Fenia City Cathedral

Moderator: Community Team

Sendile

Re: Fenia City Cathedral

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sister in Faith,

Today I would like to present a nice poem about the beauties of autumn. Enjoy the pleasantness of this nice season and keep smiling.

What a difference a day makes,
twenty-four little hours.

Cool chill in the air,
slight frost on the flowers.

Through tattered fields of corn,
crows caw in the early morn.

Songs of crickets linger on
well into the tired dawn.

Sleepy sun wakes later each day,
sure sign Autumn's on his way.

Summer's gone; she couldn't stay.
Autumn has arrived today.

What a difference a day makes,
twenty-four little hours.

Radiant sun rising high,
scorching tree tops in the sky.

Replacing sweetness of Summer flowers,
turning trees into colorful towers.

Autumn's beauty is surely nigh,
beneath this warm September sky.

Nearing are crisp Autumn eves,
with harvest moons and chilly breeze.

Tomorrow what beauty might we see,
as gold and crimson leaves blow free,

Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring,
savor every beautiful thing.
What a difference twenty-four hours may bring!

Blessings to you all.
Priestess * Lady of Nettlebane Tower * Baroness of Linbridge
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Faith,

Today I would like to speak about slyness. Some of us might have met creatures who try to make use of others in a cunning way, or hurdle them in their advancement. Well, let me tell you a short story about this topic.

One day, a farmer was looking for a water source for his farm when he bought a well from his neighbor. The neighbor, however, was cunning. The next day, as the farmer came to draw water from his well, the neighbor refused to let him take any water.

When the farmer asked why, the neighbor replied, “I sold you the well, not the water,” and walked away. Distraught, the farmer went to the emperor to ask for justice. He explained what had happened.

The emperor called on Birbal, one of his nine and wisest courtiers. Birbal proceeded to question the neighbor, “Why don’t you let the farmer take water from the well? You did sell the well to the farmer?”

The neighbor replied, “Birbal, I did sell the well to the farmer but not the water within it. He has no right to draw water from the well.”

Birbal said, “Look since you sold the well, you have no right to keep the water in the farmer’s well. Either you pay rent to the farmer or take it out immediately.” Realizing that his scheme had failed, the neighbor apologized and went home.

Dear Sisters and Brothers, hurdling others cunningly, or trying to make use of them never works on a long term. Be good and helpful to your fellow creatures to earn the blessings of the Mages every day of your life.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to preach about rushing. We all have many tasks and duties, for which we are responsible. It's good and proper, of course. The problem starts, when we forget to take time and appreciate the good things around us. Here is a short poem about this topic.

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare

No time to stand beneath the boughs,
And stare as long as sheep and cows

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began

A poor life this is, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare

Dear Sisters and Brothers, never forget to find time for admiration. Never forget to notice and appreciate the beauty in nature and in your fellow creatures. Only this beauty can make your life complete.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to share with you a poem about the ordeals of life and the right attitude to face them. Sometimes it seems hard to follow the wise words. Yet, they might give you some inspiration in the hours of difficulty.

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today I would like to speak about expenditures. Of course we have to spend money on all our needs every day. But what about our investments? How can we choose in what to invest in the wisest possible way?

Here is a short story about it.

The wisdom of Birbal was unparalleled during the reign of Emperor Akbar. But Akbar’s brother in law was extremely jealous of him. He asked the Emperor to dispense with Birbal’s services and appoint him in his place. He gave ample assurance that he would prove to be more efficient and capable than Birbal. Before Akbar could take a decision on this matter, this news reached Birbal.

Birbal resigned and left. Akbar’s brother in law was made the minister in place of Birbal. Akbar decided to test the new minister. He gave three hundred gold coins to him and said, “Spend these gold coins such that, I get a hundred gold coins here in this life; a hundred gold coins in the other world and another hundred gold coins neither here nor there.”

The minister found the entire situation to be a maze of confusion and hopelessness. He spent sleepless nights worrying how he would get himself out of this mess. Thinking in circles was making him go crazy. Eventually, on the advice of his wife, he sought Birbals help. Birbal said, “Just give me the gold coins. I shall handle the rest.”

Birbal walked the streets of the city holding the bag of gold coins in his hand. He noticed a rich merchant celebrating his son’s wedding. Birbal gave a hundred gold coins to him and bowed courteously saying, “Emperor Akbar sends you his good wishes and blessings for the wedding of your son. Please accept the gift he has sent.” The merchant felt honored that the king had sent a special messenger with such a precious gift. He honored Birbal and gave him a large number of expensive gifts and a bag of gold coins as a return gift for the king.

Next, Birbal went to the area of the city where the poor people lived. There he bought food and clothing in exchange for a hundred gold coins and distributed them in the name of the Emperor.

When he came back to town he organized a concert of music and dance. He spent a hundred gold coins on it.

The next day Birbal entered Akbar’s darbar and announced that he had done all that the king had asked his brother-in-law to do. The Emperor wanted to know how he had done it. Birbal repeated the sequences of all the events and then said, “The money I gave to the merchant for the wedding of his son – you have got back while on this earth. The money I spent on buying food and clothing for the poor – you will get it in the other world. The money I spent on the musical concert – you will get neither here nor there.” Akbar’s brother in law understood his mistake and resigned. Birbal got his place back.

Dear Sisters and Brothers, the money you spend on friends is returned or reciprocated in some form or the other. The money spent on charity gets converted into blessings from the Mages which will be your eternal property. The money spent on pleasures is just frittered away. So when you spend your money, think a little, if not a lot.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to preach about the beauty of nature. October is here and this month has its own beauty, too. Don't forget to admire it every day.

Looking out my window
In October's golden light,
I see a beauty unsurpassed,
A truly lovely sight.

Leaves are saying soft good-byes
As they come floating down
To make a nature's carpet
Of yellow, red, and brown.

Mountain tops, now turned to white,
Forewarn of winter chills,
While trees, like golden rivers,
Wind their way up through the hills.

Throughout our world's creation
You will ever find it thus,
Kaleidoscopes of color,
In God's hand, the artist's brush.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to speak about good deeds. Good deeds, which are always rewarded, one way or another.

Please listen to the following short story.

There once was a poor boy who spent his days going door-to-door selling newspapers to pay for school. One day, as he was walking his route, he started feeling low and weak. The poor boy was starving, so he decided to ask for food when he came to the next door.

The poor boy asked for food but was denied every time until he reached a girl's door. He asked for a glass of water, but seeing his poor state, the girl came back with a glass of milk. The boy asked how much he owed her for the milk, but she refused payment.

Years later, the girl, who was now a grown woman, fell sick. She went from doctor to doctor, but no one was able to cure her. Finally, she went to the best doctor in town.

The doctor spent months treating her until she was finally cured. Despite her happiness, she was afraid she couldn’t afford to pay the bill. But, when the hospital handed her the bill, it read, "Paid in full, with a glass of milk."

Dear Sisters and Brothers, don't forget that everything you do to others can have an effect back on you, too, sooner or later. So don't stop being good and help your fellow creatures in every possible way you can.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today I would like to speak about tellin the truth - from another perspective. We all know how important it is to be honest. But it's also important to present the truth in a respectful way.

Jupiter, the chief of gods, was getting married. He decided to celebrate the event by hosting a reception. He invited all the animals living on land and in water to attend the banquet.

All the animals came to attend the feast, but the tortoise didn't come. Jupiter was surprised at his absence.

After few days, Jupiter came across the tortoise and asked him, "Why didn't you attend the banquet held in honor of my marriage? Were you all right?"

The tortoise retorted, "I am a stay-at-home type of an animal and never care to attend petty affairs. Why should I trouble myself when there is no place like home?"

Though the tortoise said something very true, the way he said it was very hurting. Jupiter felt pinched and cursed the tortoise, "Now, you will always carry your home on your back and never be able to unload it."

Till today, every tortoise carries his home with him.

Dear Sisters and Brothers, don't forget to be respectful, whatever you have to say. Tell the truth, but don't hurt the feelings of others.

Blessings to you all.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Are you toubled by life? Does it seem that everything seems to be going wrong for you? Do you feel like the world is out to get you? Are you feeling angry or depressed about your situation?

Find something to be thankful for.

That may seem trite, but if you can find something to be truly greatful for, your spirits will lift just that little bit and that just might be enough to get you through the rest of the day.

Life is never like it is portrayed in books or or mediums. Life is what is real, and you only get one chance to live it as you are today, so live it wisely. Always look for something that you can be thankful for, no matter how small it might be. You might be surprised at how much better you feel.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to talk about true friendship. You may ask, what the characteristics of true friendship are. How can we recognize it? Well, here is a short tale to answer this question.

One day, two friends were walking through the forest. They knew the forest was a dangerous place and that anything could happen. So, they promised to remain close to each other in case of any danger.

All of a sudden, a big bear was approaching them. One of the friends quickly climbed a nearby tree, leaving the other friend behind.

The other friend did not know how to climb and instead followed common sense. He laid down on the ground and remained there, breathless, pretending to be dead.

The bear approached the friend lying on the ground. The animal started to smell his ear before slowly wandering off again because bears never touch those who are dead.

Soon, the friend who hid in the tree came down. He asked his friend, “My dear friend, what secret did the bear whisper to you?” The friend replied, “The bear simply advised me never to believe a false friend.”

Dear Sisters and Brothers, a true friend will always support and stand by you in any situation. True is the saying: "A friend in need is a friend indeed". Be proud of your true friends and never let them down, so you can feel their support in every day of your life.

Blessings to you all.