[ORP] - The Dark before Dawn

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Hephastion

[ORP] - The Dark before Dawn

Post by Hephastion »

The day was wearing on and Hephastion had watched the other Councilors dicuss and argue and counter argue different laws for keeping Bravia and its citizens right. Rolling his eyes as another point was brought up, he looks over at the fire, watching the embers glow as the pile of wood slowly dwindled away as servants and others kept stoking the fire.

Leaning back in his chair, his hair falling over his eyes, he closes them for a moment, wondering how much longer this tedium will go on for. Feeling the blood in his system running around his veins, he realises he will have to feed soon, all these potential vessels in this room with him was driving him to breaking, just to catch one of them alone in a corridor of the halls, he could have a few days fill, and maybe even be more inclined to add something to these discussions, the hunger distracted him at the best of times, but now he needed to feed soon.

His attention is brought back to the room as Peronell speaks, her voice louder than it was before, probably an indication to him to waken up and pay attention. He looked at her, a slight smile crossing his lips, looking her in the eye, his own shining as he does so. As he looks at her, he can almost hear her heart beat, pushing the Vitae around her body.
Peronell

Re: [ORP] - The Dark before Dawn

Post by Peronell »

Damn him! she thinks to herself here we are working through the night to accomplish something and there he sits. Apart from the rest. Not contributing. Just watching that damned fire. She notices the servants turn and look and realizes that she is nearly yelling. A pause, and she begins again, writing the laws needs to be done and it is up to her to keep things moving, not easy when ...

She looks across the room. The change in her voice must have finally caught his attention. He is looking at her, a slight smile playing on his lips; and as her glance moves up, their eyes meet and clash, hers a determined deep green and his ... she had never seen quite that look before. She swallows against the sudden nervousness she is feeling and nods in his direction before deliberately turning her back to him and trying to focus on the contract laws currently under discussion.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Watching her as she turns away, he shrugs to himself, the shine in his eyes dulling again for a moment. The others in the room must have witnessed that exchange, he sits back loosing himself in his own thoughts again, runing his tongue over his fangs as they begin to protrude from his gums.

Standing up slowly he acknowledes the others "I am not feeling so well, I should take my leave, i trust you will be able to finish this meeting in my absence" giving a wry smile as he pulls his cloak off the back of the chair and clasps it over his shoulders "Viceroy!" using the title in mock, he gives her a quick nod as he turns and makes his way out of the room, his cloak snapping behind him.

His heart begins to beat faster as he makes his way into the cool night air, not sure if he is imagining it, but there is a smell of blood in the air as he makes his way from the Chambers. The smell seems to grow in his nostrils, his eyes shine bright and the darkness seems to melt away, the moment seems to slow to him as he scans the area for the source of the scent.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Finwe spend most of the latest VC meeting playing with is quill and counting the number of holes in the ceiling. Laws . . . laws . . . laws . . . boring . . . I just want to make money, he thinks to himself.

By random coincidence he zones back in as Peronell begins raising her voice. His eyes follow her gaze to Hephastion and back again. This could be interesting. He notices as Hep's fangs start to protrude from his mouth . . . he was always a bit uneasy about having him on council, but he apparently didn't have Finwe in his feeding plans.

At that moment Hephastion got up, spoke, then left the chambers. He was acting even odder then usual tonight . . . the urge to follow was strong, but Finwe decided to stick out the meeting. I pity whoever he does find though, Finwe says to himself as he shivers.
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Few moments pass before he is moving around. Her senses tighten, somehow aware that he is standing, and his voice ... dangerous and deep, brooks no questioning. He certainly seems accustomed to not being questioned. She turns just in time to hear the mockery in his crisp "Viceroy"; for a brief moment she thinks about ordering him to stay. She bites her tongue hard enough to draw blood, to stop herself from issuing that ultimatum. Somehow, she manages to return his nod with as much respect as he had paid her.

She calls for a break in the discussion and refreshments are served. They struggle through another hour of discussion, but they get no where. Finally, she stops. Go home. We're done here tonight. We'll look at it again after we get some sleep.

Sitting down at the table, she gathers up the papers and drafts of what was done and then retires to her personal office. She sits down at her desk and puts her head in her hands. She can still taste the metallic tang of blood from where she had bitten herself earlier and blanches. She reaches into the lower drawer of her desk and pulls out a bottle of whiskey and a glass; pouring herself a hefty portion of the libation, she plans out the next day and how she would like to see the discussion start. There are some areas that everyone agrees upon, and she decides to outline those points before leaving for the night.

The halls are empty, save for a few guards, as she leaves castle for the night. She waves off the attempt of a guard to follow her, sure that she will be fine, it is only a short walk and she had no reason to be worried.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Finding his prey he watches as the man clears out the Inn, a rag wrapped around his hand, spots of blood seeping through Broken bottles can be dangerous smiling to himself as he moves closer to the man, the Inn Keeper turns at the last moment as Hephastion moves quickly, too quickly.

Grabbing the man by the hair, he pulls his head back exposing his neck, the large vein pulsing as he sinks his fangs in Not too much alcohol his lips form a smile as he feels the mans Vitae fill him, his strength growing with each pulse of the mans heart. Hearing foot falls in the street near by, Hephastion lets go of the man, now too weak to stand but far from death "You'll live" he whispers sharply. As the man slumps against the sacks of empties, one falls over sending broken glass crashing over the cobbled stones, Hephastion cringes and backs off down the lane, hoping the passer by keeps moving.

"Help me" the Inn Keeper shouts weakly Damn it!, not close enough to death
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

A shout of Help me! stops Peronell in her tracks. She turns her head trying to pinpoint the direction of the voice when the sound of shattering glass near the Inn draws her. Probably drunks fighting, runs through her mind as she hurries in the direction of the ruckus, her shoes making a slapping sound against the cobblestones.

There is a man, slumped against the empties, and she recognizes him as the innkeeper. She looks around to see if the attacker is still here. There is no sound, save the innkeeper's ragged breathing. She peers into the darkness, trying to discern shapes, any shapes, in the darkness there is a pair of eyes shining from the darkness, like cats eyes. Her heart stops for a brief moment.

Shoo. Be gone. She manages to whisper.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Watching as the woman makes her way down the alley, surprise coming over him when he recognises her why couldnt you stay away.

As she shoos him a smile crosses his lips, his eyes piercing the darkness he moves slowly forward the mans blood still fresh on his fangs, then suddenly bursting to life, he moves quickly, with inhuman speed clasping a hand over her mouth, he holds her gently but firmly so she is unable to struggle or scream "This leaves me in a bit of a predicament Peronell" he speaks to her quietly, his voice calm.

As he speaks to her, using everything in his power to calm her, the blood coursing through his body as he talks he lets go of her mouth, ready to cover it back over if a sound passes her lips "You have seen what I am, and that means Im in danger now" his voice steady and cold, he moves slowly down the alley away from the main street.
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

There is a split second of recognition as the shadow moves and then explodes around her Hephastion. She has no time for thought before his arm snake around her - one at her waist and one over her mouth. His grasp is not cruel, but she knows there is no way that she can overpower him. His voice whispers by her ear, "This leaves me in a bit of a predicament Peronell", the calmness in his voice is unnerving.

And then she knows true panic as he begins to move them further into the dark alley. She tries to dig her heels into the cobblestones of the street, wiggle from his hold, kick, anything to slow down their progress for someone to notice. No matter what, there is no noticeable slowing to his pace and she finally finds the ability to speak, her words are barely a breath as she pants from her efforts to escape Let... me... go. Please. Just... let me go.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

"I cant let you go Peronell, this isnt an easy choice for me to make", reaching the end of the Alley, he kicks the door open, and pulls her into the dark building, "And if you dont struggle, this will be easier on you"

Kicking the door closed behind them, he lets her go "Now sit down!" his eyes shining brightly in the dark room as he looks at her "There is a seat right behind you" unsure if she can see in the dark as well he can.

The room is small, some broken pieces of furnature from the Inn, it must have been a stock room or at least thats what it had become, by the looks of the rustied lock and dust on the floor it hadnt been used in some time.

Standing over her "I cant let you go after what you saw i am capable off, I cant just let you go back out there and tell everyone"
Last edited by Hephastion on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.