A new adventure..

Moderator: Community Team

Wyllow

Re: A new adventure..

Post by Wyllow »

She moved with the men to the table. It was a fine location near the fire. As the priestess joined them, she smiled. 'So very nice to meet you as well. Please, call me Wyl, as that is what friends call me.' She said in reply, then sat back in her chair. She glanced to Tuv lovingly, then back at the people before them. 'Oh yes, lets order before we start on other business. I definitely think a large wine or two is in order.' She chuckled lightly.

An Inn waitstaff was quick to notice that the party had taken a table. It impressed her slightly as she wasn't so used to there being someone ready that quickly. It wasn't that her experience was less reserved, just that it was obvious this place was much larger than their home town. Somehow she had always viewed Widu as a small place that sat practically out of the way, even though it was smack-dab in the middle of things.

'What is good to eat here?' She asked anyone that would have an inkling. After the journey they had had, she was quite famished.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"I agree Wyl, a good bottle or two us in order. Gawain do you know if the have a good stew or a shepherds pie? With the cui weather outside that sounds good. Then perhaps we can finish things off with some cobbler and hit tea. Now I know you had mentioned that we need to be baptized. I do hope that it will be in the warmth of the Cathedral, and not the frigid ocean nearby."

Tuvoria gives his cousin a friendly smile as he takes in the feeling of the room.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiled at both Wyllow and Tuvoria.

"Yes, I think a bottle or two of wine shared betwen betwen us would be great. The food is always good here - they have a nice shepherd's pie, a good hearty mutton or beef stew, a soup of the day which changes daily and the catch of tha day which is usually nice as we have a lake and of course the sea nearby so that can vary nicely each day.

I would like to invite you both to come stay with me, as I did with you in Widu. I would like to cook and share many of our family recipes that Mum taught me. My home is outside town amongst some trees and meadows much like in Widu and surrounded by countryside. Katarina chose it because she enjoyed being amongst nature as do I and having the peace and privacy of not being in town which I think will suit you both well as this will be your honeymoon."

He listened as Tuv asked about the baptism and nodded, remembering his own baptism earlier that year.

"As to the baptism, Tuv, it will be in the Cathedral, and it does not involve water or getting wet, it actually involves making a choice between two potions which will be explained during the ceremony and then drinking the one you choose. So when do you want to have the baptisms done?"
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"Thanks Gawain. I would be honored to stay at your place, until the day prior to the wedding. As to the baptism, I would like to get started soon on that aspect. However, I know that you and Willow both may have preexisting duties and commitments with the church. So I will leave it to you. What do you think Wyl my love?"

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She smiled as Tuv talked. 'Oh a cobbler or something sweet does sound terrific!' She said, hope filled her like it would a child's heart. A sweet treat like that nearly made her mouth water. 'Oh! A catch of the day? I think I will probably go with that!' To her something so fresh from the sea or lake sounded absolutely delightful.

When it came down to it, she wasn't sure how a baptism worked, or even what it signified. She hadn't been raised on the churches principals, she did know, however, for the church to recognize their wedding that it was needed. When you are raised by an older sibling, sometimes you aren't introduced to things that a parent would introduce to a child. For the most part, you just hope to survive life at times. So when it came to that topic, she just listened and nodded. It was something she was very much so willing to do to be able to stand proud next to her beloved. Their lives joined together to walk the road of life. She did chime in with a chuckle. 'Oh Tuv, a little dip in the cool water wouldn't harm anyone.' She joked, giving him a wink.

'Thank you for that offer, Gawain. It is much appreciated and I think that sounds perfect.' As Tuv spoke, she agreed with a nod as he stated to do the baptism soon. There was no rush really, other than their want to start their lives together. Her hand found Tuvoria's under the table and she settled hers into his. She was practically reeling with nerves when it came to thinking about their upcoming wedding. She was so very excited and scared all rolled into one. Her love ran deep, so she wasn't scared about that, it was just the fact of becoming his wife. Silly as it may sound, she wanted to become a good wife.

'Yes, I agree with you, love. As soon as we can, lets get ourselves baptized and then the wedding.' She flushed a little. It was hard to hide the excitement in her voice about it. She just knew in her heart that she couldn't imagine her life without him and to be his forever made her beam with pride. 'Yes, exactly. We don't want to interfere with any duties you two have. We aren't expecting a large crowd or anything like that for either wedding or baptism. In fact I don't think many know.' She smiled as she glanced from Gawain then to Willow. It wasn't that there was a secret to the matter, it was just that she hadn't felt that there was anyone that need approval of such a union of them. She loved the thought of simplicity when it came to these kind of things. A small wedding was perfect. She wasn't a fussy woman, so elaborate settings wouldn't be much to her liking.

A man approached then to take their orders.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

As the waiter arrived at the table, Gawain smiled and asked him what the soup of the day was. The man replied that it was a seafood chowder and Gawain placed his order for it and one bottle of each of the house red and white wines.

He waited until after all the orders had been placed and the waiter had walked away towards the kitchens.

"Yes, I can do the baptisms soon - either after we have finished here today or early tomorrow, what do you think?"

He glanced first at Willow for her approval, then at Wyl and Tuv and then continued.

"Tuv & Wyl, you will both be welcome to stay in my home from today if you would like."
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Thanks Gawain, I would be honored to stay at your place for a bit. I am open to baptism today.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Ordering the same as Gawain, she couldn't wait to try the dish. She smiled as the men talked. She too, was glad to hear that they could be baptized today. The wine arrived quickly and was poured. Taking up her glass, she said a small toast. 'To good health, good friend.. and family.. ' She chuckled lightly. ' and safe traveling.' Her smile reached her eyes as she took a sip.

It felt good to relax after their trip and she was glad that she felt quite at home away from home.
Willow

Post by Willow »

"Yes, I can do the baptisms soon - either after we have finished here today or early tomorrow, what do you think?"
Willow glanced through the menu and decided to copy Gawain and Wyl - she placed her order for the seafood chowder also.
She smiled :D at Gawain, "yes a baptism today or tomorrow suits me also".

Willow repeated the toast 'To good health, good friend.. and family.. and safe traveling.' She clinked glasses and then sipped her wine.

Willow said "Wyl, would you like me to decorate the church for your baptism and wedding? Or would you like to decorate it yourself?"
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She felt her face redden. She hadn't even thought about that. It hadn't mattered to her where their marriage took place, their baptism the same.... For that matter she didn't care if the selected place was prettied up or not. It was a special occasion that would never be performed again, so she probably should have thought on that. She felt quite embarrassed actually. She glanced at Tuvoria, then to Willow to answer.

'I had not even thought of decorations.. I don't know where I would even start.' She stammered a bit and probably looked uncomfortable. She hadn't really allowed herself the pretty side of life as with her brother and her it was more of a survivalists life. She still had the gift that Tuv had given her for her hair. She treasured it because it was something that she didn't need, but loved dearly as it was from him. 'I would appreciate it very much if you did that, but you needn't go to any trouble at all for either occasion.' Her gaze went back to Tuv and her face lit in a way that was so light that unless you paid close attention, you might miss that the way she looked upon him could never be duplicated for anyone else in her life.

'Is.. Does our marriage ceremony need to take place indoors? I mean, inside the Cathedral?' She asked then, thought invading her mind and displaying on her face as she looked at the people gathered around the table. 'It is just.. I know that many have them indoors, and your question, Willow, made me think...Is it possible to be married by the water?' She was thinking in a way to make the occasion more meaningful. It was going to be meaningful either way, but.. what if it was something that meant something to both of them.. incorporating the beauty and the surroundings of nature in a means to be their decoration. It was strange how her mind started down certain paths, but it made more sense for their wedding to take place in that kind of setting. Something other than what they had back home. 'The baptism I think would be fine indoors.' She smiled at what had been discussed already on that part.