Fenia City Cathedral

Moderator: Community Team

Sendile

Re: Fenia City Cathedral

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Faith,

Today I would like to speak about false accusations and wrong comments. We all know that these types of judgement can do much harm. But how and why? That's what the following story is about.

An old man spread rumors that his neighbor was a thief. As a result, the young man was arrested. Days later the young man was proven innocent. After being released, the young man felt humiliated as he walked home. Soon he sued the old man for wrongly Accusing him of thievery because the townsmen no longer trusted him.

During cross examination in court, the old man told the Judge, “They were just comments that didn’t mean any harm to anyone..” The judge, before passing sentence on the case, told the old man, “Write ALL the things you said about him on a piece of paper. Cut the paper up and on your way home, throw the pieces of paper away, one piece by one piece. Tomorrow, come back to hear the sentence.”

The next day, the judge asked the elderly man if he had thrown away the pieces of paper to which the elederly man told the judge he had done the task. The judge then told the old man, “Before receiving the sentence, you will have to go out and gather all the pieces of paper that you threw out yesterday”. Stunned, the old man cried, “I can’t do that!! The wind must have blown and spread the little pieces of paper everywhere and I won’t know where to find all of them. That is an impossible task!"

The judge then replied, “Yes, indeed because that is the same way simple yet negatively charged comments can and may destroy the honor of a man to such an extent that one is not able to repair one's reputation!"

The old man realized the error of his ways and so he asked the young man and the judge for forgiveness”.

Dear Brothers and Sisters, it's always very dangerous to judge someone without the required amount of true and deep knowledge. Do not malign or blame anyone without knowing the facts or the truth. Your words may ruin someone’s reputation without any fault of theirs.

Blessings to you all.
Priestess * Lady of Nettlebane Tower * Baroness of Linbridge
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to speak about "impossible things". There are many situations in life, when a lot of creatures tell us, that a certain deed is impossible to do. Some say it, because they failed to solve the given problem once in the past, other might tell it, because they have no confidence in the solution. Yet, with the required amount of courage and willingness to act we can achieve much.

Please allow me to offer you a short poem about this topic. Here it is.

Somebody said that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn't," but he would be one
Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!

Somebody scoffed: "Oh, you’ll never do that;
At least no one ever has done it;"
But he took off his coat and he took off his hat
And the first thing we knew he'd begun it.
With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,
Without any doubting or quiddit,
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and he did it.

There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
There are thousands to prophesy failure,
There are thousands to point out to you one by one,
The dangers that wait to assail you.
But just buckle in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start in to sing as you tackle the thing
That "cannot be done," and you'll do it.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

For today I have chosen a topic that might seem a bit hard at some points: accepting fate and the Divine Will. I think, we all know the feeling of anger and inablity. We all have had experiences, when we wanted to change some things, for example the behaviour of another person or the outcome of an event - but we couldn't. In such cases we might be prone to fall in disappointment, giving ourselves to negativity.

Well, let me share an inspirational poem with you for such cases.

Don't look for the flaws as you go through life;
And even when you find them,
It is wise and kind to be somewhat blind
And look for the virtue behind them.
For the cloudiest night has a hint of light
Somewhere in its shadows hiding;
It is better by far to hunt for a star,
Than the spots on the sun abiding.

The current of life runs ever away
To the bosom of God's great ocean.
Don't set your force 'gainst the river's course
And think to alter its motion.
Don't waste a curse on the universe--
Remember it lived before you.
Don't butt at the storm with your puny form,
But bend and let it go o'er you.

The world will never adjust itself
To suit your whims to the letter.
Some things must go wrong your whole life long,
And the sooner you know it the better.
It is folly to fight with the Infinite,
And go under at last in the wrestle;
The wiser man shapes into God's plan
As water shapes into a vessel.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to speak about an interesting topic: seeking the future. I think, most of us is striving for a better future and we would often like to know if our endevours conclude in success. However, losing sight of our present does have its dangers...

A man who lived a long time ago believed that he could read the future in the stars. He called himself an Astrologer and spent his time at night gazing at the sky. He was always busy worrying about the future, and villagers often came to him, hoping to know their future holds.

One evening he was walking along the open road outside the village. His eyes were fixed on the stars. He thought he saw there that the end of the world was near. He lost in his thoughts about the future. As he was looking at the stars, he kept walking without looking down. Suddenly, he fell into a ditch full of mud and water.

He was sinking in the muddy water and madly trying to claw at the slippery sides of the hole in his effort to climb out. He was unable to crawl out, and fearing for his life, he started screaming for help. His cries for help soon brought the villagers running.

As they pulled him out of the mud, one of them said, “You pretend to read the future in the stars, and yet you fail to see what is at your feet! This may teach you to pay more attention to what is right in front of you and let the future take care of itself.”

“What use is it,” said another, “to read the stars when you can’t see what’s right here on the earth?”

Dear Sister and Brothers, we all want our future to be bright and happy, but time doesn’t stop for anyone. Each tomorrow turns into today; your present is also a part of your future. There is always a tomorrow to look forward to and improve, but you can’t go back to yesterday. So, maintain the balance of your present life while you work for a better tomorrow.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to speak about the Will to Win. We all know, how important willpower is, how much persistence is needed sometimes to achieve a certain goal. Still, to remind you of this very important attribute, please allow me to share with you an inspirational poem.

If you want a thing bad enough
To go out and fight for it,
Work day and night for it,
Give up your time and your peace and
your sleep for it

If only desire of it
Makes you quite mad enough
Never to tire of it,
Makes you hold all other things tawdry
and cheap for it

If life seems all empty and useless without it
And all that you scheme and you dream is about it,

If gladly you'll sweat for it,
Fret for it, Plan for it,
Lose all your terror of God or man for it,

If you'll simply go after that thing that you want.
With all your capacity,
Strength and sagacity,
Faith, hope and confidence, stern pertinacity,

If neither cold poverty, famished and gaunt,
Nor sickness nor pain
Of body or brain
Can turn you away from the thing that you want,

If dogged and grim you besiege and beset it,
You'll get it!

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

For today I've chosen an actual topic: facing hard times. I am sure all of us have had longer or shorter periods in life, when we had to face some kind of difficulty. But what's the right attitude in such a situation? This is what the following short poem is about.

When you’re up against a trouble,
Meet it squarely, face to face;
Lift your chin and set your shoulders,
Plant your feet and take a brace.
When it’s vain to try to dodge it,
Do the best that you can do;
You may fail, but you may conquer,
See it through!

Black may be the clouds about you
And your future may seem grim,
But don’t let your nerve desert you;
Keep yourself in fighting trim.
If the worst is bound to happen,
Spite of all that you can do,
Running from it will not save you,
See it through!

Even hope may seem but futile,
When with troubles you’re beset,
But remember you are facing
Just what other men have met.
You may fail, but fall still fighting;
Don’t give up, whate’er you do;
Eyes front, head high to the finish.
See it through!

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to speak about difficulties. Why do we feel sometimes, that our life is so very difficult? What can these hardships teach to us? Well, that's what the following short story tells about.

Once upon a time a daughter complained to her father that her life was miserable and that she didn’t know how she was going to make it. She was tired of fighting and struggling all the time. It seemed just as one problem was solved, another one soon followed.

Her father, a chef, took her to the kitchen. He filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Once the three pots began to boil, he placed potatoes in one pot, eggs in the second pot and ground coffee beans in the third pot. He then let them sit and boil, without saying a word to his daughter.

The daughter, moaned and impatiently waited, wondering what he was doing. After twenty minutes the chef turned off the burners. He took the potatoes out of the pot and placed them in a bowl. He pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. He then ladled the coffee out and placed it in a cup.

Turning to his daughter, he asked. “Daughter, what do you see?”

“Potatoes, eggs and coffee,” she replied hastily.

“Look closer” the chef said, “and touch the potatoes.” She did and noted that they were soft. He then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee. Its rich aroma brought a smile to her face.

“Father, what does this mean?” she asked finally.

He then explained that the potatoes, the eggs and coffee beans had each faced the same adversity - the boiling water. However, each one reacted differently. The potato went in strong, hard and unrelenting, but in boiling water, it became soft and weak.

The egg was fragile, with the thin outer shell protecting its liquid interior until it was put in the boiling water. Then the inside of the egg became hard.

However, the ground coffee beans were unique. After they were exposed to the boiling water, they changed the water and created something new.

“Which one are you?” he asked his daughter. “When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a potato, an egg, or a coffee bean?”

Dear Brothers and Sisters, in life things happen around us, things happen to us, but the only thing that truly matters is how we choose to react to it and what we make out of it. Don't forget: life is all about leaning, adopting and converting all the struggles that we experience into something positive.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today I would like to preach about friends. We all know it clearly, how important role friends are playing in our life. But to underline their importance, please let me share with you a short poem about friends.

A person who will listen and not condemn

Someone on whom you can depend

They will not flee when bad times are here

Instead, they will be there to lend an ear

They will think of ways to make you smile

So you can be happy for a while

When times are good and happy thereafter

They will be there to share the laughter

Do not forget your friends at all

For they pick you up when you fall

Do not expect to just take and hold

Give friendship back, it is pure gold.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to speak about bonds. Bonds, which we feel like cutting sometimes, thinking they only hold us back from freedom. Let me share with you a story about this topic.

Once a father and son went to the kite flying festival. The young son became very happy seeing the sky filled with colorful kites. He too asked his father to get him a kite and a thread with a roller so he can fly a kite too. So, the father went to the shop at the park where the festival was being held. He purchased kites and a roll of thread for his son.

His son started to fly a kite. Soon, his kite reached high up in the sky. After a while, the son said, “Father, It seems that the thread is holding up a kite from flying higher, If we break it, It will be free and will go flying even higher. Can we break it?” So, the father cut the thread from a roller. The kite started to go a little higher. That made a son very happy.

But then, slowly, the kite started to come down. And, soon it fell down on the terrace of the unknown building. The young son was surprised to see this. He had cut the kite loose of its thread so it can fly higher, but instead, it fell down. He asked his father, “Father, I thought that after cutting off the thread, the kite can freely fly higher. But why did it fall down?”

The Father explained, “Son, At the height of life that we live in, we often think that some things we are tied with and they are preventing us from going further higher. The thread was not holding the kite from going higher, but it was helping it stay higher when the wind slowed down and when the wind picked up, you helped the kite go up higher in a proper direction through the thread. And when we cut the thread, it fell down without the support you were providing to the kite through the thread”.

The son realized his mistake.

Dear Sisters and Brothers, sometimes we feel that we can progress quickly and reach to the newer heights in our life if we were not tied up with our family, our home. But, we fail to realize that our family, our loved ones help us survive the tough time in our lives with their support and encourage us to reach higher heights in our life. They are not holding us, but are supporting us. Never let go of them.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to share with you a poem about diversity. We can see it day by day, how colourful our nice realm is. But to never forget to appreciate our differences, please listen to the following poem.

I note the obvious differences
in the creatures' family.
Some of us are serious,
some thrive on comedy.

Some declare their lives are lived
as true profundity,
and others claim they really live
the real reality.

The variety of our skin tones
can confuse, bemuse, delight,
brown and pink and beige and purple,
tan and blue and white.