✿ Orange Blossom Bakery ✿

Moderator: Community Team

Wyllow

Re: ✿ Orange Blossom Bakery ✿

Post by Wyllow »

She came from behind the counter after a fairly productive morning, wiping the flour from her hands on her apron. It was a voice she recognized well. She looked at the get-up and shook her head. Like that was a disguise that would work. To her, he was always full of surprises.

Uncle Bale... she said with a wry smile. What trouble are you up to today? I could certainly make you a large enough pie -- did you want Dragon Sized? Or several normal ones, we could certainly do. What flavour do you prefer? Id even give you a family discount on it. She chuckled to herself knowing there was soon chaos to follow somewhere..

Gabriel came in the back door bringing in several sacks of flour as well as restocking the copious amounts of honey used in making sweets and breads for sale. Thanks, keep on the wheat until we have about 1/4th the stock left. The lad nodded and headed back out the door.

She looked back at Balerion. How have you been lately? Anything new, other than ...pie?
balerion

Post by balerion »

As soon as Wyllow said the word 'dragon' the parrot woke up and squawked, Awk! No dragons here! Awk!

Dragon sized, are there a lot of dragons around these parts? Balerion did his best to look afraid. However doing so made his nose itch and he grabbed a handkerchief. It of course went up in flames and he patted them out and disposed of it. Discretely of course. No I don't need anything dragon sized just enough pie to feed seve... nint... one hundred and twenty men. Hearing this the parrot squawked again. My apologies, one hundred twenty men and a parrot. Polly looked pleased hearing this. I'm not sure who this uncle Bale fellow is but he sounds like a wonderful person one day I hope I can meet him. I on the other hand am the dead pirate... I mean dread pirate Bartholomew. My ship docked in Paz just this week. I am the proud captain of the Not So Jolly Roger. Though the idea of a discount does sound nice. Today blueberry is a must.

Balerion looked rather intently at the honey being put on the shelves. Truth be told he was indeed a mite hungry. He dreamed of having Honeyed Gabriel for lunch. Turning back he continued his conversation. I've been rather well, so kind of you to ask a stranger about his wellbeing. What I'm after is news. Has anything interesting at all happened here in the last couple of months or so? One doesn't often come across other ships while sailing, and I'm rather a bit out of touch at the moment.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Her arms crossed in front of her as she listened to him then moved to her hips. My, the antics of this one... she chuckled lightly. She was a fan of his, though he likely didn't realize it. She thought back on his history for a tick... most situations ripe for the picking, nor was he rarely wrong in pointing it out, but that was the Dragon.

She moved forwards, her wry smile unwavering. Oh we have some lovely Blueberry Pies.. she counted on her fingers just how many pies that would be... Thats roughly 15 pies you would need, I'd say.. And I think I only have 10 Blueberry ones right now. I do have some scrumptious Iskir berry pies that are just as tasty. It would give a variety also. She paused for a moment. I tell you what, I would even throw in two more for free. Just in case a man or two wants a second helping. She was feeling quite generous today.

As to information.. Hmm...Town news, not a whole lot other than the usual, which I am sure you can image - always needing more councilors to serve. Tuvoria built a new Galleon which we just returned from sailing about. It was a delightful time.

Her eyes flicked to his with a grin. I can have Gabriel deliver these pies if you promise he will come back safe and sound.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Those pies sound lovely. I'm sure Gabriel would manage to come back safe but as to his soundness I can make no guarantees. Do you have anywhere a bit less conspicuous where we might be able to talk? As I'm sure you know pirates do tend to make enemies out on the high seas. Polly once again squawked, Awk! No Dragons Here! Awk! Yes Polly, thank you. Balerion's stomach rumbled. I may need something to eat now in fact. What would you recommend for nondesserts?

Balerion brought his voice down to a whisper. I heard there was a no good ruffian that was supposed to ask permission from the viceroy or general before coming to this lovely country but when he went to there wasn't a general and the viceroy was dead. What is the world coming to?
Shaker of Castles
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She kinda chuckled about Gabriel, not fully understanding about his sound-ness. She let it slide. Less Conspicuous? She looked around and saw no one, but shrugged. Oh yes, Pirates, I certainly understand. If you'd like to come to the side door, we can chat there if you like? The trees and bushes on that side make the entry way a bit more private..

I do have some Shepard's pies about to come out of the ovens. I bet those would be super tasty non-desert items. She grinned back at the Pirate.

The not-a-dragon then spoke quietly; She listened intently. You know? She threw her hands up, then let them rest back on her hips. Bravia has always been like that, it seems. She let out a sigh. I had a letter to deliver the other day that mistakenly came to my house by mistake.. and I couldn't find anyone awake! Roughly half of this gathering of important people, were asleep. I did just slip it under the door of the Viceroy. I figure that is as secure as things get around here. She shrugged. Perhaps the parrot could write and deliver a letter? She smiled hopefully.

So how about it? A Shepard's Pie or two?
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion shuffled around to the side door. Being that he was bigger than the building it didn't actually hide him but he was thoroughly convinced by Wyllow that no one else could see him there. I would love some Shepard's pies. Four might be enough to start. I have a confession to make... Balerion took off his eyepatch. Look its me! Isn't this disguise absolutely the best?! Awk! No pirates here! Awk!

Balerion glared at Polly. Some help you are you bag of bones. Maybe we should put you in a pie. Or better yet on the Bravian council.
Maybe then something might get accomplished. I won't pretend I was the best Viceroy ever to be elected... or brought into power by force, but I always was able to get something done one way or another. Often times with many people yelling afterwards. And a few times with court cases.
Shaker of Castles
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She moved to pull the Shepherds Pies out of the oven. Well then, you have perfect timing, or maybe a rather perfect sniffer! She said as she set them on the counter to cool. At his revealing, she gave a guffaw type of laugh. Oh Bale. She shook her head. Oh, yes.. I would have never guessed! She grinned, knowing better.

And what are you doing in town? You know someone will see you and people will start running amok! She said, keeping her tone bland, but in an endearing way. She laughed as he talked to the bird. Good idea! Maybe a parrot will keep them awake? She chuckled, then let out a sigh. I wish I knew the answer to keeping things lively here. I think so many have tried, they just get tired sometimes. Then she looked at him with a smile. Then, some beastly thing comes and tells them they need to liven up... only to be screeched at for it.

She gave a slight sympathetic smile towards him, but playful. You know that is how you collect court cases, you silly thing! She wasn't really scolding him. He only did what a dragon would do. You did your best, I know. She agreed with him. Now... about all these pies. I will have Gabriel load them all up. Where is he delivering them? And did you want these hot shepherds pies now or delivered? She grinned again.

She stood back a second. And I will not have my Steward eaten... I need him. She said matter-of-factly.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Would you believe it, I came all this way to see you! No one could possibly tell that it's me in this disguise. Why if they could surely someone would interrupt us... Of course I'll eat the Shepard's pies now, no sense in letting them get cold. Balerion licked one of the pies right up into his mouth and gobbled it up. Balerion rolled his eyes as she said he couldn't eat the steward. I told you he'd be safe. Don't be a diva. I had vaguely thought about moving back this way, but ultimately it probably wouldn't be worth the bother. Before too long I'll likely go back to hibernating. There just isn't enough to keep me amused and I don't exactly desire to waste my time on a council again. Have your little man deliver the pies to my house in Imperius.
Shaker of Castles
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She gasped. You never! She replied to his coming to see just her. She was always glad to see Balerion, even when others might not be so happy to. Well, you did pick a rather perfect disguise, I must admit. She smiled as she gave him the shepherds pies. I do hope they are delicious. Ive been eating quite a bit of them lately, probably too many, but well, need to get myself a little more stealthy and such. Ive heard there are creatures about that might need a beat down. She chuckled. Have to be able to defend our friends and family, right?

She nodded, understanding all too well about his boredom. It was the way with many. Well, you are always welcome here, disguise or not, if you wish to chat or have a pie. I do understand. Its a sleepy little place these days. Is Imperius any better off? She asked curious. She also knew that Bale was married, she often wondered about that also. Perhaps you just need some adventure? she stated, and gave him a wink before turning and taking bread out of another oven.
balerion

Post by balerion »

The whole world is sleepy. Rather a sad state of affairs. Do you have any kind of adventure we could go on together? Dwayberry says if I get banished from both kingdoms I'll have to live in a boat in the middle of the ocean. Balerion wasn't sure what she might be able to think up, but perhaps there might be something. He had all the time in the world on his hands and nothing to spend any of his shiny money on. Awk! No Dragons here! Awk! Ugg... stupid bird. Do you have anything you could be able to feed it? If it's mouth is full maybe it will talk less. On saying such Balerion ate another pie himself.
Shaker of Castles