clever contract.
Karcier_Aisu

Re: What its like to be not quite alive.

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

If I was to play an undead character I would probably be a zombie with some memory and trying to re-establish myself into society now the only given problem is that like most undead there is normally a ...drive a lust for sometihng. E.i Zombies always hungry..vampires its blood ..I'd assume a lich devours souls ? Mind you that roleplay would be awesome.

So its an eternal life for a price, as these desires tend to not be liked by the living. And they would effectively try to 'kill' you for good.

So to me, its merely a question of time and passing it. Eventually I tihnk any undead type would go mentally unstable to some degree and make so many enemies that they would be destroyed.
Wagnard

Post by Wagnard »

Thats crazy. Ha ha ha!

No, being not quite alive is very interesting. Liches have only one unhealthy overriding desire that borders on the insanity you ascribe. That being the consumption of knowledges. They traded their limited form for a more immortal one in order to keep their intellect so they could pursue a study or skill until the end of all time. Like you said over time they forget everything except the lusty pursuit of this information. The best way to not be destroyed by a lich is... stay out of their way. The best way to get their full and destructive attention is to hide or secret away the knowledge they seek. Needless to say the knowledge would take centuries to attain, otherwise why not stay mortal life to attain it?

Vampires need blood to keep them sustain, Ghosts need living souls, but Liches need to pursue their knowledge to keep their animated force. If they stagnate, they die. But what happens when they find the ultimate knowledge, or when they utterly fail and cannot continue?
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

I'd assume if they found 'all' knowledge ( if thats possible) then in that knowledge would have been a way to prevent the stagnation and degradation in theory...that or they'd make new knowledge to sustain themselfs ...lie's and untrue knowledge so to speak . imo of course.
Wagnard

Post by Wagnard »

Methinks the unlife is single minded and no room for other than a straight line. Ghosts have single purposes they do over and over again never changing. The same would be for most anyone not quite all there. When the purpose is fufilled its all over. Ghosts disappear in the netherworld their quest finished. Vampires never quit drinking blood but if they stopped they probably would die or go sleep until they could get some. As for liches once the knowledge they desire is attained in the centuries it takes they probably just let their body deteriorate in the same spot while they contemplate it forever.

It would be nice to have another unliving personage attend this converse too.