A new adventure..

Moderator: Community Team

Wyllow

Re: A new adventure..

Post by Wyllow »

With the meal at a close, she was glad for Tuvoria's steady hand. Her knees felt unsteady, but with him there it gave her strength. She was fully ready for all of this, but she couldn't help to be a bit nervous. A glance up at Tuvoria revealed that he too might be feeling the same, and she smiled. He offered her strength when he as well needed it.

She suddenly felt much more relaxed. His nature to the core was what she needed. She understood that now, as that was something she had never thought on. She had always viewed herself as a strong individual, but it seemed that even strong personalities need someone to draw strength from, from time to time. She squeezed his hand lightly and hoped that it reassured him. Their true journey was beginning. And there was no one else she would rather be side by side with.

As they neared the Cathedral, she was amazed at its grand size. Her stomach flipped as they entered. She thought of her brother. It hadn't been a planned thought, rather just one that invaded her mind. She believe that he would have liked Tuv. She kept a smile upon her face.

She was ready.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Having arrived at the Cathedral, Gawain looked at Tuvoria and Wyllow and smiled.

"Well, here we are. Things just need to be prepared. Willow, can you help get things for the ceremony ready whilst I go and get ready."

That said, Gawain disappeared into the room next to the altar and put on a ceremonial robe, leaving Willow to get things prepared for the ceremony. He then reappeared and rejoined the others. He looked at Tuvoria and Wyllow.

"Well, let me know when you are ready to begin things and who wants to go first?"
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

I am ready, Gawain. However I will give Wyllow the option as that is the chilvarous thing to do.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She watched as they prepared things, then gave a chuckle to what Tuvoria said. 'I am ready.' She smiled. 'Lets begin, I guess.' She looked to Gawain and Willow to lead her in what was needed to be done. With a last glance to her beloved, she moved with the pair to begin, a little nervously, but absolutely and completely willing.
Willow

Post by Willow »

"Well, here we are. Things just need to be prepared. Willow, can you help get things for the ceremony ready whilst I go and get ready."
Willow smiled :D and said "yes I will".

Willow went into the office and collected all the things she knew Gawain would need for the ceremony including the two potions. Placing them on a tray, she carefully carried them back to the altar (where she set them down; ready for use by him). Then she lite some candles. Double checking she had everything first, she then popped back to her office to get dressed in her robes and returned and took her place beside the altar to wait for Gawain to start the ceremony.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiled at Wyllow.

"Please step forward before the altar." He said softly.

"In our lives, we make choices and choose a path. Today is but one choice which you will take. The path you are taking today is an important journey, for it shows your dedication to the Faith and its ways. Do not enter lightly as you will be a role model to those whom look up to you, friends, family and followers of the faith alike."

Gawain turns and picks up two potion bottles. He held them both up, one in each hand - one potion was clear and almost resembled water to the untrained eye. The other was a green bubbling liquid.

"Do you understand the commitment that you are about to start?"
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She stepped slowly forward to where Gawain instructed her. She glanced around then as he began to speak. His words tripped and stumbled in her mind. About Faith and the ways of faith and how it shouldn't be taken lightly, being a role model.. She nearly choked on that bit. If only people knew.. How could I ever be a role model? She knew that Gawain knew about her. Her faith she would place in him that he knew what was best. She just hoped that her indecisiveness didn't show in her face.

She watched him take up two small bottles and she swallowed hard. She was certainly out of her comfort zone. It was hard to understand what was really being meant. And then he asked the very question that was foremost in her mind. She glanced at Gawain and a seriousness replaced her questions. Answer him. A voice beckoned to her from the back of her mind, kick-starting her lips to move.

'I believe I do.' Was all that she could come up with instantly, then quickly added 'Yes, I mean.' with a slight stammer, before he could doubt her answer. In a strange way she felt like a lamb before the slaughter. What was wrong with her? Shouldn't this be an easy thing to do? Mentally she shook her head to clear her thoughts and took a cleansing breath. Get a grip, she scolded herself and placed a genuine smile upon her lips. Today began the true journey of their life together.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiles at Wyllow and nods in acknowledgement.

"In my hands, I have two potions.

The clear potion represents the appearance of many to be clear without any blemishes, but lacking any zeal, energy, or desire to improve.

The green potion represents your life in the future if you embrace the path of the Faith. You will always strive to improve, full of energy to try to do whatever is right in your life.

These potions should not be drank lightly. For once you have chosen the path, you have admitted your wholehearted decision to accept the Faith. Walking away from what you know to be right is the path to inner destruction.

I give you your choice. Pick your potion and drink."

As he awaited her decision, Gawain remembered his own baptism and he had heard from others before he made his choice that the clear one was apparently sweet tasting and the green was bitter, he had chosen green. He wondered which one Wyllow would choose.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She watched Gawain intently, and played the words over and over in her head. The answer should be clear right? she said to herself, but didn't make a move, remaining silent before him.

Was there a right choice? Was there a wrong choice. The green liquid beckoned to her, but the attachment of meaning .. she thought quietly for a moment or two. She had hard time understanding what was meant by a faiths path. Once upon a time she could believe that she was meant for the light and blessed path, but a darkness stirred within. A darkness that would always be there. Couldn't she choose a little of both? Would that be wrong.. to go with the green and have an additional splash of truth and clarity? Or was that not what was being meant..? Her brow furrowed as she looked from the bottles and up at Gawain, then back again. Her faith had been her own for some time now, as her nature was for the greater good, but not at the cost of good nature.

Then, reaching forth, she made her decision, and selected the green one. Taking hold of it, she said a silent prayer that she wasn't making a mistake and tossed it back. It was done in a swifter fashion that she would have liked, and not all that lady-like at all. Her face scrunched up as the taste hit her. Her eyes squeezed shut and she shook her head with a slight shudder. It wasn't exactly what she was expecting. And she wondered if the taste was symbolic of something greater as her heart was set to a path that no specific faith or religion could persuade her from.

Opening her eyes slowly she nearly expected to be transformed or have had some change take place. She breathed a sigh of relief that in fact she was still her and that her true self was not exposed.

She looked to Gawain now in a way that stated she was ready for whatever else she must face.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain watches Wyllow take the green potion and quickly takes hold of his quarterstaff knowing the magic would start coursing her veins as he holds it. He smiles watching her drink the potion and the staff begins to glow a bright iridescent green and he holds it tightly as the magic fills her body. He takes the bottle from Wyllow and sets it down on the altar.

Looking at her, he lifts the staff and taps each side of her shoulders saying,
"I now baptize you by the power of the Mages." He bows his head making a circular motion with his staff in the air. A red fire emerged and slowly disappeared. He then set his staff leaning against the altar and gave Wyllow a hug, "Welcome to the Faith. You have taken your first step on a journey that will last the rest of your life." The baptism was now complete, now the journey was up to Wyllow.

He then looks at his cousin and smiles and then calls him to step forward,
"Tuvoria, please step forward in front of me."