[ORP] A New Begining

Moderator: Community Team

Gawain

Re: [ORP] A New Begining

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiled at Tuvoria. "Any piece will be great. I have no preference as I like all parts so I'll leave the choice up to you, cousin. "

He then took a sip from his glass as he turned to Wyllow. "It was great, I enjoyed my ride. I followed the river from the meadow upstream until I reached a hill and then stayed up on the hill top awhile just enjoying the scenery and sounds of nature. I picked those oranges on my way back." He nodded towards the sack he had put on the kitchen counter. "Perhaps we could have some of them with dessert, depending on what dessert is of course."
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"Well then let me get started on carving up this delicious looking bird while the two of you start with the veggies."

Tuvoria then began to carve the bird, giving Wyllow a leg and thigh combo while serving Gawain and himself each a good piece of breast meat.

"Wyllow my dear, will you kindly pass me the veggies and a couple of the rolls? Now as to desert, Gawain, we have some lovely looking orange rolls that should go great with some of that tea we picked up yesterday."

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She watched as he handled the knife. And when he asked she nodded. 'Oh, yes, here you are.' She first held the plate for him to take vegetables from, then held the basket full of rolls. She offered the rolls also to Gawain before putting the small basket down.

'Yes, dessert I hope will be a treat! And it is a good thing we all seem to like oranges.' She chuckled. She did indeed love all aspect of oranges. Their fragrance always seemed to be something that brought her comfort. She then spoke to Gawain about her shop. 'I was telling Tuv, earlier about my new shop.. just at the edge of town. I can not wait to get started, though I want to finish up my learning before I do so.'

She had been taking classes for a while now, and expected to be done soon. 'I also think I have found a name for it too.' She had already asked Tuvoria, and he had suggested Orange Blossom Breads. She liked it very much, but gave it a little twist. She glanced at Tuvoria and before she took a bite of her food, she said it simply. 'I was thinking as I was setting up the table.. I think Orange Blossom Bakery is the perfect name for it.' Her eyes twinkled as she glanced at him, before she looked to her plate and took a bite.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"The name sounds great Wyl. I must also say this chicken is wonderful. I can't wait to see how the orange rolls come out."

Tuvoria then takes a big mouthful of the chicken as he smiles at Wyllow.

"Let me know if I can do anything to help in getting the bakery set up Wyl."

Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain helped himself to some vegetables and thanked Wyllow as she offered him the bread rolls, taking one. Thanking Tuvoria for the chicken, he then started to eat some of what was on his plate nodded as he listened to Wyllow.

Swallowing his mouthful, Gawain smiled at Wyllow.
"The orange rolls do sound as if they will be a treat, perhaps we can have some orange slices with them.

The shop sounds great and the name sounds great too. Good luck with it."
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She smiled at Tuvoria as she began to eat. 'I think orange slices would go well with those..' She said thoughtfully, thinking about the sweet-rolls. Though she would probably prefer an orange. They certainly were delightfully sweet this time of the year.

After chewing and swallowing her first bite of broccoli, she continued. 'Thanks, Tuv. I just might need a hand. It is still in a little rough shape. But, I think it will work out to be exactly what I was looking for.' She thought of the possibilities of the place. 'There is so much I think I can do there.' Her hand held her fork as her imagination ran wild. She then pushed the thoughts off of herself. Tonight wasn't about her. It was a night about good friends and good company.

'I bet it was lovely out there on your ride today. Sometimes when I get away... I just run for the sake of it... feeling the wind on my face...' She then quieted quickly, cutting herself off. It wasn't like her to simply start talking about that part of her life. And she wasn't certain what made her do so now. For so long it hadn't been something she was able to talk about.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"I'm glad to hear that Wyl. I think you will do well with the bakery. I was planning to head into to town in a day or so. I will have to stop by and take a look. I want to start looking at saws, chisels, vises, and a lathe. I've always had an affinity for wood. I'm thinking of expanding the barn out back to add a carpentry workshop. What do both of you think"

Tuv paused speaking for just a bit as he took another bite of chicken and quickly wiped his chin as a bit of the natural juices ran down off of his lip.

"Gawain was that hill you climbed the one on the southern edge of meadow? I have thought about going up there. I hope it wasn't to much of a climb. Keep talking, I'm just going to get that other bottle of wine and bring it in here real quick."

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Supper seemed to be progressing well. She was very happy to have had the chance to sit down with the two of them in such a way. There was an ease in the air like old friends. The wine was fantastic, and as she took one last bite of her chicken, she simply could not eat anymore. She looked at the spread. They had made a dent for sure, but not nearly enough. Leftovers. What a delicious hearty pie this could make.

She listened to Tuvoria as she chewed, then swallowed before speaking. 'Yes, please do. That sounds like a fantastic idea! I didn't know you liked working with wood...' She paused then and thought for a second or two. '... no, wait, I think I do remember you mentioning it once, now that I think on it.' She nodded then. 'At any rate, oh my.. that would be great.' She smiled then and looked to Gawain to hear about his day.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Taking a mouthful, Gawain chewed as he listened to both of them speak, then swallowed it before speaking to Wyllow first.

“Yes, I enjoyed my ride. I like being amongst nature, exploring and enjoying it. Tuv has shared with me about a certain part of your life, so I understand why you feel the need to be secretive about things, you can relax, your secret is safe with me. I see that it does have its advantages, you have healed quickly. Having lived in both Cork and Paz...I know some people that I later found out were the same as you, they try to hide what they are too for fear of being shunned, I will of course never say who they are. I know a lot of people would shun them for what they are, but I feel that they should not be shunned at all, as in for example, in your case, they became one by accident, it was not their fault.”

He nodded as he listened to Tuv.

“I remember that you have an interest in working with wood and I think it is a great idea to make carpentry your workshop. I like to work with wood a bit too, but I myself am a butcher as that was what Paz needed when I was ready to learn a trade. Also as a butcher, I am learning the additional art of gem crafting, which is polishing the uncut gem stones but those polished stones can be used by either myself or to supply others to adorn various items or make jewellery.

Yes, the hill is indeed on the southern edge of the meadow, just follow the river upstream to it. I didn’t find it difficult because I was riding, but it could be a bit of a challenge if you are just climbing. I think the view from the top is well worth the effort of the climb.”
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She nodded to Gawain a thanks to him. She chuckled then at the comment about her healing. 'Yes, it can have advantages.' She grinned wryly. 'It is good to know that there are others around. I have always know that there were, it is just that... Things are so very unpredictable.' She thought then of her brother. 'Yes, it is just safer..' she then added with the thought.

As conversation turned to Tuv becoming a carpenter, she couldn't help but feel that it was a perfect fit. She knew that he would do well and succeed with it. She thought that it was interesting that a butcher would be interested in gems.

She then chimed in as he described his ride. 'There is really much of Widu I have not explored yet.' It was strange to think that she hadn't yet. Most of her exploring took place as far away from Widu as she could muster. Away from civilization, she had decided, was best for everyone.

She then shifted the conversation back to their meal. 'Did everyone get enough? There is more here if anyone would like seconds.'