The Arrival of Duncan Macloed

Moderator: Community Team

starlite271043

Re: The Arrival of Duncan Macloed

Post by starlite271043 »

Starlite sat watching Duncan bump into the door and blush. He seemed unable to take his eyes off her and she felt herself going red. What was wrong? She knew he liked her but was uncertain why he was acting strangely towards her.
She ate her breakfast and then had a wash and dresssed. Picking up the tray she took it downstairs to the kitchen.

She wandered towards the large room they had been in last night and thought about the book they had found. She knew it was going to help them to progress in their studies.Soon they were going to have to go into the forest to meet the stranger who was going to train them both. But in the meantime they could study these books.

She wanted to go to her glade but they were too far away. She would ask Duncan if there was a glade on the estate.
Maybe she could ask the Lady if she could tell her about this strangeness with Duncan.
Duncan_Macloed

Post by Duncan_Macloed »

He was working in the large room trying to organize the room. He had a hard time concentrating because the woman was on his mind. He did really like her but more than just liking her. He was trying to figure out how to make his move on her but he lacked the experience since he never had a woman in his life that he could love. He saw her come in the study and smiles brightly. She was a beautiful young woman. She asked him if there was a glade on the estate. He nodded and took her hand then went to the Kitchen back door and pointed to the direction of the Glade.

It is over there..you can see it from here. We have used it many times for meditation or when we seek answers. Umm....well shall we study or do you need to go to the Glade?

He noticed some dishes were left from Star and smiles. He went to clean the dishes and put them away.

Well I do not have a staff yet but hope to have some soon.
starlite271043

Post by starlite271043 »

Starlite walked downstairs and went into the study. Duncan was there and he smiled at her. She smiled back and bid him good morning and asked him if there were a glade she could go to. She explained that she needed a glade if possible to connect to her Lady. He took her hand and walked her to the kitchen door and pointed out towards a a glade not far away. She turned to him with a smile. "thank you" she said.

He told her the family usually used it in the past for meditation, etc. She was happy just to have a place to talk to her Lady.
She thought about the books they were going to read and asked him if they could have a look at them.
They went back to the study and took down the books. She was browsing thro' the book of magic when he uttered a whoop and cried out, "Look at this!"

She went over to seee what he was looking at. It was a collection of several papers and appeared to be a very long letter. He handed it to her and told her to read it. She looked at him but did as he bid her. She found the need to sit. This letter was from a friend of his father, detailing his marriage to a lady who had once been the king's paramour and that they now had a baby girl. He tells the name of the child, herself.

She found it hard to believe what she was reading, but the papers were old and obviously true. What was she to do now?
She would have to examine this better and think about what this would mean to her. She looked at Duncan and asked if he had read it. "Well, I only quickly read thro' it but we need to read it fully, I think." he replied. "This is going to create a bit of an upset, I think." What an understatement, she thought. It will do more that!
Duncan_Macloed

Post by Duncan_Macloed »

As they both read the letter actually scanned it and found that her name was in the letter. He was surprised it was her that is mentioned in the letter.

Ross Macloed...who is the receiver of the letter is my father this man that sent it is his long time friend. Oh while I was straightening up this room I found something. Let me get it.

He walks behind the door on the table is a rolled up canvas. He picks it up then walks back to Star and unrolls the canvas carefully to show her what it is. It was a painting of a young boy and a young girl.

This young boy is me...I suspect this young girl is you? Am I correct? I remember this young girl...we had loved each other a long time ago. She moved away..I do not remember why she had to move away.

He gave her a hopeful look hoping she would say yes it was her.
starlite271043

Post by starlite271043 »

Ross Macleod was Duncan's father and the man who had written to him was called Mark de Lacy. He came from a very old family. Apparently he came from another country very far away. She was Starlite de Lacy ,not de la Croix. She realised this information may upset the members of that family, but she could not deny her real father.

Duncan then went and got a rolled up canvas and showed it to her. It showed two children, one a boy and the other a girl. She recognised the dress but not herself. Well, the children were very young. Duncan told her they loved each other, but she truly couldn't remember. Too many things had happened in her life since then.

Duncan looked hopefully at her and she had to tell him she really didn't remember. He looked very disappointed. it was something she couldn't change.
Duncan_Macloed

Post by Duncan_Macloed »

He noticed something in the painting and something that Star was wearing. He had to look carefully and he realizes that it is her. The necklace that she was wearing....there is a distinct mark on the second necklace in the painting and the same with her necklace that she was wearing. He points to the necklace on the painting and to the second necklace that she was wearing.

Look at this necklace in the painting see the mark on the necklace and the necklace you are wearing?

He could not help looking at her and smiling knowing that is her. He hugged her warmly like he had done to her a long time ago and the feeling inside him was stronger than it was before. I could not figure out why....what was it that he was feeling.

The feeling....I have inside of me.....is strong....I do not know what......it is....strange.......I felt this a long time ago......what is that feeling?

He started to think how can he find out....OH he thought yeah he should go to the glade and meditate and see if he could get information but for now he will wait until she is finished with her meditation.

Well..why don't you go to the glade and do what you need to do. Umm...I need to do that as well after you are finished. Unless it is ok with you if I went too.