[ORP] New way forward

Moderator: Community Team

Bill

[ORP] New way forward

Post by Bill »

It was Afternoon as Bill rolled a barrel in front of the Town hall and placed it before the door. He hopped onto the Barrel and called out loudly
People of Imperius! Hear ye' Hear ye' I got a urgent matters to tell you! News about this day and days to come!
Bill cleared his throat before he began speaking to the masses.

It has came to my knowledge that mayoress Aingeal is a petty thief! She's been robbing towns in her early life. Such like Imperius. Taking from the treasury, like if it would be her own money. I say NO! It is not her money, it is money that belongs to the citinzen's that live in that town to make our lives better and upkeep the town militia and town walls. How have you people let a robber like that to take over the leadership of this town? She grows fat and old her office while we struggle to live. She has not taken care of the militia and she has lowered the price of wheat by one freznic, is she stealing that money, supposed to upkeep militia and support wheat farmers? YES!

Bill raises his hand into air and shouts with an angry voice

We are not her personal piggy banks! Imperius doesn't belong to the mayoress, it belongs to the people that lives in it! She is nothing without us! Have she realized that? NO! She is a selfless and petty little thing shunned by her own family, they call her a 'dead one' for a good reason don't you think? So, i think too!

Imperius is being corrupted, Zuan, the king itself knows of Aingeal's crimes and still he pretends nothing happened. Where is justice? WHERE IS JUSTICE?
In the money pouch, all is possible when you pay the officials a right amount. I am unsatisfied and i feel betrayed. I am being chased down by an army, because they don't like the way i am speaking. Demanding a better conditions for people of Imperius, the people that live here.

Bill lowers his voice into a rather dark one and points at the town hall.

They are all pieces of Cheese, they will never be a full slices! It is time to react!
Zuan

Re: [ORP] New way forward

Post by Zuan »

First off I am glad to see people coming to the Square to discuss things openly and publically, and I hope this is a trend which is to continue. Be it Political, Social, or otherwise it is always great to see the Square of Imperius used by it’s people. However, now I would like to focus on the matter at hand, and the accusations Bill has made, some true, some false, most out-of context. Which is why I am here, as a Citizen of Imperius, and also King of Fenia to bring to light some of the truths behind Bill’s accusations, yet also why his accusations are both unfounded, and immature.

Now first off, your accusations about Aingeal’s past. Since neither I, nor you, were around during those times I think it is in appropriate for either of us to discuss those matters, why, because what we are told does not necessitate to fact nor justice. Petty rumours and coercive lies are not something we here in Fenia tolerate nor accept in keeping the peace, or protecting the citizens. Now let me remind you, Fenia has no Judicial Treaty with either Bravia nor with Kiene therefore any actions or ‘accusations’ against Aingeal there cannot be prosecuted here. Since I have heard no complaint from the current Mayor of Cork, Idra, where Aingeal was previously stationed I can only assume that she completed her job to an appropriate level and that she was acting within the law.
Now, as for letting her become Mayor of Imperius, well I played my role in that election as the Monarch, no I did not vote, as I wish to remain impartial to all the candidates. However as Monarch I have the right to decide whether or not people run for the election. We had three candidates, one indirectly requested to run, one directly, and one being yourself broke the law and decided to run anyway. Instead of prosecuting you, I allowed you all to run, why because I favour democracy on local level. It is important for citizens to pick their own representative, being someone they can trust, talk to, and work with. If I was to go and hand-pick Mayors, like Previous Monarchs did democracy would be dead, and that is not something I wish to achieve, I know that’s ironic when I wear a crown, but local democracy is vital for success.
With Democracy comes the ability to pick and vote, and Aingeal won the election by Majority vote, and therefore it is my belief she has the backing of the Citizens of Imperius and therefore my backing as the Monarch of Fenia. Your final comment was you saying “It is time to react!” Let me remind you, and anyone else thinking it, but unsanctioned revolt violates the laws of Fenia and anyone committing crimes will be punished. There are ofcourse other ways to react, by speaking here, like you have done and that is commendable. And also through the ballot box, which opens in 10 days, and then all citizens can peacefully pick their mayor. If you wish to run Bill, again I will not stop you despite breaking your oaths, and failing to uphold the laws of Fenia on a multitude of occasions.

The Militia has been taken care of, and in the same respects we also have a well-armed unit of soldiers in town, who are there to assure no threats enter our town through the Kill List, and would encourage anyone thinking about it to join us in the Army, there is no cost to joining, nor do you lose working days by being a member yet you help protect the town from any incoming enemies who might seek to harm our lands. In regards to the Wheat, Aingeal is like Amanda in Fenia City working to the limits provided by the VR, where our Finance Minister has updated our Buy/Sell List and therefore there is a change in prices to buying and selling for the town to keep it profitable. If the Mayors have issue or the Citizens well then that can always be reviewed if people speak to myself on the matter.
You then go on to do something quite despicable, and low of character you claim she is shunned by her family, well that is again not true, I believe her Husband, Anessen supports her, and If you are referring to the ‘family’ who have openly admitted they want to kill her. Wish to invade Imperius, Kill citizens, and constantly harass people, then yes, that ‘family’ called her a ‘dead one’ The leader of that family is also rightfully outlawed in this Kingdom for a multitude of crimes, such as helping take Widu, and anything they say to damage the fabric and community spirit of Imperius or Fenia as a whole is to be taken as just another attempt to weaken our Kingdom, because they now realize their swords are not as sharp as their tongues in doing so.
You then go on to accuse Aingeal of corruption, and perhaps even by own justice system. You then claim an army is hunting you because you speak your mind. Well let me explain why you are being hunted, and hopefully this will show the citizens of Imperius your character. Bill you are being hunted for not once, but now twice breaking the Oath you swore to me, and the Army of Fenia when you signed up, reporting tactics and numbers to those outlawed by Fenia. Your actions were both dishonourable and low of character, and therefore your justice was handed to you by the Army hierarchy and by myself as King, which is to have you executed for your actions against the Crown. No Man should betray an Oath, nor sell themselves out to those who are outlawed for Coin. You did both of these things, and therefore you will get your Justice, and so will Fenia for your betrayal.

The King’s justice will be done, and the Army will no longer house your betrayal, your words here today signify that, as you incite revolt, and insult the Mayor of Imperius without any just evidence. If you have evidence it’ll be brought to trail, if not be gone with you, and your snaked words of hatred and deceit. I bid you good day.
High King of The Fenians - Brother to Dahlia, Ambra, Trinity, Sera & Zhou