Cows

Moderator: Community Team

Fulga90

Cows

Post by Fulga90 »

Hi,
I have a cow field, but so far I don't get profit. What I'm doing wrong? [td]-230.5[/td]
dayprice/cowwheatjob paymentmilkcarcasseshides
total11216071112.5
Wyllow

Re: Cows

Post by Wyllow »

Hello!

From what I can gather from the town books (tutorial) on this subject, is that the only time of year cow fields production is highest is during the Fall. I also read that some people have a specific style in how they feed and purchase their cows. Some feed every day, some feed every other. Some buy their cows all at once, some buy only one a day until their field is full.

I must admit, that I have never had a cow field before and can only guess at best here. I have also looked around town and have noticed that you have a corn field. If it were I and I had a cow field, I would switch my corn field for wheat. But that is personal preference. It may help to feed your cows that way, rather than having to buy it.. but that too is subject to season when it comes to production. But might be worth a try. It may just be one of those things that evens out when you are in your correct season. I know that with my wheat fields, that certainly is the case. Winter months or terrible for my crops!

As it seems, it looks like you have one of the two cow fields that are active. (the other belonging to Grace.) Which can be daunting when needing help with things like this, however, I believe everyone appreciates you and your cows for the products that you probably provide for the market, as there seems to be a market for those items, of course.

Sorry I can not offer much more assistance. Hopefully someone that has some knowledge in this area can put some advice forth to help you out.
Fulga90

Post by Fulga90 »

Thank you for your answer. Maybe that's the beauty of it. I have to try different types of feeding :) I had a wheat field and gained about 40 bags of wheat and I thought it will be enough for several months :lol:
If I manage to find an answer, I'll post here as an advanced tutorial.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Hello Fulgo, I would try feeding the cows every other day and stop milking the cows for now. It should help on the costs but you won't see a profit till you slaughter them I think.

Hope that helps.
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Fulga90

Post by Fulga90 »

Thank you. I'll do that :)