-Inn- The Limping Knight - Kael's Room

Moderator: Community Team

Kael_Storsai

-Inn- The Limping Knight - Kael's Room

Post by Kael_Storsai »

Dear Journal,
After my release from prison I wondered the streets of Imperious, I didn't like new places nor new towns it took a while for me to figure out a few places to avoid and places to visit for future work. I didn't mind it really, the place stank of the usual creature excrements. Puddles of yellow water littered the more poorer streets..I found an Inn, the Limping Knight. It ain't bad, wench be descent enough to me.
The night caved in over the bright blue skies, washed away by stars and utter darkness. One man roamed the dark unlit streets of Imperious poorer area, leather armour with a short sword to his side and a Sai attached to his belt. He walked casually, whistling in the darkness. People moved aside as he walked by them, the few that he saw at least. They knew his kind, mercenaries, theives and killers. Who could blame them. His raggy unkept hair was a messy, he stank pretty bad after a week in prison and he had slept in his own filth.

His footsteps made squish noises as he walked over to a board, he looked down and grumbled. "yellow blimin' puddles all o'der da place" he would need to buy new boots. He looked back up at the board and examined it, eventually he pulled a paper off and read it as best as he could.

"Liming...Night...oom..or ale..." he smirked, he liked Ale. He would need to find this place if he was to get ale. He shook a bit of the liquid off his boots and walked on into the dark streets until he stumbled across a few drunks, then the familliar sound of music and cheerful patrons sounded in the distance. He walked over to it, following the music like a moth drawn to a light.

An Inn. The building was tall, two levels from what he could see. The front door lay on the ground half broken, he took care to walk around it and headed to the bar. A old women, sat on a chair behind the bar knitting. He politly pushed through the crowds, a few dwarves were fightign in the corner whilst some elves looked from side to side whispering to each other pausing as they caught Kaels glance. He leaned over the bar and coughed once to get her attention.

She looked up and her face stiffened up a bit as she caught the smell of Kael.

"Son, you would be in need of a good bath..."

"Aye Madame...and a place to sleep too...do ya still be havin'g a room for sale...I'll pay ya a bit more for a nice hot bath ta wash dis filfth off.."

She smiled sweetly and nodded. "Of course deary, go on up and ignore the rabble...they'll leave around midnight..and please by the mages take a bath soon."

And so he had his room, sure he had even less coins then before but it was a start.