{ORP} Encounters in the Meadow

Moderator: Community Team

Tuvoria

Re: {ORP} Encounters in the Meadow

Post by Tuvoria »

Meridoc hears the bell ring and walks out to see his old friend from his Long Patrol days and someone whom he doesn't recognize.

"Tuvvy old chap, how you doing you bugger!"

Upon hearing Tuvoria's introduction he sticks his hairy hound out to shake hands with Gawain.

"So Gawain tis nice to meet you. Pity you actually claim this guy as your cousin. Just kidding. Tuvvy and I go back to his time with the Long Patrols. One of the best scouts the group every had. Anyway I just happened to get some nice Fire Whiskey from the Hills of Fenia and I got some Northern Forrest Valley Cognac. I've also got some great Riesling from Bravia along with some Iskir Berry Wine from your homelands Tuvvy. So what is your poison of choice today laddies?"

{screwed up here :roll: :oops: :roll: meant to post this reply as my NPC Meridoc. Please consider all the above in this post as from him}

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiles as Tuvoria introduces him to his friend Meridoc and shakes Meridoc's hand whilst listening to him speak.

"Tis nice to meet you too, Meridoc.

All of those sound nice, so shall we take one of each to try, Tuv? In addition, do you happen to have any Brandy, Meridoc?"
Meridoc

Post by Meridoc »

"Brandy you say ol chap. That indeed I do. Follow me."

Meridoc then turns around, blows smoke rings with his pipe and motions with it for both Tuvoria and Gawain to follow him.

"Just got this stuff in the other day. This is a very good and well round blend that has aged about 12 years."

Meridoc quickly then grabs three small glasses, opens a a bottle, and pours out a small sample for Gawain, Tuvoria, and himself.

"A free sample to old comrades and new friends. Pass the lips and over the tongue, look at belly here she comes! Cheers and wot!"
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria follows Meridoc and takes the glass that he offers him. He raises his glass and smiles as Meridoc recites the old Long Patrol drinking toast then downs his sample of Brandy.

"You always did have a way of finding the good stuff Merri. I do agree Gawain with your suggestions. Merri pack up a bottle of the wine, whiskey, and cognac for us. What say you Gawain, shall we get a bottle of this brandy as well?"

Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain follows Meridoc and takes the glass that he offers him. He raises his glass and listens as Meridoc says a few words and downs his brandy. He then listens to Tuvoria and looks at both Meridoc and Tuv and nods to Tuv with a smile.

"Yes, I agree that's a good drop, so let's take a bottle of it as well."
Meridoc

Post by Meridoc »

"Indeed it is Gawain. Let me get things packed up for you laddies and we can settle up. Will you be needing anything else Tuvvy old chap?"

Meridoc then scampers off behind the storeroom door and begins to package up the order and quickly returns to settle up the sale.
Former Long Patrol Scout
Current purveyor of fine spirits
Prancing Pony Wine & Spirits
Widu, Kiene
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"I think that covers everything we need Gawain, other that fodder for the horse, right?"

Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiled at Tuvoria.

"Yes that covers everything here, Tuv. I just need to get the fodder for my horse now., and then we can head home."

He glanced at Meridoc.

"It was nice to meet you, Meridoc"
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

.... a few days later.....

Tuvoria woke up surprisingly clear headed and feeling more alive than ever after the night with both Gawain and Wyllow having been over for dinner. He thought about just putting on a kettle for tea and relaxing, but the call of nature was strong this morning. He quickly penned a note and left it on the table, then headed for the meadow. He took a bit of a roundabout way to his spot in the meadow. His mind was awash with emotions and thoughts concerning Wyllow. He knew he loved her and that he wanted her to be a part of his life. He also knew that their relationship would not be the typical one that most would expect. Her hidden identity could make some uneasy and spell hardship. However, he could face that. What concerned him was an aspect of his past, a part he wished he could forget, a part that for the most part he had kept tucked away in his mind. That was until he realized that his closest companion during that part of his life, was now residing here in Widu. Meridoc was a part of that history. One that began to cause Tuvoria some deep pain.

Taking his normal spot in the center of the meadow, Tuvoria took of his boots and wiggled his toes into the cool morning earth. As he sat facing the morning sun as it rose, just listening to the the calls of the animals welcoming the new day, if one looked closely they would say that tears were running down the normally stoic elf's face. Barely above a whisper could be heard
"I have to tell her. I may be a part of what has caused her so much pain. We never considered the fact that they might come here, at least I didn't." Raising his arms to the sky Tuvoria cried out: "O Mages, please forgive me, give me strength, and give me the words to say to Wyllow. Help me to know if I am to blame."

Tuvoria then sat in silence for some time before somberly getting up, putting his boots on and heading back to his house to gather a few things and head into town.