[RP] Wildflower (Bridget's Cottage in the Woods)

Moderator: Community Team

Royce

Re: [RP] Wildflower (Bridget's Cottage in the Woods)

Post by Royce »

Royce's trip to Imperius had gotten exceptionally smooth and quick. He found himself gracing the gates of Widu once more with a cart laden down with all of his personal effects. Who knew that he would be returning to live in the town that he once called home...always called home no matter where he laid his head. He got affairs in order in town and was slowly becoming tired of living out of his cart and staying at the local inn. One morning he set off to a cottage in the woods that he had only visited one other time before and hoped to find it occupied.

It wasn't long before the small cottage with amazing garden round back came into view. Royce breathed a sigh of relief as he remembered the way to Bridget's quaint little hovel. He took the pathway up to the door and tapped on it lightly hoping for two things. He hoped that she was home and that he wasn't bothering her at this time of day as he knew she had a very busy life unraveling before her.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget was just finishing her breakfast when she heard the light tapping upon her door. She stood, dabbed the corner of her mouth with her napkin and went to see who would be calling so early. She was most surprised to find Royce on the other side once again. She felt her face burn a little as she looked into his eyes and she unconsciously reached up and ran her fingers through her hair. “Royce! What a nice surprise. You’re an early riser, I see. I assume you’re here to discuss properties for your home?” She hesitated for a moment before continuing, “I’m just finishing breakfast, why don’t you come in for a few minutes and we can talk before we head out.”

Bridget quickly surveyed her home, ensuring that all was in place. Her cottage was small, but cozy. Bundles of herbs were drying by the kitchen window and the faint smell of oranges and mint and thyme lingered in the air. She had many books laid out across the table in front of the fire from her late nights spent studying. She smiled warmly at Royce as she stepped back from the door, making space for him to enter. “Would you like some tea or perhaps you’re hungry?”
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

Royce stood outside the door as he heard approaching footsteps. He nervously danced from one foot to the other until he actually noticed and stopped himself. He heard the door begin to creak open and he drew a breath and seemingly held it in. Bridget, for it being so early in the morning looked as though she was ready to tackle anything. She looked as perfect as ever. Her fiery red hair framed her face nicely and her sapphire blue eyes were the kind you could just get lost in and not ever have worries at all. "Yes," he said finally, "I am here to see about a property for my home and to tell you that I have decided on a name as well."

Royce stepped in across the threshold at Bridget's urging and surveyed the interior of her home. The layout was what he'd expect for a small cottage. A fire place near the table upon which were several books. Royce breathed in deeply and his senses were overloaded by a multitude of smells. he glanced around briefly looking for the source. He saw oranges, and several bundles of herbs, but the one smell he had trouble placing led him directly to Bridget. She had scent about her that he couldn't shake. It was amazing, hoping she didn't notice he drew another deep breath while in close proximity to her and closed his eyes as her scent filled his lungs. Royce snapped out of his Bridget induced trance and spoke again. "Yes, tea would be fine," he told her, "I ate already at the inn this day." Although he was not told to, Royce took a chair at the table and sat down.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget happily poured a cup of tea for Royce and placed it on the table in front of him. She smiled to herself while noting how he quickly made himself at home in her cottage. Deep inside she hoped that she’d be seeing a lot more of him in her home in the future. She noticed him close his eyes and breathe in deeply as she leaned across him to place the sugar and milk on the table. She lingered for a moment and slid her hand across his shoulder and down his arm before she sat down at the table across from him, “Please excuse me. I find I sometimes don’t have time to eat again until dark so I always make sure I find the time for a good breakfast.”

Bridget ate as quickly as she could, although she felt less hungry than usual with all the butterflies that seemed to occupy her stomach when in Royce’s presence. “So… I have a couple ideas for you. One plot of land is very close by and we can walk to it right now if you wish. It will all depend, of course, on what you wish to do with your land.” She smiled brightly at him. She wasn’t accustomed to acting as a real estate agent, but she maybe had ulterior motives when it came to where Royce would ultimately settle.

She stood and brought her dishes to the sink and then turned to Royce. “Shall we head out? It’s not a far walk. We can have you back in town before lunch if you like. I do hope you’ll like it.”
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

Royce sipped at the tea that Bridget placed in front of him. He felt an odd sense of peace whenever he was around her. A peace that told him that no harm would come to him while in her presence. She ran her hand across his should and down the length of his arm and it gave him goosebumps.

Royce liked the idea of living close to Bridget and to be but a short walk away from her. He enjoyed spending time with Bridget and hoped she enjoyed his company too. Royce watched as Bridget cleared away the dishes. He stood and offered his arm to her. "Yes, let's go." he said to her.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget took Royce’s arm and walked with him outside and through the gates of her home. They made their way to the main path and turned toward town. Bridget felt exceptionally good this morning. Being close to Royce, their arms linked, brought her an incredible sense of security. They walked for several minutes before Bridget stopped abruptly and pointed him toward a sparsely wooded area. There was a small path through the trees, one that most people likely wouldn't notice at first glance. She let go of his arm and made her way through the trees, “Come. Trust me. I think you’re going to like this.”

Just beyond the copse of trees was a small meadow, surrounded on three sides by more densely populated woods. She turned and smiled at Royce, “What do you think? I don’t know what you envision for your home… how big you wish it to be. But this land will support a fair size home. Perhaps a nice garden over there...” She pointed off to the right of the meadow. "And even some room for a couple sheep or chickens, if you'd like them." She paused and grinned before continuing, “But I haven’t shown you the best part yet. Follow me.”

She dashed off through the trees at the far end of the property. Ducking under branches and clambering over rocks, Bridget stopped at the edge of a fast moving stream. Somewhat out of breath, she turned to see if Royce had kept up.
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

The morning sun worked its way across the sky. Together they walked arm in arm. It felt so natural walking with Bridget. The day was so nice and bright and being with Bridget just made the day the best ever.

After a few minutes of walking Bridget stopped abruptly and began walking through some trees. Royce followed along behind her making note that her dress looked exceptionally nice this day and wondered if Bridget knew he would come to call on her.

Royce surveyed the small meadow surrounded by trees and suddenly the vision of a home came into view, a garden of brightly colored flowers appeared on the one side, a coop of chickens on the other. He could see himself tilling the earth for an expansion in the garden. Royce trained his eyes a bit more and could briefly make out a woman's silhouette working away in the kitchen whistling a happy tune. Royce stopped for a moment as he thought he distinctively thought he heard the sound of children playing. The vision disappeared though and Royce was brought back to the here and now.

Bridget took off again pleading with him to follow stating that the best was yet to come. He caught up to her standing by a fast moving stream. Royce looked at the area and envisioned a mill working wheat into flour and again saw the same silhouette and also heard the children's voices. The vision snapped away. Royce turned to Bridget. "This place is perfect," he said to her, "Does anybody own this property?" Royce waited with breath held for a few moments and then added, "I should tell you that while you were describing the property a vision came to me and well, it makes perfect sense for me to build on this parcel of land."
Last edited by Royce on Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget watched Royce as he surveyed the land and the stream. She smiled to herself as she watched his face. She’d known that he would find peace here, as she always had in the past.

“The land here is free for you to build on. This is where I’d live… if I didn’t have my cottage.” She slipped off her sandals and walked to the rocky shore of the stream. “I come here often, to relax and think. The cold water on my toes really helps clear my mind.” She lifted her skirt to her knees and waded into the shallows to a large boulder near the edge of the stream. Bridget sat down and dipped her feet into the cool water. She patted the space next to her. “Join me, Royce. I have something I need to share with you.”
Thank you, Aishe!
Royce

Post by Royce »

Royce was pleased to learn that this parcel of land was not owned by anybody and that he was able to build on it. A plan started to formulate in his head of what he wanted to build and what it would like. "That is most agreeable news Bridget," he said to her at last, "I cannot wait to begin building.

Royce watched as Bridget slipped her sandals off and walked over to the stream and lifted her skirt slightly and walked out to a boulder in the stream and sat down upon it. She urged him to join her and he walked to the edge of the stream and removed his boots. While wading out he thought he felt a fish dart by his leg. He sat down next to Bridget on the large stone. "What would you like to tell me?" he asked.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget watched Royce remove his boots, and while he did, she contemplated how best to show him. Few knew of her gift, though she knew many were curious. When Royce took a seat next to her, she looked up at him and forced a smile. She studied his face for a moment; his beard was several days old but well-groomed and his dark hair fell in waves to his shoulders, framing his light eyes perfectly. She wished to reach out and stroke his cheek, but she held back. He was watching her expectantly and she struggled to find a way to begin.

Finally, she looked into his eyes and began,
“I’ve told you a little bit about my past. But I’ve not told you all. And I still don’t think I’m ready for such a confession yet. But here… let me show you something.”

She took a deep breath and looked away from him. Bridget extended her arms out in front of her and cupped her right hand over her left, closing her eyes a moment. She opened her eyes and slowly lifted her right hand revealing a small ball of fire swirling above her left palm. She turned her body toward Royce and slowly moved her hand toward him. She watched his face as the small flame rolled and turned. “That man I told you about? That was when I discovered what I was capable of. This was brought on by fear, I think, and got out of control…and people were hurt. It’s taken me years, but I have control of it now.” Almost as quickly as she started, she waved her right hand over the fire ball to extinguish the flames. Bridget dropped her hands and stared down into the fast-moving water, wondering what Royce was thinking of her now.
Thank you, Aishe!